How many others got a P3 Lemon?

I scratch my head with your comment.
If P3 came out and the app was still not ready, you see that as normal? How did the argument failed? THAT is the proof that this was a rushed launch with not enough testing.

No it's proof that Apple took a few extra days approving it. Goodness this generation is entitled. LOL. The FPV app that allows you to watch your drone in REAL TIME ON YOUR FREAKING PHONE took a FEW EXTRA DAYS to be approved for you to DOWNLOAD FOR FREE.

So.. for you it's completely normal that it went on sale with no app available?
I am not going to take sides here but I'll bet if DJI gave the choice of not selling the P3 until all apps were totally ready and more testing could be done..OR ..sell the P3 as it has been with some apps needing work...most would be glad to have the P3 first and wait for the rest. So, this is what you have and many are still complaining.

Reactions: Bigdz
wow.. is that for real?! 1 out of each 100 has failures?! Am I the only one scared with that number!?

I did say below... Better than most consumer grade electronics, including your cell phone.

Reactions: cmyk22
I am not going to take sides here but I'll bet if DJI gave the choice of not selling the P3 until all apps were totally ready and more testing could be done..OR ..sell the P3 as it has been with some apps needing work...most would be glad to have the P3 first and wait for the rest. So, this is what you have and many are still complaining.
That is my point exactly. P3 first buyers are not only paying to be guinea pigs, there are willing guinea pigs.

No it's proof that Apple took a few extra days approving it. Goodness this generation is entitled. LOL. The FPV app that allows you to watch your drone in REAL TIME ON YOUR FREAKING PHONE took a FEW EXTRA DAYS to be approved for you to DOWNLOAD FOR FREE.
FREE?! you deluded guinea pig...
Yes.. all is right the P3 and all the people reporting problems with it are all liars.
I understand that after you spend the many you have to stick to your belief. But trust me, the earth is still round, even if you don't believe it.

DOA is dealer's responsibility. As long as you've reported it DOA to your dealer immediately they should be taking care of you. These things happen in all technology, especially in units that are mass produced. Sorry to hear you were the unlucky one :(

Thanks for the positive comment, they are hard to come by lately. RC SuperStore is shipping a replacement P3P to me today. So you are absolutely correct that they are taking care of the problem (fingers crossed for the replacement being 100% working).

Reactions: macsoft
Yes.. all is right the P3 and all the people reporting problems with it are all liars.
I understand that after you spend the many you have to stick to your belief. But trust me, the earth is still round, even if you don't believe it.
You paid for your app?!?!? I guess I'm lucky, it was free for me.

<blink>

Coming from a P2, buying screens and soldering components to my board to get FPV - I am more than thrilled that not only can it work out of the box - but you get a free app with all sorts of goodies.

Let me make a first guinea pig report directly to you, here it goes.

I've been testing my P3P with several flights, several conditions, windy, calm, even got caught by a sudden rain, survived. I did fly the max altitude and the distance, returned home manually and with auto RTH. I even tested it in a tiny forest area surrounded by tall trees. RTH worked like a charm, it avoided the trees perfectly. I did fly over water, close to surface several times. I did fly over roofs and obstacles. Did some crazy maneuvers in the middle of the forest and flew right on top the trees for some spectacular footage. Controls do feel perfect and easy to adapt. All the flight modes work like a charm. Camera is very good, no bugs there. Calibrations (if done right) have fixed all the minor issues. Updated firmware twice, no new issues appeared.

I can honestly tell you, my P3P works 100% perfectly for now.

I will keep testing it for you and report later about all the missing stuff I did not yet try out.

ps. I am iOS user, did order early and got my Phantom and app in the same day so that makes me one lucky guinea pig.

Hopefully my little experience with this awesome machine will help you make your decision if you ever are thinking of getting one.

Let me make a first guinea pig report directly to you, here it goes.

I've been testing my P3P with several flights, several conditions, windy, calm, even got caught by a sudden rain, survived. I did fly the max altitude and the distance, returned home manually and with auto RTH. I even tested it in a tiny forest area surrounded by tall trees. RTH worked like a charm, it avoided the trees perfectly. I did fly over water, close to surface several times. I did fly over roofs and obstacles. Did some crazy maneuvers in the middle of the forest and flew right on top the trees for some spectacular footage. Controls do feel perfect and easy to adapt. All the flight modes work like a charm. Camera is very good, no bugs there. Calibrations (if done right) have fixed all the minor issues. Updated firmware twice, no new issues appeared.

I can honestly tell you, my P3P works 100% perfectly for now.

I will keep testing it for you and report later about all the missing stuff I did not yet try out.

ps. I am iOS user, did order early and got my Phantom and app in the same day so that makes me one lucky guinea pig.

Hopefully my little experience with this awesome machine will help you make your decision if you ever are thinking of getting one.
Hello Skyy, thank you for sharing. You input is important. And you are a lucky person.
But as you may know, one good result is not indicative of a good product.
This is about all the other people who are having troubles with their P3, troubles that should be dealt with in the testing phase at DJI.
And remember: if you do get some electronic problem with your P3, you have to change the entire board, because unlike previous models, you now have all the electronics in one board. :S So that is a big no-no for me.

You paid for your app?!?!? I guess I'm lucky, it was free for me.

<blink>

Coming from a P2, buying screens and soldering components to my board to get FPV - I am more than thrilled that not only can it work out of the box - but you get a free app with all sorts of goodies.
News flash: we ALL pay for the app. its included in the price of your bird.
and you go from 100 to zero in all-in-one-board stuff. all P2V+ have fpv right out of the box. But they still have individual electronic parts you can change if ruined. not the hole board.

Yes Mac, you can look at it that way. You can also look at waiting a few days for the EXTREMELY feature-rich app as proof that everything is rushed. You can do all of this and continue to be entitled and whiny.

Or you can look at and appreciate the unbelievable time that we live in and maybe breathe for a few seconds. Seriously, my hats off to the dealers (Advexure, etc) that have to put up with this mentality that everything needs to be perfect, immediately.

and you go from 100 to zero in all-in-one-board stuff. all P2V+ have fpv right out of the box. But they still have individual electronic parts you can change if ruined. not the hole board.

Central board has 12 months warranty so you are covered for a year (depending of course how you ruined the board).

Central board has 12 months warranty so you are covered for a year (depending of course how you ruined the board).
there is your catch!
all electronics in all phantoms have 1 year warranty. Problem is you proving to them that the board problem is not your fault.
AND..I do intend to have my phantom for more than 1 year. don't you?

there is your catch!
all electronics in all phantoms have 1 year warranty. Problem is you proving to them that the board problem is not your fault.
Yes of course, I do intend to have it for more than 1 year and I will. Question is why would I think it will break up? I still have my electric trains in working condition from the 70's. Only had to change couple of components in the mid 90's. Took me some soldering but that was no biggie.

Yes of course, I do intend to have it for more than 1 year and I will. Question is why would I think it will break up? I still have my electric trains in working condition from the 70's. Only had to change couple of components in the mid 90's. Took me some soldering but that was no biggie.
Well...there are main reasons for that.
- the "electronics" on your electric train from the 70's are a little simpler than the ones on the P3.
- your train does not defy gravity, and is not exposed to all the shaking of 4 rotating highspeed motors.

Well...there are main reasons for that.
- the "electronics" on your electric train from the 70's are a little simpler than the ones on the P3.
- your train does not defy gravity, and is not exposed to all the shaking of 4 rotating highspeed motors.
Very true, but well isn't it obvious then that Phantom 3 is not for you. So maybe it's time to move on?

there is your catch!

Dont open it, problem solved

Very true, but well isn't it obvious then that Phantom 3 is not for you. So maybe it's time to move on?
Well said...

So... in the "Phantom 3 Discussion" forum, its not really a discussion, its just for people who say good things about the P3?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl