Houston Fliers are ya out there??

Hi guys, my name is Brian and I am in the Woodlands/Spring/Conroe area. I just bought a Phantom 4 Pro as my first drone and I am trying to make my first flight as soon as I can but keep getting sidetracked. Where is a good place to fly around here and how are you getting permission to fly from the hospital helopads? No one answers. Thanks and hope to pick your brains a bit..

Hi guys, my name is Brian and I am in the Woodlands/Spring/Conroe area. I just bought a Phantom 4 Pro as my first drone and I am trying to make my first flight as soon as I can but keep getting sidetracked. Where is a good place to fly around here and how are you getting permission to fly from the hospital helopads? No one answers. Thanks and hope to pick your brains a bit..

Brian, I live in the Oak Forest/Garden Oaks area and I fly TC Jester park and Watonga park regularly. There are heliports around here as well but I just fly smart. Stay aware of your altitude and surroundings and you should be fine. I have kept my altitude below 300 feet AGL and only fly in my line of sight and have had no issues. I have even had HPD officers stop and check out my bird. They love it.

Reactions: bking04
I work around the corner from there (well a few corners) and seen where you're talking about. It is a nice big area. Maybe will try that at lunchtime or the weekend.

Reactions: driftfish20
Brian, just shoot me a message and we can hook up on a weekend! I have a P3S, but it is a lot of fun!:D

How's it going everyone my name is john I have a p3p I live in Texas city but don't mind a little drive to fly with other pilots

Reactions: bking04
How's it going everyone my name is john I have a p3p I live in Texas city but don't mind a little drive to fly with other pilots
Hi jayclem. Welcome to the group. I am a newbie myself and live in the Woodland/Spring area. Hope to fly with you one day.. brian

Anyone flying today? Fixing to head somewhere myself. If anyone wants to meet up today post up! I'm in northwest Houston.

Howdy Fellas!

I'm Jawad and I'm in the Washington Corridor. Just got a Phantom 4 and have been having a blast with it. Several hours of flying over the past few weeks have been great. Keeping a watchful eye and having situational awareness has kept me out of trouble with all the heliports everywhere.

Once question for any on the forum, while talking about heliports, is has anyone had any issues with drones at Hermann Park? My brother's engagement party is going to be there in a few weeks and he asked someone there about having one at low altitude photographing it and he was told they were prohibited at Hermann Park because of the Life Flight Helicopters. Any word about that? Clearly there are videos out there and there are no "No Fly Zones" in the area, so I'm not 100% sure.

Anyhow...Hello!!

Howdy Fellas!

I'm Jawad and I'm in the Washington Corridor. Just got a Phantom 4 and have been having a blast with it. Several hours of flying over the past few weeks have been great. Keeping a watchful eye and having situational awareness has kept me out of trouble with all the heliports everywhere.

Once question for any on the forum, while talking about heliports, is has anyone had any issues with drones at Hermann Park? My brother's engagement party is going to be there in a few weeks and he asked someone there about having one at low altitude photographing it and he was told they were prohibited at Hermann Park because of the Life Flight Helicopters. Any word about that? Clearly there are videos out there and there are no "No Fly Zones" in the area, so I'm not 100% sure.

Anyhow...Hello!!

Hi Jawad,

I've flown my Phantom 3 there and didn't get hassled about it and I've seen others flying there too. I think you just need to be careful how high you go and keep an eye out for other air traffic. To be fair, I flew there when I first moved into the neighborhood in January when there wasn't much going on. Might be a bit different now that the weather is nicer and tons of people are around at the park. As for No Fly Zones, I really don't know. One site I found had Hermann Park as good to go, another said no. I guess ask a cop, there's always tons over there these days.

Hi Jawad,

I've flown my Phantom 3 there and didn't get hassled about it and I've seen others flying there too. I think you just need to be careful how high you go and keep an eye out for other air traffic. To be fair, I flew there when I first moved into the neighborhood in January when there wasn't much going on. Might be a bit different now that the weather is nicer and tons of people are around at the park. As for No Fly Zones, I really don't know. One site I found had Hermann Park as good to go, another said no. I guess ask a cop, there's always tons over there these days.
Yeah I figured as much. Going over the FAA rules with a fine comb gives no indication it would be restricted unless the park specifically said no or Life Flight determined it was an excessive amount of danger added. So far, nothing on any public site I've seen that says no. I'll try calling Life Flight tomorrow and checking with them.

Hi guys, I don't know how I missed this before. I'm in Katy and have been looking for other enthusiasts to fly with. Anyone up for a quick meet & greet/fly this weekend?

Too soon? May be one of those upcoming evenings or weekends. I can start a signup.

Add another to the list!! I've been flying the 350 qx for 6-7 months and recently purchase a phantom 2 with Gimbal and FPV. I am in the woodlands area. I would like to fly with y'all.
I'm in Spring...just down the road from you.

I'd be happy to meet and fly. It seems there are several of us within driving range of each other. Let's pick a weekend and a place to fly?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj