How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Hi,

A friend of mine just bought a Phantom 3 4K and cannot go more than 60 meters. I searched on this forum and found this incredible mod.

Will Magic Power v5.0 work with the latest firmware for Phantom 3 4K?

Thank you
Not more than 60 mtrs means that there is something wrong with the antenna. Magic Power will not help in this case. Check the remote control.

Hi PapaTita, could you please explain me what is checkbox booster/amps (RC limit to 20 dBm) means?
Previously I have installed argtek booster on my RC, and now I want to properly patch my dron/RC with magic power.
But I'm doubt if I should limit RC to 20dBm. Why one should do that?
Could you please advice?

Hi PapaTita, could you please explain me what is checkbox booster/amps (RC limit to 20 dBm) means?
Previously I have installed argtek booster on my RC, and now I want to properly patch my dron/RC with magic power.
But I'm doubt if I should limit RC to 20dBm. Why one should do that?
Could you please advice?
It means if your running powered amps on your RC, because most have a 20dBm input limit.

Hi.
I'm new to P3S and have tried to read as much as possible. What I don't understand regarding to this topic is if the Power Magic trick is just for 2,4 GHz and camera why does some of you get longer flight range?

KingC

I think some people mistaken "Video Transmission Lost" for "RC Signal Lost". If fact, when you get the "Video Transmission Lost", you still have control of the AC, and you can simply cancel the RTH and keep flying. I think, most people prefer not to fly blindly so they let the AC RTH.
I have kept the stock 5.8g antennas on both AC and on RC but only upgraded the 2.4g antennas and then patched with PowerMagic, and I am very happy with the result.

I think some people mistaken "Video Transmission Lost" for "RC Signal Lost". If fact, when you get the "Video Transmission Lost", you still have control of the AC, and you can simply cancel the RTH and keep flying. I think, most people prefer not to fly blindly so they let the AC RTH.
I have kept the stock 5.8g antennas on both AC and on RC but only upgraded the 2.4g antennas and then patched with PowerMagic, and I am very happy with the result.

Ok. That make sense. Kinda.

I live in Norway and get RC Lost before Video Lost so I really need to do something to my RC signal.

Are you
I live in Norway and get RC Lost before Video Lost so I really need to do something to my RC signal.
What sort of range are you talking about?
Are you following the simple guidelines for pointing your RC at the drone?
The AC must be within visual line of sight (VLOS), and antenna vertical (unless the AC is right above you). Our 5.8g TX signal is very easily blocked by any object, and signal can easily get reflection from tree tops or near by buildings (and become interference). In comparison, the 2.4g freq is much more powerful.

Last edited:
A windsurfer may be worth to try.. Its cheap and reversible. If it's not enough, you can try an antenna upgrade
Allready got antenna upgrade but still only about 250 meters range ( at best I have got about 400) I live at a farm and have good clear view ( flying over the fields )
Starting to belive there is some kind of interferrence here so this weekend I'm gonna try to fly in the a couple of other places.

Are you

What sort of range are you talking about?
Are you following the simple guidelines for pointing your RC at the drone?
The AC must be within visual line of sight (VLOS), and antenna vertical (unless the AC is right above you). Our 5.8g TX signal is very easily blocked by any object, and signal can easily get reflection from tree tops or near by buildings (and become interference). In comparison, the 2.4g freq is much more powerful.

Normaly 2-300 meters at maks. Sometimes down to 100 meters. At the best maybe 400.
I live at a farm and have good clear view ( flying over the fields )
Starting to belive there is some kind of interferrence here so this weekend I'm gonna try to fly in the a couple of other places.

Try flying higher. Push it just above the 120m limit, and see if you get a better distance.
I have tried serval cheap 5g and dualband antennas, but the stock 5.8g beats all the cheap ones including the Argtek. I get 800m in urban area (CE mode too) with just the stock 5.8g antenna. My problem was in the video downlink. YMMV.

Last edited:
Will this mod work after the new DJI GO app comes out this week?

"The new version of DJI GO ensures your drone has the proper geofencing data and other geospatial information for the area where you are operating."

I'm cross eyed from reading . So I'm just gonna ask . Will this work with phantom 3 professional 4k . Looks like a awesome app an I would love to try it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl