Hard to view tablet even with hood P3

I've got the iPad Air 2, and it's a biotch to see it on a bright day. I think I'm going the Hoodivision route plus the Supershieldz anti-glare film. Have to do something, it's really bad.

go into SETTINGS -> DISPLAY AND BRIGHTNESS and slide that all the way up.

I don't even have a hood on my iPad Air 2 and I can see it fine with slider all the way.

Other than that, make sure your sunglasses are NOT polarized.

go into SETTINGS -> DISPLAY AND BRIGHTNESS and slide that all the way up.

I don't even have a hood on my iPad Air 2 and I can see it fine with slider all the way.

Other than that, make sure your sunglasses are NOT polarized.
No sunglasses, brightness all the way up, no auto. You must have very good eyes............ I can "barely" see anything! Are you in the sun?

I used to have eagle eyes when I was younger....now? At 50? Not so much! That's why I had to buy this iPad Air 2 just for my Phantom...:D couldn't see my iPhone o_O too small. :mad: ...and yeah, California gets pretty sunny, but I cant make out the screen with my polarized sunglasses on though. :cool: and havn't made my felt covered folding visor yet. :)

Glad it's working for you. I hit 60 in a few months. Sunny day, partly cloudy day, even cloudy days it's very hard to see it very well. Not at all with sunglasses! I'm going to try this solution first, this week. Just ordered the Hoodivision and the SuperShieldz. Should be here in 3-5 days.Will report on how well it worked, if at all.

Reactions: Motorotor
Hey guys,

So I own a P3P with a ipad mini 3 with a 10' hood. I flew this the bird aka p3 a few times and the last two times I notice it was extremely difficult to see the screen even with a full size hood. I went into the ipad and tweaked everything needed to make the screen as clear as possible, then I flew the bird at the beach on a cloudy day, and it was so difficult to see the screen even when I was facing away from any bright light and huddled into a ball, that still didn't work I ended up having to take my sweater and covering my head like a creeper just to get a 'ok" viewing. :eek:

Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone tell me if there is a different option, or something I can do to fix this, this is really bad, I mean its kind of a big issue. Any suggestions or should I just eventually invest in goggles again? In california its illegal to wear goggles while flying so that is already an issue.

I have the same problem. Sure would like to find a fix.

Hey guys,

So I own a P3P with a ipad mini 3 with a 10' hood. I flew this the bird aka p3 a few times and the last two times I notice it was extremely difficult to see the screen even with a full size hood. I went into the ipad and tweaked everything needed to make the screen as clear as possible, then I flew the bird at the beach on a cloudy day, and it was so difficult to see the screen even when I was facing away from any bright light and huddled into a ball, that still didn't work I ended up having to take my sweater and covering my head like a creeper just to get a 'ok" viewing. :eek:

Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone tell me if there is a different option, or something I can do to fix this, this is really bad, I mean its kind of a big issue. Any suggestions or should I just eventually invest in goggles again? In california its illegal to wear goggles while flying so that is already an issue.

I totally agree!! It's to the point where I'm afraid to fly using visual sight, Example: Bright sunny day, you look to the sky to see your P3, then your eyes dilate super small, now you look at your tablet or phone and you can't see anything because your eyes are trying to open the pupils , plus the tablet or phone is super washed out. I'm really frustrated by it! I get it man!

Last edited:
I have now cut 1/2 circles were I look through to cut down on light from the side of my head
10866183_10206002630937450_8338701467649619526_o.jpg

I could see where that might work, BUT, how easy is it to use the touch screen while flying?

Is that shade only 3 sides?
No it has 5 sides the i-pad slides in the left side through a 1/8 inch wide cut. I have added a flap on the right for my finger to fit for video and the cord. I have also rounded the viewing hole to fit my face in so no light comes in at all 100% dark. It works great still want to get the HDMI when it comes out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl