I Lost my P4P

You're not the only here that can converse with me so please don't speak for everyone as I'm sure there are others out there with the same view.
This thread is not the place for that view. You are trying to hijack this thread, which is a violation of forum policy.

"Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent."

Go start your own thread, if you need to find others who share your view.:cool:

Last edited:
"But you are missing the obvious...flying there is COOL, walking there is not:rolleyes:

"Sure, and you could also climb a tree instead to take an aerial photograph! :rolleyes:Seems more logical to me, as then he wouldn't have lost his drone! :p

I was having similar thoughts (35" selfie stick would be fun but no very cool)
.abwRN made a mistake like we all do at times and the result was a learning exercise for us all and a costly error for him .
Everything we do does not always require a purpose or even logic (why climb Mt Everest ?)
Just be thankful he wasn't flying an A380:eek::)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
DKJhx9l.gif

Reactions: open sky video
Ok guys...Here is a video from the steel building back to my house along basically the same path (higher of course)..Took this video with my Mavic and a Titan "control" antenna.I couldn't used to get to this building with my Mavic stock antenna through all the trees. You see what I'm dealing with on the hunt..

Last edited:
Ok guys...Here is a video from the steel building back to my house(waypoint 3) It's flying along the same path basically (although higher)..Took this video with my Mavic and a Titan "control" antenna.I couldn't used to get to this building with my Mavic stock antenna through all the trees. You see what I'm dealing with on the hunt..

What time were you flying? Whats the likelihood that it was stolen?

Hmm.. you would have trouble spotting a herd of elephants in there.

I know..Thats why I think it will be fall before its found unfortunately..

The probability is high...Makes no sense the DJI can't block this MAC address or at least tell me if someone tries to use it like apple..They might be able to..I asked but their customer service sucks

Last edited:
I know..Thats why I think it will be fall before its found unfortunately..

The probability is high...Makes no sense the DJI can't block this MAC address or at least tell me if someone tries to use it like apple..They might be able to..I asked but their customer service sucks
It would be good if you could lock the drone with your registered account, or perhaps even locate it if its ever connected back to the internet with another user.

I hate when I hear of a lost drone so I wish you well in locating it. I hope it doesn't have too much damage as well. Good luck, and please let us know how you make out.

Bud

You guys are the best! Waypoint 1 is my buddy's house...Actions were 184 feet take pic and proceed to waypoint 2. (My friend saw the Drone arrive and then leave) Waypoint 2 had a altitude set of 184 ft and actions were to proceed to waypoint 3(takeoff location). In between waypoint 2 and 3 I would have regained signal and my plan was to manually fly the bird home. Never happened.

Waypoint 3 had a very low altitude which is MY mistake using Litchi but here's a question. Waypoint 2 the altitude was set to 184, so would the Drone fly at this altitude to Waypoint 3 and then execute the altitude set at waypoint 3 or did it lower itself to the altitude set for waypoint 3 at waypoint 2..(that would spell trouble.) I have DJI Refresh but I think I need the carcass...[emoji15]

.Ok..I am up and and the search crew will be hitting the woods today..lol..

Ok guys...Here is a video from the steel building back to my house along basically the same path (higher of course)..Took this video with my Mavic and a Titan "control" antenna.I couldn't used to get to this building with my Mavic stock antenna through all the trees. You see what I'm dealing with on the hunt..

Very difficult to analyse something due to the low light and continuous movements of the gimbal. :-(

Very difficult to analyse something due to the low light and continuous movements of the gimbal. :-(

It actually looks pretty darn good for the time it was..It was getting dark..Gimbal issue..My fault!

I have a new weapon that will allow me to drop down into the trees more without losing my signal so I will shoot a better video tomorrow..

Ok, I can't be total sure that it was Litchi but I installed it today and no longer have a Drone. I have flown successfully for 8 months using DJI go. No issues..

I installed Litchi and tested it out with a couple preprogrammed flights and all went well until the last one. I sent it up following a saved route that I had previously flown today but this time it never came back. It was a waypoint route and therefore was out of communication for a brief moment so I have no idea where it went..

Its so disappointing to see my 1400 dollar Drone just disappear. I'm speechless. Does anyone have any ideas? How does the DJI's find my Drone work? Can I have DJI lock the Drone so no one can use it and maybe it gets turned in for the the reward I offered in nextdoor. (Neighborhood chatboard )

It flew this saved route just 2 hours before in perfect weather and it had plenty of altitude so I have no idea what happened. Pic attached..

db59fa206c05bb06c3e0f12b6574510c.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bird. I just signed up here and while browsing around I've read three post regarding lost or birds dropping out of the sky. All of these users mentioned they were using Litchi. - Jeremy

Sorry to hear about your bird. I just signed up here and while browsing around I've read three post regarding lost or birds dropping out of the sky. All of these users mentioned they were using Litchi. - Jeremy

Well, I definitely was using Litchi but it was definitely MY fault..If I would have paid attention to the waypoint setting, all would have been ok..I think it was an expensive lesson..Now, I fly with litchi all the time in FPV mode and will fly in waypoint again, no problem..

Here's some from just yesterday...

71283f918a58ea58a83945131f5c9640.jpg

Alright guys...I Took the day off and I'm going Drone Hunting!!
d91c76e465a32fd1389c2289b62dcfcc.jpg

Assume you weren't able to locate it since you didn't post anything... judging from your armament, it looks like you were prepared for the worst. Hopefully nothing serious...

I've read three post regarding lost or birds dropping out of the sky. All of these users mentioned they were using Litchi.
There's nothing about Litchi that would cause a Phantom to drop from the sky and nothing that would cause the Phantom to be lost.
The thing about Litchi is that it will send your Phantom exactly where you program it.
But if users are flying waypoint missions that take the Phantom out of sight, they have to exercise extra care that their mission is going to be well clear of obstacles or other issues because they won't have the ability to make corrections if they can't see what's going on in the flight.

There's nothing about Litchi that would cause a Phantom to drop from the sky and nothing that would cause the Phantom to be lost.
The thing about Litchi is that it will send your Phantom exactly where you program it.
But if users are flying waypoint missions that take the Phantom out of sight, they have to exercise extra care that their mission is going to be well clear of obstacles or other issues because they won't have the ability to make corrections if they can't see what's going on in the flight.

Yep..I have always freely admitted that It was my mistake..Live and Learn..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl