HELP! PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED APPEARS AS PROFESSIONAL IN APP

Reaction score
This is quite a serious issue for me. I have updated my firmware to the latest version for the P3 Advanced yet it still shows Professional when I connect.

Screenshot showing my P3 Advanced
Screenshot_2015-12-02-09-56-19.png
For this reason, I have been unable to fly my drone. It flies perfectly fine but can't take videos as its all dark and won't even lock on to gps. By a stroke of luck it showed advanced when I first upgraded the firmware recently and all worked well but next day it went back to the previous issue. Note that this issue had started before I upgraded and I was only waiting for the new update. Now that I have upgraded and it's still in same state, I am confused because I have lost some work because of it. I had four successful flights in my country before this started! Please help.

I have tried everything. Upgraded firmwares, deleted and reinstalled apps, used ios and apks. Used older version apps, etc. I have tried almost virtually everything.

Do you still have the TXT file in the root of your memory card? If so, please post the contents here.

I do have the text file for the last upgrade and will send it in here asap. My Laptop is down now since I saved it there. Before the day runs out I will put it on here. Thanks. I will be most grateful to have this fixed.

does you gimbal has a fan on top of it?
it is possible that you actually have a 4k camera installed, which would cause the app to display Pro vs. Advanced.
the only difference between P3A and P3P is the gimbal. everything else is identical. well besides the silver and gold stickers :)

it is possible that you actually have a 4k camera installed, which would cause the app to display Pro vs. Advanced
Wouldn't the app only think you have a Pro if you installed the Pro firmware?

no, if you put gimbal from advanced on a P3P bird the app will think it is P3A bird and vice versa. gimbal is the only difference.
that's why some people that have P3A bird just upgrade the gimbal and voila now you have a P3P bird.

no, if you put gimbal from advanced on a P3P bird the app will think it is P3A bird and vice versa
Interesting. Have you ever tried swapping the camera without installing the proper firmware?

Have you ever tried installing P3P firmware on a P3A (with a P3A camera) to see if the same occurred? (I was wondering if that's what the OP did.)

no i did not. why would i want to do that? :)
and yes i am thinking the same thing. he probably did exactly that.

well yeah, but installing P3P FW on P3A gimbal is just asking for trouble. ;)

No I don't have a second Camera to swap it with. But I actually put the P3 Advanced firmware not the Professional. And there is no fan ok my gimbal. I even took out the holders and connectors then reconnected the gimbal, same issue occured. This is so frustrating as it is limiting my shoot. Like I said it's all upgraded.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-13-12-08-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-13-12-08-10.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 551
At that screen, I can click the bird type to choose any of them.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Where it says Phantom 3 Professional, I have a blue tick mark next to it. I choose my model after touching the model name.

Where it says Phantom 3 Professional, I have a blue tick mark next to it. I choose my model after touching the model name.

Another one for the snerd:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing