I Lost my P4P

Hey Guys!! I found it finally and it's on it's way back to DJI for Refresh Replacement! You guys were such a big help and it was pretty darn close to where some of you suggested.

It was an AMAZING day to catch the first glimpse of the snapped white legs sticking out of the leaves..The smart card was still in the bird so I go the final flight on video. It took the exact path we thought. We were right along...

44a617bbddddf26ccaabdcb957752864.jpg

9a611d9896889e0b25cf275ec827c5f5.jpg

32b2b166e65247108c926be036bbfeb7.jpg

ea67ca4c27c8c3e4ee4af4f09686fec3.jpg

W0000000000000H0000000000000!!!!!!!!! Man, the second I saw your screenname pop up in my notifications, I thought; surely, he found it! Yes! Awesome! So glad!

W0000000000000H0000000000000!!!!!!!!! Man, the second I saw your screenname pop up in my notifications, I thought; surely, he found it! Yes! Awesome! So glad!

Heck ya man...That was three months of solid searching and door knocking..Finally, it was in my hands. My replacement is already shipped for 99.00 bucks! Sweet!

Good to hear ! So after all the speculation it was sar104(I think) that was pretty well right .It made it close to home.
So you spotted it the trees or did someone else tell you about it? Just curious .
By the look of the trees from above it looked like mission impossible.
I crashed my P3 into a 50 ha canola crop (made a mistake on one of my wp calculations)
Lucky for me the battery stayed in and I just walked right to it .Now it's stained green but still run well !
Your video would be interesting .

Reactions: DKG13CC
Hey Guys!! I found it finally and it's on it's way back to DJI for Refresh Replacement! You guys were such a big help and it was pretty darn close to where some of you suggested.

It was an AMAZING day to catch the first glimpse of the snapped white legs sticking out of the leaves..The smart card was still in the bird so I go the final flight on video. It took the exact path we thought. We were right along...
Glad you found it. We would love to see the video.

Well done mate. So happy for you [emoji4] as a reward for everyone who helped you... How about uploading the death flight? [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Reactions: DKG13CC
Great new !
Glad to learn you never stopped to look for it.
Waiting for the video (which should show that you escaped other trees just before the deadly one).

Thanks for reporting back.

Was the Mavic instrumental in locating it or was it ground recon that found it? Just preparing myself for when mine goes missing. :)

What did dji say for dji refresh? They specifically said they won't cover litchi so I wonder what they will say to you

What did dji say for dji refresh? They specifically said they won't cover litchi so I wonder what they will say to you

My Drone is already in route. I have a tracking number and everything!! sweet!

There seems to be a huge misconception and it goes round and round this forum and the DJI forum. DJI will ABSOLUTELY honor Refresh, DJI Care, and your Std warranty when using Litchi, Autopilot, Copilot, etc. Heres the kicker, In the case of Refresh, the crash HAS to be PILOT error. The error can not be caused by the third party software. In the case of the std Warranty, you can be using Litchi but any crash must be caused by hardware failure.

When I sent my Drone back, I was sure they wouldn't be able to pull anything off the drone and if they can't prove it was pilot error, it's a no go. However, when it was in its "Damage Assessment" stage, I received a long email with all the details of my flawed flight. The tech knew it was in waypoint mode and had the Height, Speed, Location, and even pictures of the crash. At the end of their assessment it said that the user incorrectly set the last waypoint..Something everyone in this thread already knows well..lol..Anyway, they said that it was clearly user error and therefore covered by Refresh.

The next day, I got an invoice for 99 bucks. I paid it and it shipped a few days later.. I hope that clears up that rumor as it's been going around for awhile and now we all know better for sure!

As a side note, Remember, DJI WANTS Development and Developers using their SDK. Approved vendors(Litchi..etc..) go through lots of testing WITH DJI before they are allowed to be considered a partner developer. Even the developer of Litchi said the same thing on Litchi's Facebook page. They were and are right..

Reactions: Neon Euc and sar104
My Drone is already in route. I have a tracking number and everything!! sweet!

There seems to be a huge misconception and it goes round and round this forum and the DJI forum. DJI will ABSOLUTELY honor Refresh, DJI Care, and your Std warranty when using Litchi, Autopilot, Copilot, etc. Heres the kicker, In the case of Refresh, the crash HAS to be PILOT error. The error can not be caused by the third party software. In the case of the std Warranty, you can be using Litchi but any crash must be caused by hardware failure.

When I sent my Drone back, I was sure they wouldn't be able to pull anything off the drone and if they can't prove it was pilot error, it's a no go. However, when it was in its "Damage Assessment" stage, I received a long email with all the details of my flawed flight. The tech knew it was in waypoint mode and had the Height, Speed, Location, and even pictures of the crash. At the end of their assessment it said that the user incorrectly set the last waypoint..Something everyone in this thread already knows well..lol..Anyway, they said that it was clearly user error and therefore covered by Refresh.

The next day, I got an invoice for 99 bucks. I paid it and it shipped a few days later.. I hope that clears up that rumor as it's been going around for awhile and now we all know better for sure!

As a side note, Remember, DJI WANTS Development and Developers using their SDK. Approved vendors(Litchi..etc..) go through lots of testing WITH DJI before they are allowed to be considered a partner developer. Even the developer of Litchi said the same thing on Litchi's Facebook page. They were and are right..

No that's specifically not what dji said on their forum. Maybe I can try to find the thread but essentially what they said is that since they cannot get the flight log when using the 3rd party app, they cannot know what happened and so cannot honor the refresh.

Where did you get your confirmation that the policy works this way?

No that's specifically not what dji said on their forum. Maybe I can try to find the thread but essentially what they said is that since they cannot get the flight log when using the 3rd party app, they cannot know what happened and so cannot honor the refresh.

Where did you get your confirmation that the policy works this way?

Sir...You are incorrect as evidenced by my drone coming back to me at this very moment under Refresh. Also, you can read DJI Ken's response below for further conformation.. what you are reading is about replacement and fly sways under the standard Warranty.

When they saw that my drone was flying correctly under a waypoint mode and then just hit a tree, it was obvious USER error and that's what Refresh covers. They are the ones who told me that..I am posting another by DJI Joe below as well..

54ff8ece01997cc5a8d8921aa20095c1.jpg

b16ffd4974f60237e18b11f2d908c31d.jpg

Last edited:
Sir...You are incorrect as evidenced by my drone coming back to me at this very moment under Refresh. Also, you can read DJI Ken's response below for further conformation.. what you are reading is about replacement and fly sways under the standard Warranty.

When they saw that my drone was flying correctly under a waypoint mode and then just hit a tree, it was obvious USER error and that's what Refresh covers. They are the ones who told me that..I am posting another by DJI Joe below as well..

54ff8ece01997cc5a8d8921aa20095c1.jpg

b16ffd4974f60237e18b11f2d908c31d.jpg

oh ok yes that's the thread I was referring to and I guess the key take away point here is that you managed to recover your drone. If you lose your drone, then it makes a huge difference whether you are using Go or 3rd party where one would get coverage the other won't

oh ok yes that's the thread I was referring to and I guess the key take away point here is that you managed to recover your drone. If you lose your drone, then it makes a huge difference whether you are using Go or 3rd party where one would get coverage the other won't

That's exactly right..I was screwed until I recovered mine...I am still not sure what constitutes a Software issue but we know that using Litchi does not cancel out your Refresh coverage.

Ok guys...Here is the video from the fatal day..You can skip the first part where it's hovering above my back deck. It's kinda strange but you'll notice as it's on it's way home, it's crossing the road losing attitude and it appears to jump and stop a little..I think that was the first tree..It then continues and you can see the wall of trees in its path. However, it seems to stop right before. That's strange because in this flight mode, there should have been no sensors working.

Also, the angle of the cam coming home is because it's still aiming at a POI that was set way back across the street. Anyway, enjoy and it's eire how close some of you got to calling the crash site!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Ok guys...Here is the video from the fatal day..You can skip the first part where it's hovering above my back deck. It's kinda strange but you'll notice as it's on it's way home, it's crossing the road losing attitude and it appears to jump and stop a little..I think that was the first tree..It then continues and you can see the wall of trees in its path. However, it seems to stop right before. That's strange because in this flight mode, there should have been no sensors working.

Also, the angle of the cam coming home is because it's still aiming at a POI that was set way back across the street. Anyway, enjoy and it's eire how close some of you got to calling the crash site!

Enjoy!

Looking back at the 3-D track reconstruction, I'm impressed with the accuracy of Google Earth's 3D imagery of the trees. It appears to have identified the location and the correct tree. Also a testament to the aircraft's accurate track and alitude control.

So it did not appear to crash - did it just autoland on low battery?

screenshot15.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl