How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Hi Papatita.. Just now I apply the v5.1 mod. After testing it at the evening I notice that "signal lost" warning keep flashing and the video stream quite lag. Please help

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The led on my remote also turns to red sometimes. There is no interference at the place im flying

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

same with me. . .

here is my flightlog recorded by the dji.go apps. they are separated into 9 flightlogs which are actually came from a single flight with 2times auto RTH due to lost signal. although it could reach the same distance as previous version, but i hate to say that previous test using v.5.0 is better (more solid fpv and logs) than this v.5.1.

i am gonna test it again tomorrow for sure. . .
a0144a200684225303dd779dffb5b869.jpg

and this is video result inside the DJI_RECORD folder. they are 4 videos for one flight.
32fb0ddd3ab45ebd29ba8248d2637fec.jpg

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Magic Script does not use GB but BO as country code and should apply to all countries

Ok , Papa Tita, thanks for your strong support !
I thought the MagicPowerv5.0 , also was applying the patch in the rcS file , but I did not see any implementation there, and still "GB" inside.... (but as you said, your patch did not modify the rcS.)
Anyway , after magicpower 5.0 , iwinfo , shows correctly 24 dBm in both AC, RC, but before the change I had a maximum range of 220m, and now 350 m, (good, but very far away from your forum results) (but always with perfect video link ) . Therefore I wonder , if the 5,8Ghz path is still limitted due to CE .or BO country .
When checking the reg setting , it answers,
country BO:DFS-JP
(2402-2482 @ 40) , (N/A , 30, (N/A)
(5735-5835 @ 80), (N/A, 30, (N/A)
Please advise me , if I can do anything more to increase some dB's the 5,8Ghz.
Should I revert back to stock and apply the new magicpower 5.1 ?

Ok , Papa Tita, thanks for your strong support !
I thought the MagicPowerv5.0 , also was applying the patch in the rcS file , but I did not see any implementation there, and still "GB" inside.... (but as you said, your patch did not modify the rcS.)
Anyway , after magicpower 5.0 , iwinfo , shows correctly 24 dBm in both AC, RC, but before the change I had a maximum range of 220m, and now 350 m, (good, but very far away from your forum results) (but always with perfect video link ) . Therefore I wonder , if the 5,8Ghz path is still limitted due to CE .or BO country .
When checking the reg setting , it answers,
country BO:DFS-JP
(2402-2482 @ 40) , (N/A , 30, (N/A)
(5735-5835 @ 80), (N/A, 30, (N/A)
Please advise me , if I can do anything more to increase some dB's the 5,8Ghz.
Should I revert back to stock and apply the new magicpower 5.1 ?
I'm in CE area and i have the same country result. It's the same 5.8ghz result as FCC. I have a big range improvement on 5.8ghz (before mod i fly where i could only go to ~ 600m before lost 5.8ghz signal and now i can go easy over 1km at same place...)

I live in wifipollulated area, before i fly there 100m when signal lost, now i got 400m with easy. Really want thanks Papa to this mod.
In the outside populated area i fly really long distances.

Jani

I'm in CE area and i have the same country result. It's the same 5.8ghz result as FCC. I have a big range improvement on 5.8ghz (before mod i fly where i could only go to ~ 600m before lost 5.8ghz signal and now i can go easy over 1km at same place...)
Hi thanks, Mac_flyfr,, and how do you reach 1000 m , you set up to 24dBm or 27dBm ? and did you also changed the antenna or add any boost amp ?
(I could see some improvement, but my starting range was not 600 m, was around 200 m , that is quite significant differerence). , but congratulations for the mod !

Hey Vadar, can I ask what firmware you are on? And can anyone else from us confirm that on stock configuration after gps lock the rc and ac jump to 27dbm.

Sent from my Letv X500 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Confirmed! If you are in an FCC regon, GPS lock has been established and you start DJI Go App, your 2.4Ghz transmit power is set to 27dBm from the get go. Flew around close and far and transmit power stayed at 27dBm, no variation. I have a DBS Antenna Mod and have never experienced any heating issues.

Confirmed! If you are in an FCC regon, GPS lock has been established and you start DJI Go App, your 2.4Ghz transmit power is set to 27dBm from the get go. Flew around close and far and transmit power stayed at 27dBm, no variation. I have a DBS Antenna Mod and have never experienced any heating issues.
Are you sure?
On specs dji states
Phantom 3 Standard - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO - DJI
RC eirp fcc 20dbm and ce 16dbm I think this is for 5.8
And for live view app its 100mw that is equal to 20dbm and they don't differ ce from fcc....

I tried to misure the signal strength with a WiFi analyzer before and after patching my p3s with 5.1: no differences... I made a test flight and keep losing signal at 170m height.what am i doing wrong?

The other side.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

WOW! How the hell are you able to get any form of video feed with all those houses around?
I cannot go more than 30 meters before I lose video feed.
I really want to get this mod to work, otherwise I'm going to have to 'try' and take my standard back to the shop for a refund.
I can't get step 2 to work. Step one says successful, but step 2 just says "Can't connect to RC!!" then I get "Can't telnet to RC"

Last edited:
i think kidjoe didn't mean to say he ran the app on android... if he did, he wouldn't see any message at all. not even that "access violation" thing....

what windows you are using? did you see any popup windows asking you to chose network categories (work,public,home)? if you didn't answer it, this app probably still blocked by windows firewall.....
tnx for the reply sinxa... finally i configured about the firewall thats why it keep on having issues. there was a conflict of windows firewall on my avg.

tested the bird & confirmed that the video viewing is flawless with the farthest 400m++ distance for my flight. have never pushed this far before & want to test more distance next time. my max elevation as of now reaches 162.9 still flawless with the video feeds. the only thing is sometimes my android phone lag after the mod & sometimes the dji app will have its transmission lost of video.
im using the 3.8 version of papatita's magic power mod with 22 dbm, channel 13 & limit 20dbm on remote. im running 1.5.7 firmware & 2.8.1 dji go app.
i want to try the 5.0 version in the future.
by the way is it ok to uninstall the telnet after mod?

million thanks to you papatita!

Reactions: PapaTita
tnx for the reply sinxa... finally i configured about the firewall thats why it keep on having issues. there was a conflict of windows firewall on my avg.

tested the bird & confirmed that the video viewing is flawless with the farthest 400m++ distance for my flight. have never pushed this far before & want to test more distance next time. my max elevation as of now reaches 162.9 still flawless with the video feeds. the only thing is sometimes my android phone lag after the mod & sometimes the dji app will have its transmission lost of video.
im using the 3.8 version of papatita's magic power mod with 22 dbm, channel 13 & limit 20dbm on remote. im running 1.5.7 firmware & 2.8.1 dji go app.
i want to try the 5.0 version in the future.

good news,

i think telnet (i am assuming you're said about telnet on PC, not telnet service on the RC) isn't part of requirements of this mod. it's only additional tool for us to manually configure the RC/quad channel and power or to check the iwinfo results. if you rely only on papatita's software, you won't need any additional tools anymore to do the mod.

cmiiw.

i believe IWILZ said that j3cook should show the home distance instead of flight distance.

on j3cook's screenshot i assume it was about 4000meters home distance with a single turn arround using DBS antenna.

Sorry I didn't see how to do that type screen shot, it was 3900 meters from home.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: sinxa

You are welcome.
Not recommended for removing the telnet because RC send tx-power and coverage setting to AC via telnet, the other feature is if you want to change channel also be done via telnet.
If you are worried, the wifi password that should be replaced.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart