I Lost my P4P

Yeah, there are a lot of dumb pointless drone operators out there. Glad your not one of them. And how about people like Litchi who make those apps just to encourage that dumb pointless behaviour? ! I think the FAA should address that. Look into all the money they are making and find out what purpose they are putting it to.

This thread's gone a little off-track ... just wondered if the OP ever found the Phantom... anyone?

Nope..Not yet but I also haven't gone looking again yet..This weekend..Thanks to everyone again who has helped. It's been awesome..(Except the last guy..lol..)

Yeah, there are a lot of dumb pointless drone operators out there. Glad your not one of them. And how about people like Litchi who make those apps just to encourage that dumb pointless behaviour? ! I think the FAA should address that. Look into all the money they are making and find out what purpose they are putting it to.

@ James and "flashbuddy"...It's amazing that this thread has gone this long before you two chimed in with your negative comments. You have zero clue as to why I flew the route I did so please chime in when you have something constructive to say. The people in this thread have been extremely helpful so please take your bad attitude elsewhere..

I don't understand the point in way point flying and sending the drone so far out when you can't see the footage you're capturing. I thought the whole point of getting a flying camera was to capture things from a whole new perspective. The only time I'd get it is when you want to capture certain angles on a flight path and you want control of the gimbal etc. Seems dumb and pointless to send something so expensive out in a mission in a straight line.
What makes you thing that you can't see the footage you are capturing during a Way Point mission? The recorded video is always available after in 2160p 4K, and the FPV view in 720p is continuously available, live, as long as there is RC reception during the mission.

What makes you thing that you can't see the footage you are capturing during a Way Point mission? The recorded video is always available after in 2160p 4K, and the FPV view in 720p is continuously available, live, as long as there is RC reception during the mission.

Your exactly right Gadgetguy..These guys have no idea what they are talking about..They just popped in to trash a good thread..

Reactions: DKG13CC
Nope..Not yet but I also haven't gone looking again yet..This weekend..Thanks to everyone again who has helped. It's been awesome..(Except the last guy..lol..)

My son lost his P4 back at Christmas and it took us a couple of days to find it... I am hopeful you'll find yours.

My son lost his P4 back at Christmas and it took us a couple of days to find it... I am hopeful you'll find yours.

Thanks buddy..I really want my SD card the most..If its out there, I will find it! It just might take until fall when the leaves come down.

I'm fully aware that you have a stream available whilst flying waypoint mode that's not my point. As OP admitted himself he didn't have vision during flight, and if he did then he could have easily avoided this accident or recovered as he'd have seen where it fell out the sky. He said he flew it to take a picture of his friends house so why not just go to the house and then deploy the drone there? Seems a lot more logical to me.

I'm fully aware that you have a stream available whilst flying waypoint mode that's not my point. As OP admitted himself he didn't have vision during flight, and if he did then he could have easily avoided this accident or recovered as he'd have seen where it fell out the sky. He said he flew it to take a picture of his friends house so why not just go to the house and then deploy the drone there? Seems a lot more logical to me.
LOL! Thats not always possible.

Sure, and you could also climb a tree instead to take an aerial photograph! :rolleyes: Seems more logical to me, as then he wouldn't have lost his drone! :p Apparently, you don't fully appreciate the flexibility and capability of a full featured camera drone with a 4.3 mile range for remote aerial photography and videography, and using Litchi missions to extend the capabilities where LOS signal may be a problem. :cool: Suppose the OP were handicapped or otherwise house bound and still wanted an aerial shot of his friend's house. Does that work for you? Maybe an impassable river separates them? Maybe he just wanted to see if he could. Lots of possibilities. Next time you get into a car accident, remember, you could have taken the bus! :rolleyes:

And how about people like Litchi who make those apps just to encourage that dumb pointless behaviour? ! I think the FAA should address that. Look into all the money they are making and find out what purpose they are putting it to.
Litchi is an extremely useful program with lots of legitimate functions.
There's nothing about it that the FAA need to look into and you can find out for yourself what it does on their website: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
Litchi doesn't do anything to encourage that dumb pointless behaviour any more than Ford does with their cars or the manufacturers of a thousand things out there.
If there's dumb pointless behaviour, that's down to the operator, not the product.

@ James The thing is..You don't know why I flew the mission I did and I don't feel compelled to have to explain THAT part of the story..Yes, I made a mistake but I have flown many many successful missions before. Anyway, you don't really have any grounds for popping in someone else thread just to stir things up..Chill out and go fly your drone..

Let's move on and as always...I appreciate the help. I will update after my search this weekend..

@ James The thing is..You don't know why I flew the mission I did and I don't feel compelled to have to explain THAT part of the story..Yes, I made a mistake but I have flown many many successful missions before. Anyway, you don't really have any grounds for popping in someone else thread just to stir things up..Chill out and go fly your drone..

Let's move on and as always...I appreciate the help. I will update after my search this weekend..
All I was looking for is justification as to sending something out so far that's so expensive and also dangerous to civilians under it, whilst you can't see captured footage and also have no line of sight. To me it makes no sense at all, just wanted to see if my opinion could be changed but obviously it hasn't. Hope you find it in the end anyway.

All I was looking for is justification as to sending something out so far that's so expensive and also dangerous to civilians under it, whilst you can't see captured footage and also have no line of sight. To me it makes no sense at all, just wanted to see if my opinion could be changed but obviously it hasn't. Hope you find it in the end anyway.
It wasn't our intent to change your mind, as you already had it made up when you butted in...:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews