I want a weather station setup

Same here, welcome aboard inch;)

Reactions: Inch
Welcome to the party Inch!
waving-hat-smiley-emoticon.gif

My Davis will be here tomorrow (man I love Amazon Prime!). I have a small router ordered that I will re-flash and turn it into an internet portal connection for streaming weather info to the web. Saves about half of the cost of buying ready-made equipment. Besides, I like to tinker. :)

One thing to consider is when purchasing is the refresh rate of the data being sent. Some are a few seconds apart while some are 15, 30, etc. seconds which is a lot for some of the data like wind speed & direction.

I have certainly gained a lot of knowledge researching this stuff. Dang it Porky! You made me learn stuff again!

Brilliant TJ, glad it's on its way

I'll have to catch you lot later;)

Have a good day/night all:)

Reactions: dirkclod
Not sure if you are sorted already, but I have this:

Watson W8681-Pro Professional WI-FI weather station with wireless sensors https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IZJ0R0G/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_OpnEvb5ES7002

Cheap enough and very very easy to setup. The station sends the data to the panel wirelessly. Then the panel hooks up to the internet using WiFi. Just give it your weather underground ID and it does this:

This is mine: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IGOLSPIE2

Nice one inch,
If you guys look at the above link, scroll down the page on the map, I'm flag number 16;)

Reactions: dirkclod and Inch
Welcome to the party Inch!
waving-hat-smiley-emoticon.gif

My Davis will be here tomorrow (man I love Amazon Prime!). I have a small router ordered that I will re-flash and turn it into an internet portal connection for streaming weather info to the web. Saves about half of the cost of buying ready-made equipment. Besides, I like to tinker. :)

One thing to consider is when purchasing is the refresh rate of the data being sent. Some are a few seconds apart while some are 15, 30, etc. seconds which is a lot for some of the data like wind speed & direction.

I have certainly gained a lot of knowledge researching this stuff. Dang it Porky! You made me learn stuff again!

Hey TJ,

Just remember.. :)What do we all say to all the new guys when they 1st start out with there phantoms, "read the manual then read it again":D:p

It'll be tough o be ol' Porky, he's got quite the rig and website.

I'm not worthy!

were-not-worthy-o.gif

Shucks guys, gone all red:mad:;)

Yeah but they all done the same thing, collect weather data;)

Web page, you don't even need one, like what I said on my very 1st post, feed your data to wunderground or somink different.;)

Not sorted out yet here and still looking at what folk's have and looks like you have a nice set up . Hoping TJ's get's here and see how he like's the Davis unit he got . Thanks for sharing that Inch ! :)

Dirk, get yourself a Davis Vue, not a bad price. Rest of the money can go towards a P3P.... Yeah;)

Thanks Porky :)
It's a methane sniffing doohickey. I'm just wondering how polluted the air is on the ranch.

Hey WY,

Your image.jpg ain't ya? Give me more info;)

For all you guys,

This weather station might be a very good starting point;)

Davis Vue.

If you do get right into it then you could go for something like what I've got;)

I started out with a Oregon Scientific then, refresh data rate was not brilliant... Then my good lady wife bought me my Davis;)

Still need the data logger apparently. I found a guy in the UK who makes them. Are you on the WXforum?

Cant say for sure we are talking about the same thing. However I started out with a cheap datalogger as I did not want to pay the price for the Davis USB. Something I bought from one of the guys on WXforum. It worked fine however there was no memory buffer so you could not shut your PC off. So if you lost power you were in trouble. The Davis device stores data and when I power machine on it will catch up.

I started out with a Oregon Scientific then, refresh data rate was not brilliant... Then my good lady wife bought me my Davis;)

I had no issues with refresh that I noticed. But the thing would hang up and non stop issues connecting software to it. That was my last other brand before going with the Vantage Pro 2

I had no issues with refresh that I noticed. But the thing would hang up and non stop issues connecting software to it. That was my last other brand before going with the Vantage Pro 2

With the Oregon it had some thing to do with the rain tipper bucket, can't remember what it was now, sooooo long ago. Me thinks the tipper only measured in 1mm increments where the Davis measures in 0.2mm increments, more accurate. Sooo if it was raining then stopped it would not recognise until it went over 1mm.

Thats one of the reasons I changed to the Davis, far superior station;)

Cant say for sure we are talking about the same thing. However I started out with a cheap datalogger as I did not want to pay the price for the Davis USB. Something I bought from one of the guys on WXforum. It worked fine however there was no memory buffer so you could not shut your PC off. So if you lost power you were in trouble. The Davis device stores data and when I power machine on it will catch up.

That's the reason why I went for the Davis weatherlink with data logger.

Also the program I use "weather display" has a data logger built in the software so if you had a power cut or the pc crashed, on boot up the WD data logger would kick in, not data lost;)

My server crashed for about 18 hours once, you then think the worst but did not loose anything. This happened when I was on holiday a couple of years ago had to reboot via VNC which I have installed on my sever & my iPhone.

Here ya go guys,

Screen shot of my lightning detector, looks what's coming my way:eek:
The met office have also issued a weather warning for rain:eek:

Check it out on my web page. Http://www.burnhamoncrouchweather.com/wxlight2.php.
Refresh rate is every minute.

image.jpg

I bought the clone cable from the member on wxforum too, shipping today. He solved the memory issue long ago and all his cables are compatible and log data now. I won't use the software that comes with the Davis cable anyways so the money I saved will go towards software I will actually use.

:) The big brown turd truck just left (have I ever mentioned my hatred for UPS)...

IMG_0238.jpg

oh-boy-is-this-great-o.gif

Oh boy! This is gonna be great!

**** Porky ..you wide open eh bro :eek:

Yeah that's me, well at the mo firing on all cylinders;) nice to see all you guys live here at the mo;)

We've got some bad *** thunders storms coming our way... Will I ever get to fly me phantom:( might as well just sell it:eek: nah.....

:) The big brown turd truck just left (have I ever mentioned my hatred for UPS)...

View attachment 21689

oh-boy-is-this-great-o.gif

Oh boy! This is gonna be great!

Yay...... Great stuff TJ;) bet you can't wait to get it all setup;) congratulations weather buddy:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart