How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

It is marvelous!!! With this patch and together with a Argtek antenna I flew this morning more than 700 meters. And without any lost signal. The last weeks I could only fly for about 150 meters on the same location.My bird never flew so stable and I had never such as stable 2.4 ghz connection.

My compliments to the developer(s) and for the users who have contributed to this!

All done and I got 520m in the middle of town as opposed to 230m other day! And the only reason I didn't get more was due to me trying to screenshot the distance on the phone and moved the controller angle while doing so. Dropped off and done auto RTH, was going to intercept but was keen to see it RTH from that distance! All went to plan!

This was all just default MP settings too.

Thanks for the help guys!

Regards
Brayden

Reactions: ifly2high
I live in italy in ce area. With new pcb and dbs i got a very high distance. With old pcb my max range was 1.5km with 2w amp on 5.8

My personal record is 890m, only with 27dbm mod. With windsurfer I get 1212m, video starts choppy around 1100+.

I also have some more questions guys, I am starting to confuse myself!!!

DBM Updater or Magic Power? I used Magic Power earlier but am looking now and thinking more options in DBM updater as I would like to go 27dbm?

Default I am set to 24dbm 2.4ghz and Region now BO: JP <<< IS THAT FCC? meaning 5.8ghz has changed to 19dbm from my CE 14Dbm? Also how can I confirm a 5.8ghz power rating? Or is using TELNET IW REG GET and viewing details saying BO: JP all you can do?

Next I want to view my channels on both 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz? Can they both be changed? Can I pick channel 13 and still output 27dbm on 2.4ghz?

Also why does boosters or amps matter when making all these settings? Won't it just make it extremely boosted or is say a 3W booster it's max output for a given max input?

I only ask the easy questions because I am here to play, more fun in tampering than flying itself ;-) maybe.....

Reagrds
Brayden

DBM Updater or Magic Power? I used Magic Power earlier but am looking now and thinking more options in DBM updater as I would like to go 27dbm?

Default I am set to 24dbm 2.4ghz and Region now BO: JP <<< IS THAT FCC? meaning 5.8ghz has changed to 19dbm from my CE 14Dbm? Also how can I confirm a 5.8ghz power rating? Or is using TELNET IW REG GET and viewing details saying BO: JP all you can do?

Next I want to view my channels on both 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz? Can they both be changed? Can I pick channel 13 and still output 27dbm on 2.4ghz?

Also why does boosters or amps matter when making all these settings? Won't it just make it extremely boosted or is say a 3W booster it's max output for a given max input?

I only ask the easy questions because I am here to play, more fun in tampering than flying itself ;-) maybe.....

Reagrds
Brayden

Just fly the thing, instead of messing with something you dont understand......

Reactions: Riche10
Just fly the thing, instead of messing with something you dont understand......

Lol don't understand? Sorry for not knowing specifications on the finer details and being wise enough to ask others who do know. I could trial and test it all but why ignore the hard work that others have done already? The mod took me a whole of about 5 minutes, and I have enough knowledge to build an amplifier circuit for each system from scratch if I was inclined to do so but you are right, I would rather be flying the thing than wasting my time, that also would include searching for answers that guys here already know hence why I am here on the forum asking them. Being an avionics technician by trade I've done one or two things electrical before and about the only thing I am not that amazing with is the computer/software side of things. Which if it's ok I wouldn't mind learning it a bit better.

Reagrds
Brayden
My case
Magic power and icarus works almost same.
5.8ghz can't power up.
2.4ghz 24dbm and 27dbm works same, electric out put power about 100mW .
I'v check ImmerisionRC powermeter.(not refrect power but eletric power)
13channel same power.
Also checked 5.8ghz out put power 6mW.
Sorry bad English.

Lol don't understand? Sorry for not knowing specifications on the finer details and being wise enough to ask others who do know. I could trial and test it all but why ignore the hard work that others have done already? The mod took me a whole of about 5 minutes, and I have enough knowledge to build an amplifier circuit for each system from scratch if I was inclined to do so but you are right, I would rather be flying the thing than wasting my time, that also would include searching for answers that guys here already know hence why I am here on the forum asking them. Being an avionics technician by trade I've done one or two things electrical before and about the only thing I am not that amazing with is the computer/software side of things. Which if it's ok I wouldn't mind learning it a bit better.

Squawk 8111...........:)

Hi everyone, sorry I guess I am #101 asking the same question.Can someone let me know the current Mp version? Is MP running with the latest firmware on the drone and latest dji go app? Thanks a lot!!! Andi

Reactions: AvionicsAussie
Hi everyone, sorry I guess I am #101 asking the same question.Can someone let me know the current Mp version? Is MP running with the latest firmware on the drone and latest dji go app? Thanks a lot!!! Andi

Latest Version is 5.3
Yes, it works on FW 1.8.10 and all DJI GO.

Working perfectly got 955m in middle of town last night! Was getting 230m before so just a bit better! Hahaha

I went advanced options put in 27db, BO and ch.13

24db, BO and auto only got me 400m
Not sure what made the difference or just chance but 27db, BO and ch.13 works awesome!

Brayden

Also with directional panel upgrades, how directional are they? I am only using DJI GO and stock controller but as I got further away I couldn't tell if I was pointing at it or not.

Also there is an app that shows controller direction to drone isn't there? Litchi?

Also there is an app that shows controller direction to drone isn't there? Litchi?

It's in the GO app. Look at your telemetry, on the left, there is a radar that shows you where the drone is, when you are pointing your RC at the drone, the drone should be directly at the 12 o'clock location on the radar.

Last edited:
It's in the GO app. Look at your telemetry, on the left, there is a radar that shows you where the drone is, when you are pointing your RC at the drone, the drone is directly at 12 o'clock location on the radar.

Ah ok, I always have gps maps down the bottom and ive just been watching where drone is on the gps. But when I lost connection last night I had no idea, i looked down then up and i couldnt spot it again until it was almost overhead (LOVE RTH!!!) lol

Hi,

A friend of mine just bought a Phantom 3 4K and cannot go more than 60 meters. I searched on this forum and found this incredible mod.

Will Magic Power v5.0 work with the latest firmware for Phantom 3 4K?

Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers