HELP! PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED APPEARS AS PROFESSIONAL IN APP

i tried re updating it but after 5 min the dd dd dd sound goes dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd like a straight buzzzz and i waited 20 min still buzzzing and no change. turn it off, check logs... it says update error on log.

i forgot to mention that i was able to fly the ac for few min after the update then i turned it off and changed the battery and after turning it on again it shows professional on the app and no signal.

i forgot to mention that i was able to fly the ac for few min after the update then i turned it off and changed the battery and after turning it on again it shows professional on the app and no signal.
First thing to try ... pull the SD card out of the gimbal and see if that fixes things.
If it does, the problem was the SD card. Formatting might fix it, otherwise get a new one.

The main difference between the Advanced and Professional is the camera/gimbal assembly. My hunch is that a possibility for this error could be that a hard landing or a physical shock to the aircraft has loosened or damaged a connection between the gimbal and aircraft or within the gimbal. Any thoughts on this?

It is taken care of. I took it to an expert company with DJI and they ran diagnosis then told me the Gimbal had issues during upgrade hence it was a gimbal failure. For this reason, I had to change the Gimbal from the Advanced to professional so now I am using a Professional and it is working perfectly for me so far.

I had the same problem and tried pretty much everything listed. I was able to fix the problem by reseating the cables on the gimbal.

Reactions: Ricotek14
Hello the same problem half fixed. my drone DJI Phantom 3 Advanced... My problem:, No video signal, Gimbal wabeling, imposible to update the drone, when iserting the usb cable in to the drone the SD card apears and desepears after 5 seconds, I had no image, gimbal only working when i start the drone, after i set the litle pin inside the gimbal from a youtube turorial the camera was stable but no video signal.
After trying to reconent gimbal connection whith no change, i put on the card version 1.1.8, i put it in the gimbal...no doungrade, i push the rc button in back of the drone and after i restart the drone i had video and ghimbal working, but is imposible to record video or take picture, is imposible to format the sd card from remote. Until this half fix my drone apearead on dji go as DJI Phantom 3 Profesional...but i have Advanced. i do not realy know what i realy did but i have hope that this problem is only software. If there is a way to update frimware through the usb connection on the drone i think all this problems will be more easy to fix...now i get camera error 1, please contact DJI, i have image but imposible to record. Before this fix i had no info in battery section, now is ok

Gimbal fix
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After alignment you need to put some super glue, because this is a construction problem, and if you do non glue this litle shaft the problem will come back

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic