How many others got a P3 Lemon?

Exactly! If it has problems on v3.0, imagine on the v1.
By the way: The bad ESC are again fixed on the latest v3. The foil mod and fried wifi is pre-v3. More guinea pigs contributed to that. So yes they screwed up till the v3.
There is so much pressure to launch products that the testing phases are always done by the first customers.

I know.. saying this things about the P3 on a P3 forum I have to be a troll...right.
The first run of "v3" had the problems I described. Labeled and sold as v3. There is no disputing it. You lucked out on yours. My first "v3" was the first run w the problems and my second was the one with the corrections. Considering the number of p3's and inspires sold to date vs the number of v3's in circulation, you'd have to be a monkey to consider the p3 a first gen. If you want to compare risk tolerance then it's a different debate, but calling a p3 owner a guinea pig is idiotic. Both the frame and guts have been tested for at least a year.. And for that reason, yes, you're a troll.

That is so true. You and all P3 early buyers are just guinea pigs. They will work out the kinks eventually with your failed birds, tests and angry comments. But it will be hell for you. an expensive and frustrating hell.

I'll consider a P3 when the version 3.0 comes out. As I did on my P2V+ v3.0.

Smells like you just bought P2V+ v3.0 right before the Phantom 3 announcement. Anyhow, guinea pig or not, I am happy to fly with my perfectly working Phantom 3.

Both the frame and guts have been tested for at least a year..
Sorry, completely different guts. So completely different device. That is one more problem on the P3: one board for it all. your burn a mosfet, you need an entire board.
If you think this isn't first gen, why so many lemons? can you explain that to the OP?
And.. all the bigbrother notion that it limits you to fly CE or FCC depending on where you are, scares the crap of all we Europe users.

See how you like it if yours was DOA and the prospect at best is 6 to 8 weeks waiting for DJI to fix it.
This is the second time I have had a brand new DOA phantom. The first time took 7 weeks to get it back. So if it isn't such a big deal. I'll send you this one that I have and you send me yours. Then you can whine about it too.

If you think this isn't first gen, why so many lemons? can you explain that to the OP?
And.. all the bigbrother notion that it limits you to fly CE or FCC depending on where you are, scares the crap of all we Europe users.
Learn to read. His is thr first p3 lemon anyone has heard of, anywhere, and the CE/FCC "governor" has been debunked so many times I don't have the patience to compile the list of links for you. Move along, you've long since bored us.

Learn to read. His is thr first p3 lemon anyone has heard of, anywhere, and the CE/FCC "governor" has been debunked so many times I don't have the patience to compile the list of links for you. Move along, you've long since bored us.
So.. all the posts of the all problems people have with the P3 are fantasy?!
Do you want more proof that the P3 came out way before fully tested? They didn't have an app ready! lol

The P3P I received has many problems with the camera and gimbal.
Haven't gotten the first flight out it. It arrived DOA.

This isn't the first time I got a lemon from DJI and it really sucks.

After speaking to DJI they agree there are issues with it. So now unless my dealer (RC Superstore) is willing to help it will be at least six to eight weeks before I will fly a P3. They aren't even answering their phone today for some reason. So I guess I will be at the mercy of DJI AGAIN.

The firmware updated fine. Control to the Phantom is fine. The problem is that the camera and gimbal are totally dead. Upon power up the camera wobbles around and for a very brief period centers and then drops dead. The gimbal control wheel has no effect. Plus no video at all from it. How could something like that possibly get past inspection? Apparently others are having the same problem with their camera and gimbal because DJI seemed to be aware right away of the issue.

I guess I deserve what I got because I broke a golden rule; "Never buy an A model of anything".

I'm curious if others are having problems. If so, then maybe a class action lawsuit might be practical.
At least we could send a message to DJI that shipping defective products has consequences.

Two out three Phantoms I have bought have been lemons and is hard to swallow.

For now I will go fly my P2V+ and pretend it is my P3.

DOA is dealer's responsibility. As long as you've reported it DOA to your dealer immediately they should be taking care of you. These things happen in all technology, especially in units that are mass produced. Sorry to hear you were the unlucky one :(

Reactions: MSFlyer
My controller bricked after firmware updates 1.1.8 (followed DJI procedures). I reached out to my dealer, UAV direct, and they had me ship the entire unit back (bird and controller) and they are replacing it.

See how you like it if yours was DOA and the prospect at best is 6 to 8 weeks waiting for DJI to fix it.
This is the second time I have had a brand new DOA phantom. The first time took 7 weeks to get it back. So if it isn't such a big deal. I'll send you this one that I have and you send me yours. Then you can whine about it too.
That was not really directed to you, more like supporting the previous posts before that meme. The overall mood of these forums = lets whine. Also what are the odds that you get your 2nd DOA Phantom out of tens of thousands sent Phantoms. I call that super bad luck or maybe there's some worker in your end that gets to kick your Phantoms around before the delivery.

So.. all the posts of the all problems people have with the P3 are fantasy?!
Do you want more proof that the P3 came out way before fully tested? They didn't have an app ready! lol
All the posts? Yes, I'd like to see more proof other than a gimbal that's off by 3 degrees for some guys (and can be corrected in the app), and video feeds dropping for some guys. The whole app-gate thing had nothing to do w/ testing, already confirmed by multiple people. There are far more people with P3s that have no problems than there are with. Clearly these birds were fully tested, or everyone would be having problems. If your point is that pushing out hundreds of thousands of quads should be 100% without flaw, then you know nothing about manufacturing, electronics, testing, or statistics. In any case, enjoy your wait. I'll be out flying.

All the posts? Yes, I'd like to see more proof other than a gimbal that's off by 3 degrees for some guys (and can be corrected in the app), and video feeds dropping for some guys. The whole app-gate thing had nothing to do w/ testing, already confirmed by multiple people. There are far more people with P3s that have no problems than there are with. Clearly these birds were fully tested, or everyone would be having problems. If your point is that pushing out hundreds of thousands of quads should be 100% without flaw, then you know nothing about manufacturing, electronics, testing, or statistics. In any case, enjoy your wait. I'll be out flying.
So.. for you it's completely normal that it went on sale with no app available?

So.. for you it's completely normal that it went on sale with no app available?
Plenty of people, including myself, were flying on day 1. If the iOS app being delayed by a week is the strong point of your argument, then you failed. Now go back to the V+ forum, where, surprisingly, it seems you actually have something to contribute.

If the iOS app being delayed by a week is the strong point of your argument, then you failed.
I scratch my head with your comment.
If P3 came out and the app was still not ready, you see that as normal? How did the argument failed? THAT is the proof that this was a rushed launch with not enough testing.

Yep and if you had a 66% DOA failure rate on a product I bet you would be upset too.

You must be very unlucky or doing stuff wrong.. The current failure rate on the p3 is below 1%

I'm a P2V+ V3 owner who will one day upgrade to a P3 (or something similar from the competition) but there's no way on earth I'd have the balls to buy a V1.0 P3 based on my experiences of their product quality and their service level.

I'd like to thank all you early adopters, but I honestly think you have too much ££ / $$ hobby money :)

A

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl