I Lost my P4P

I am glad you gave it a try..You will enjoy it and the gimbal s probably tougher than you think.I land mine in grass no problem.Enjoy

Update. Everything Ive shot from the mavic is too blurry or grainy to be useable. Tried all kinds of filters, different light settings, I just cant get it to focus. Everything on it was so bad I just formatted the SD with 6 videos and 100 something pictures of our entire trip. And now Ive wasted 80 bucks on polar pro filters and 90 on a battery. Junk! Im so upset I didnt just take my P3P.

Update. Everything Ive shot from the mavic is too blurry or grainy to be useable. Tried all kinds of filters, different light settings, I just cant get it to focus. Everything on it was so bad I just formatted the SD with 6 videos and 100 something pictures of our entire trip. And now Ive wasted 80 bucks on polar pro filters and 90 on a battery. Junk! Im so upset I didnt just take my P3P.

You have a defective Mavic if that is happening, assuming that you have done the appropriate calibrations correctly. Numerous users and reviewers have posted images and video with extremely good sharpness and IQ, and that has been my experience too - I don't recall a single out-of-focus shot so far. I would also suggest shooting RAW to take advantage of the full sensor bit depth, but that is not going to fix focus problems of course.

If thats the case im really glad I got it from best buy.

Edit: i have been shooting RAW, and the cinema series polar pro filters

I think you saw the video I did with the Mavic on this post so we know it's not the camera, at least it's not typical..Here is a sunrise photo I took the other day.. is it P4P quality? No.. Is it decent? Yes.

ab129720a65d911e509011923cd2354e.jpg

Thats looks amazing. And I will say that my live feed even looks that good! Mine isnt giving me those results though, It just looks like crap on the computer and TV. Same 64gb Sandisk Extreme i was using before. Let me find a video, it just wont focus.

That is the CLEAREST shot I've gotten thus far.
I cant seem to upload the video but its out of focus the whole time. I dont want to hijack this thread anymore, Sorry guys. Its going back.

Attachments

• blurry.JPG
    blurry.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 260
Last edited:
I will never fly out of sight again without a REAL BEACON. Any suggestions for the smallest most reliable one to buy..

Thanks again to everyone who helped toady!
Also, you can get a Tile as a tracking device that will help you locate your drone if it is lost.

Also, you can get a Tile as a tracking device that will help you locate your drone if it is lost.

A Tile is only going to help if either you get quite close to it (at which point it will register as close, but not give its position), or if someone else running the Tile app gets close to it. I wouldn't rely on that as a locator strategy.

Reactions: DKG13CC
I don't fancy the OP's chances - I lost my P3p to the embrace of a pine tree at about 20m (65') and although I half-saw it go in, and although there was only a line of trees rather than a circle- so I knew pretty much down to two trees where it was, and even though with the camera on I could see myself in the shot.. despite all of those advantages it still took three of us about 20 minutes to actually spot it (and an arborist to recover it).

I don't fancy the OP's chances - I lost my P3p to the embrace of a pine tree at about 20m (65') and although I half-saw it go in, and although there was only a line of trees rather than a circle- so I knew pretty much down to two trees where it was, and even though with the camera on I could see myself in the shot.. despite all of those advantages it still took three of us about 20 minutes to actually spot it (and an arborist to recover it).

I know..I know.. However, I am pretty relentless and
I bet I find it but during during summer it's going to be tough. Probably won't be till fall or winter though..

I'm still optimistic, and you guys are insanely good with triangulating the path. Ill be in good hands if I ever need help!

Tell my GF there are pictures of me being unfaithful on the bird, she'll find it by tomorrow.

Took the Mavic back to BB for a new one and they were out :( Grabbed a P4P for now but I want another.

If only that worked...

Heres a link to the video

SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

I feel for you but it's really not a mystery...It's just a bad Mavic..Take it back or have DJI send you a new one and you will be back in business..I have only had my Mavic for a couple weeks and I wouldn't give it up..I love my lost P4P but I would want both now..It's just WAY to convenient to fly my Mavic and when it works great! People love them..

This may sound stupid but you have the plastic gimbal brace and plastic bubble off when your flying right?

I'm still optimistic, and you guys are insanely good with triangulating the path. Ill be in good hands if I ever need help!

Tell my GF there are pictures of me being unfaithful on the bird, she'll find it by tomorrow.

Took the Mavic back to BB for a new one and they were out :( Grabbed a P4P for now but I want another.

Well...Congrsts! It's a great bird although a little big now that I have been slinging around the Mavic. Still want mine back though!

I feel for you but it's really not a mystery...It's just a bad Mavic..Take it back or have DJI send you a new one and you will be back in business..I have only had my Mavic for a couple weeks and I wouldn't give it up..I love my lost P4P but I would want both now..It's just WAY to convenient to fly my Mavic and when it works great! People love them..

This may sound stupid but you have the plastic gimbal brace and plastic bubble off when your flying right?

I liked being able to hop out of the car, unfold it with the props attached and go. Killer points there. And yes, i did fly without the gimbal clamp and bubble (although i did try the bubble once to see)

Ill grab another soon.

It does indeed and I need to get in that little island [emoji267]...I called the steel company and they said that they didn't mind at all so I will try and rule that out..I also will search the area where the the path shows it making its way into the hood. You can clearly see the red line intersect a tall tree so that's a possible target as well.

You guys are right about the trees being an issue..I live in Berkeley Lake Ga and it's a virtual Jungle..Beautiful but densely wooded..Here are a couple shots from the Mavic off the back porch tonight looking towards the doomed flight path..(and one of me saying hello and thanks!)

PS--I take that back..I have a better shot of the flight path on the sd card.. The ones I showed here are a little left of the flight path..Upload them tomorrow..That bugs me because you can kinda see the trees that might be the culprit..Owell..Tomorrow..

PSS- I am flying the Mavic with the iPad due to my controller off being moded right now so I was a little scared to send it up too high. It didn't seem to mind but I did...[emoji15]

Thats my view on both sides of me down here in the valley, except only few scattered houses in the far distance. I climb to 150' AGL just to clear the tree line, fly horizontally just a wee bit, and poof, B.L.O.S.. The FAA didn't exactly think this one through for a lot of us.

1dcb6d156ddc825b5a23456bd757f2dc.jpg

f051c280ba5f3ba8520f202afd15b0fb.jpg

f3f5dfe5b52508f62ccd989dd84ed1e6.jpg

Reactions: suitsme32
This thread's gone a little off-track ... just wondered if the OP ever found the Phantom... anyone?

I don't understand the point in way point flying and sending the drone so far out when you can't see the footage you're capturing. I thought the whole point of getting a flying camera was to capture things from a whole new perspective. The only time I'd get it is when you want to capture certain angles on a flight path and you want control of the gimbal etc. Seems dumb and pointless to send something so expensive out in a mission in a straight line.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT