Houston Fliers are ya out there??

htownphantom said:
FlyingFanta said:
Broke a prop guard on this one

https://vimeo.com/93873829

Your pretty **** good at flying that phantom around.I wish I would have got goggles instead of a monitor for fpv.Most of the time its too **** bright for me to see what the hell I'm doing,I'm betting the goggles give you much better fpv to allow you to fly yours around like you do if you have the skill to do it.I thought about just putting a black sheet over my head while im flying,that would be a sight for people to see lol
Hey whats that ******* doing walking around with that black sheet on his head :lol:

Heh, thanks. The goggles definitely work wonders. You feel like you're playing a video game. You know, that sheet over your head idea is terrific. Please do it and post a photo here!

FlyingFanta said:
htownphantom said:
FlyingFanta said:
Broke a prop guard on this one

https://vimeo.com/93873829

Your pretty **** good at flying that phantom around.I wish I would have got goggles instead of a monitor for fpv.Most of the time its too **** bright for me to see what the hell I'm doing,I'm betting the goggles give you much better fpv to allow you to fly yours around like you do if you have the skill to do it.I thought about just putting a black sheet over my head while im flying,that would be a sight for people to see lol
Hey whats that ******* doing walking around with that black sheet on his head :lol:

Heh, thanks. The goggles definitely work wonders. You feel like you're playing a video game. You know, that sheet over your head idea is terrific. Please do it and post a photo here!

Lol yeah right,if you want a photo your going to have to take it!

In Kingwood here - P2 with FPV gear.
Anyone in the area who wants to fly/meet somewhere interesting (or eat at Pappacitos), lemme know :D

John

TAZ427 said:
Hi all, was looking around for other Multi Rotor / Quad enthusiast and found this thread.

I'm building a Quad at the moment, well actually waiting on the frame - I had planned to 3D print my frame but was having problems getting the ARMs to print out w/o curling up on me. So I said screw it and ordered a Q450 frame (HK's copy of DJI's F450 frame) unfortunately it ships out of China and I ordered yesterday, so it probably won't be until next month when I have my quad up and running.

Will be using an HK KK2.1 Flight Control Board, Turnigy L2210C 1200KV motors, 10x4.5 props.

No FPV starting up, but plan on adding it later. Probably will mount my son's GoPro for some recording before I go full FPV.

Anyone on here also build their Quads or mostly just pre-builts?

Folks in this forum typically use pre-builts. There's a growing FPV group over at FPVlabs in Houston that are typically the opposite. There's some mixing of people in town at the occasional (but increasingly more regular) meet ups.

Annnnnd.... my Phantom is sleeping with the fishes in Brays Bayou.

It crashed and sunk in the Brays Bayou today near the medical center near the walking suspension bridge. If you guys have a really long pool skimmer and want to help me find it, give me a shout! Help Obi-wan, you're my only hope!

Here is some additional info:
http://imgur.com/a/hs9Tc

If3mDLM.jpg

iBIhPcg.jpg

**** that sucks!!!
What happened? Mechanical failure or did you hit something? My guess is you were trying to fly through the bridge and hit one of the cables?

htownphantom said:
**** that sucks!!!
What happened? Mechanical failure or did you hit something? My guess is you were trying to fly through the bridge and hit one of the cables?

Sucks but yeah but I'm moving on! If you're not crashing / losing your quad, you're not pushing it hard enough! ;)

I was going fast and diving from GPS mode and tried to switch into attitude mode but accidentally flipped it to manual mode. ...SPLASH. I thought of just walk over and fish it out but it was gone.

$250 for anyone who finds it and the attached gopro!

FlyingFanta said:
htownphantom said:
**** that sucks!!!

Sucks but yeah but I'm moving on! If you're not crashing / losing your quad, you're not pushing it hard enough! ;)

I was going fast and diving from GPS mode and tried to switch into attitude mode but accidentally flipped it to manual mode. ...SPLASH. I thought of just walk over and fish it out but it was gone.

Was the gopro in the watertight case?

htownphantom said:
FlyingFanta said:
htownphantom said:
**** that sucks!!!

Was the gopro in the watertight case?

Very much so.

andresjohn said:
Have you found it yet? Im kinda bored right now... thinking bout going exploring...

Unfortunately I have not found it. $250 goes to anyone that finds it and the gopro.

gregtx said:
Add another to the list!! I've been flying the 350 qx for 6-7 months and recently purchase a phantom 2 with Gimbal and FPV. I am in the woodlands area. I would like to fly with y'all.

Greg I am in Magnolia and have a important question. So I have a huge car show I am putting on tomorrow so in preparation for it I decided to update my Phantom 2 w/ Zenmuse Gimbal. I updated and recalibrated everything and now cannot start motors or control gimbal. I have Windows operating system and am using RC System Assistant 1.1 and Phantom 2 assistant 3.0. any help to get this thing running would be great its very important I can film tomorrow...

Rizzo Media Factory said:
I will be a P2V+ owner as of tomorrow when UPS delivers it to me!

What's it been like in your last month of flying?

Since my last post of my lost Phantom 1.1.1, I've managed to put together this one of the new QAV250 Carbon Fiber edition quads. It's much harder to fly but at least I have something to fly now.

Remember, if you guys see a waterlogged Phantom or GoPro for sale somewhere, it might have been my lost little ship! Anyway, if you guys ever want to have a meet up, let's do it.

[vimeo]102482977[/vimeo]

FlyingFanta said:
Rizzo Media Factory said:
I will be a P2V+ owner as of tomorrow when UPS delivers it to me!

What's it been like in your last month of flying?

Since my last post of my lost Phantom 1.1.1, I've managed to put together this one of the new QAV250 Carbon Fiber edition quads. It's much harder to fly but at least I have something to fly now.

Remember, if you guys see a waterlogged Phantom or GoPro for sale somewhere, it might have been my lost little ship! Anyway, if you guys ever want to have a meet up, let's do it.

[vimeo]102482977[/vimeo]

from the sound of those motors sounds like that thing could really haul ***

FlyingFanta said:
Annnnnd.... my Phantom is sleeping with the fishes in Brays Bayou.

It crashed and sunk in the Brays Bayou today near the medical center near the walking suspension bridge. If you guys have a really long pool skimmer and want to help me find it, give me a shout! Help Obi-wan, you're my only hope!

That sucks! I live right next to Braes Bayou, AND I have a pool skimmer, although I fear it's long gone with all the rain we've had since then. What you need is a drone submarine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl