How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Hi PapaTita ,
I downgraded to 1.5.7, and then applied your magicpower5.0 .
Question, beside changing the 2,4Ghz power link, is it also changing changing the country "GB" part to FCC type ?
Because after applying the default limit 24 dBm to both , AC and RC (through magicpower5.0) , and I do not lose any video link, but i still can not cross the 300 m range distance .
Tomorrow I would continue testing about it , but I wonder if the 5 Ghz link is also limitted due to the line , county "GB" lines.
The Magic Script does not use GB but BO as country code and should apply to all countries

Hi Papatita,

2 Questions:

1. I updated my P3S to 24dbm and 20dbm to RC with DJIUpdate v3.8. This worked like a charm. Now I see that you developed a new software - what are the differences? Should I use this MagicPower software or basically they are the same?

2. If I should update the drone and RC using Magic Power - should I go back to default using the DJIUpdate software and then update using MagicPower? Or MagicPower will work fine on drone and RC even following the DJIUpdate hack?

Thanks!
1. In Magic Power version 5.1 there is improvement of the live streaming when the farther distance
2. You can directly replace and run applications v5.1

b1a07b262159e4a624e41276e7de2ed6.jpg
I'm a believer longest flight ever thanks to magic!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Nice but the PapaTita's mod don't affects the flight distance but only the distance of video/telemetry... isn't it?
So, what about that?

I've just noticed something interesting - well I thought it was interesting haha.

After having issues with Step 2 - see my post #480

I thought I'd follow the manual steps listed in the topic called:
Safe way to unlock FCC mode and set 27db for p3 s and p3 4k. Mac & Pc no soft needed.

When I FTP to 192.168.1.1 I'm locked into a /tmp folder - and there's no /etc or /sbin that is needed for the mod?
When I FTP to 192.168.1.2 I have access to the /etc/crontabs folder

Perhaps the fact that when I connect to 192.168.1.1 I'm locked into the /tmp folder is what's causing my errors with my MagicPower app?

Thanks for your advice.

Reactions: Zeuspower
Just installed Magic 5.1. Went from Ver 3.8. to 5.1. I didn't have to complete step 2?
After step 1 it came up as "Patch completed enjoy your mod". Is this right? I tried to do step 2 but it wouldn't open.

I've just noticed something interesting - well I thought it was interesting haha.

After having issues with Step 2 - see my post #480

I thought I'd follow the manual steps listed in the topic called:
Safe way to unlock FCC mode and set 27db for p3 s and p3 4k. Mac & Pc no soft needed.

When I FTP to 192.168.1.1 I'm locked into a /tmp folder - and there's no /etc or /sbin that is needed for the mod?
When I FTP to 192.168.1.2 I have access to the /etc/crontabs folder

Perhaps the fact that when I connect to 192.168.1.1 I'm locked into the /tmp folder is what's causing my errors with my MagicPower app?

Thanks for your advice.
what firmware version of your phantom?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Papatita,

2 Questions:

1. I updated my P3S to 24dbm and 20dbm to RC with DJIUpdate v3.8. This worked like a charm. Now I see that you developed a new software - what are the differences? Should I use this MagicPower software or basically they are the same?

2. If I should update the drone and RC using Magic Power - should I go back to default using the DJIUpdate software and then update using MagicPower? Or MagicPower will work fine on drone and RC even following the DJIUpdate hack?

Thanks!
Hey Omermu just wondering if you updated ok? I went straight to magic 5.1 without reverting to ce or anything else from Ver. 3.8. Seemed to go ok apart from not asking me to complete step 2? After step 1 it came up "patch completed enjoy your mod" Did this happen to you aswell? Tried indoors and all seems ok. Cant get out at moment its pissing down.Cheers

what firmware version of your phantom?

DJI 'upgraded' the firmware when I sent it in for signal loss problems. So it was 1.6.83. I have since downgraded to 1.5.7 when I'm trying to use your magic power app, but I'm wondering if the controller is still on the later version so there might be a conflict somewhere?

Maybe I should upgrade everything to the new beta 1.7 firmware? Although if that doesn't work, I can't downgrade?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI 'upgraded' the firmware when I sent it in for signal loss problems. So it was 1.6.83. I have since downgraded to 1.5.7 when I'm trying to use your magic power app, but I'm wondering if the controller is still on the later version so there might be a conflict somewhere?

Maybe I should upgrade everything to the new beta 1.7 firmware? Although if that doesn't work, I can't downgrade?

Thanks

Not recommended upgrade to 1.7.8

Just read this topic
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/92817/

My application was made to avoid the manual method that has been proven many brick because misstep. but after v4 is no longer talk about 27 dbm, there is another improvement

I was only trying the manual method because I couldn't get your app to work, as per my post #480

Any suggestions for the issue described in that post?

Thanks.

Does Magic Power unlock the FCC mode for greater range, or does it just increase the transmission range for the picture?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl