Help with firmware change to earlier ver.

Reaction score
The app when first turned on said current firmware. So I though everything was fine. After I re calibrated the compass it said firmware update needed. So I formatted the card that came with the P3 downloaded 1.6.40 from the DJI site, unzipped it into the root dir., installed the memory card into the camera slot, turned it on, and for one hour listened to it say D...DD..... It did not stop beeping like that. So, I turned it off, installed the mem card into my computer and found the text file and it said success like I've read. I assumed everything was ok.

Took the P3 to a field and flew it very close in and landed it several times, everything seemed ok but it vibrated too much in hover. I found somewhere on you tube when this happens you are supposed to re install the earlier version firmware then immediately re-install the 1.6.40

The only versions I find on the DJI site preceding 1.6.40 is 1.5.0030 and 1.3.20. I first tried 1.5.0030 not through the app but the same way I updated it the first time and nothing happened. I then tried 1.3.20 and same thing nothing happens.

I know, the instructions say that the P3 Professional firmware can only be updated using the Go App. Here is my problem. I'm stuck with don't know how to do it. The instructions are for you smart guys, smarter than me.

Somebody please give me step by step instructions how to go backwards with the firm ware, to what version, and if necessary, go forwards the what version? The latest I presume.

Sorry to be so stupid, please any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, Here is what I have.\

The P3 professional (executive kit bought from Drone World received it on Feb, 11. and am using a new Samsung Tab A 8".

Major Tom

Hi tom, I am also wondering how to downgrade firmware because of my major vibrations. I am flying a standard. When did your vibrations start? Are you flying in cold weather? What i have been discovering is that a majority of people with vibrations are flying in cold weather. Have you tried tinkering with your vertical gains? Some people say that could fix the issue

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl