How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Capture.PNG

Hi all,

I did the MagicMod on my P3S a couple of weeks ago but must admit I didn't check if it had worked. Last week I fitted the ARGtek extender kit and just asked on one of the FB groups if I should change any settings or even remove the mod when ARGt's have been fitted, the answer was to up the power setting which I left on the recommended defaults. I have just run the Mod again and it wouldn't let me run stage 2 (greyed out) after restarting the bird\RC following Stage 1. So I reverted back to stock and then ran it again which "appears" to have worked, I also enabled the optional menu as recommended on the FB group and upped the power to 27 dBm, I got successful Stage 1 & 2 messages.

However if I Telnet to the RC I get the following:

/ # iwinfo
wlan0 ESSID: "Eyghon_P3S"
Access Point: 60:60:1F:43:22:7C
Mode: Master Channel: 10 (2.457 GHz)
Tx-Power: 17 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -28 dBm Noise: -94 dBm
Bit Rate: 24.0 MBit/s
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown
Supports VAPs: yes PHY name: phy0

Does this mean it hasn't upped the power to 27 dBm?

I also enabled the 13-1 Scan but left the Region Code on B0 Default (should I change this in the UK) and Booster\Amps was left unticked, are these settings correct?

Regards

Craig

Hmm I've just reconnected after leaving it off for a short while, done a Telnet and got the following:

/ # iwinfo
wlan0 ESSID: "Eyghon_P3S"
Access Point: 60:60:1F:43:22:7C
Mode: Master Channel: 13 (2.472 GHz)
Tx-Power: 27 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -28 dBm Noise: -93 dBm
Bit Rate: 58.0 MBit/s
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)

wlan0.sta1 ESSID: unknown
Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Mode: Master (VLAN) Channel: 13 (2.472 GHz)
Tx-Power: 27 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -26 dBm Noise: -93 dBm
Bit Rate: 104.0 MBit/s
Encryption: none

I didn't get the 2nd part last time and they both now say 27 dBm so that looks to have worked.

Still unsure about the Region setting and Channel section, Have I now set it to manual scan instead of Auto scan for the channels?

TIA

Craig

To confirm then I don't need to use an older version of the DGI go app and I won't need to downgrade the bird from the latest firmware to run this mod?

Hi guys, can someone help me here?I tried to change the channel to 13 (not supported here in Canada?), and mid applying the change through terminal, it lost the wifi connection, and now my remote's power led is RED, and wifi keeps dropping and i'm not able to do anything. what can i do?

What's a gd cheap antenna mod to do with black magic
Remove the metal handle, enlarge the existing mounting holes to about 6mm. Get two U.FL to RP-SMA pigtails and run them from the PCI card to the new holes, and then connect two Alfa 2.4GHz 7dBi panels to them. Totally reversible if you want to go back to the stock ceramic antenna.
Another one is the birdside P3P landing gear antenna mod.
Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

Last edited:
Hi all, I have read start and finish (not much in the middle) of this thread, as it's quite long and a lot of other sub topics regarding problems etc. within.

I am in Australia, Just got a brand new P3S, done all firware updates, new DJI GO etc.

So as I have heard both YES and NO's on topic I would like to confirm (sorry to repeat stuff that I know has been covered) that here in CE Australia I can boost both 5.8 and 2.4 using MP?

And more importantly, can I brick the drone? Can things go badly wrong? And with all new Firmware and Software do I need to roll any of it back?

I have no idea how to do any of this, but point me in the right direction with the right cautions (Or major WARNINGS LOL!!) and I will figure the rest out from there.

This post is solely for my own personal clarification purposes. I know information can change on a daily basis and I just want peace of mind knowing the information came from the experts before I proceed.

Thanks heaps
Brayden

Hi all, I have read start and finish (not much in the middle) of this thread, as it's quite long and a lot of other sub topics regarding problems etc. within.

I am in Australia, Just got a brand new P3S, done all firware updates, new DJI GO etc.

So as I have heard both YES and NO's on topic I would like to confirm (sorry to repeat stuff that I know has been covered) that here in CE Australia I can boost both 5.8 and 2.4 using MP?

And more importantly, can I brick the drone? Can things go badly wrong? And with all new Firmware and Software do I need to roll any of it back?

I have no idea how to do any of this, but point me in the right direction with the right cautions (Or major WARNINGS LOL!!) and I will figure the rest out from there.

This post is solely for my own personal clarification purposes. I know information can change on a daily basis and I just want peace of mind knowing the information came from the experts before I proceed.

Thanks heaps
Brayden
Hi. Yes...all can be wrong....but from my personal experience with mp you may try and retry with no brick.
I made everything over phantom but it still alive.

Thanks heaps
Brayden
MP only boosts the 2.4Ghz. 5.8Ghz remains the same......:)

MP only boosts the 2.4Ghz. 5.8Ghz remains the same......:)

This is the problem!? Only 2 pages back I see comments saying if you are in CE area you can trick it into believing it is in FCC area hence it will boost 5.8 but only for CE residents?

So it seems I am good to go then! So I am ok to use DJI GO any version (latest) and the firmware on my drone (updated two days ago after out of the box) should be fine with latest MP version?

If so then I know what I am doing tonight :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl