Hard to view tablet even with hood P3

I have now cut 1/2 circles were I look through to cut down on light from the side of my head
10866183_10206002630937450_8338701467649619526_o.jpg
Ah ok I see. Wow that is really extreme.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
I set the exposure to plus 1.5 so that it lightens up the ipad, and it's easier to see.
I was messing around with that the other day I will have to check that spec again maybe it will help.

same problem here with the mini. I am sending it back to apple and have an air 2 coming. hopefully it's better.
I bought my ipad from a third party. I dont think apple will honor a trade in:p

I'm going to take my golf umbrella next time when the sun comes out in San Diego. I made a shield yesterday deep and did nothing. If it works I will make a strap to hold it to my back.

Reactions: EnronCEO
I'm going to take my golf umbrella next time when the sun comes out in San Diego. I made a shield yesterday deep and did nothing. If it works I will make a strap to hold it to my back.

F--k I might as well get one of these. LOL

images

I'm giving this a try. I like flying while seated with a cold drink nearby.
image.jpg

Reactions: ctp
Actually this isnt a bad idea there is different sizes and if you don't mind looking silly. lol

41i2vQgkHbL._SY300_.jpg

I don't sit usually with my P3P because I want to be ready just incase I have to run after it, if something sudden happens near me. But I will sit it out for my 250mm blackout edition quad racer. :) I go all FPV goggle concentration mode with that puppy.

Reactions: scottbra9
I was thinking of the following
Take out the lenses of some very strong reading glasses (+5 will give a focal distance of around 20cm.The size of my sunshade)) and mount them in a piece of cardboard and put this on the frontside of your sunshade/hood. (Mutuscope idea)
In this way you will block out all/most of the ambient light.

If you don't need them anymore fold it back over the top of the hood so is does not take extra space.

I have not tried this yet in practice but this trick should work.
Well in fact I did put on double reading glasses +3 and +2 (Wallmart type) and the focal distance was right and I had a good and sharp view on my mini I-Pad.
Side-effect: you mini becomes a maxi I-Pad:)

Last edited:
I use a anti-glare screen as well as a sun shade, turn the iPad brightness all the way up (take off auto) and try to fly from under a tree, seems to work pretty good, at least I don't have to much trouble seeing the live view or map view. I am going to get some Doninator HD's when the HDMI board is available, it's not legal in Calif but between flying in the boonies and on private land (mine), and never going over 250' much 400' I doubt I will have a problem, and if I do I will try the good ol' boy card (retired LEO) first, if that doesn't work I will just pay the fine.

Reactions: EnronCEO
I do the same thing I do when I use my large format film camera. I put towel over my head and my Nvidia shield but not the antenna. Also turn up the exposure on the camera.

I use a anti-glare screen as well as a sun shade, turn the iPad brightness all the way up (take off auto) and try to fly from under a tree, seems to work pretty good, at least I don't have to much trouble seeing the live view or map view. I am going to get some Doninator HD's when the HDMI board is available, it's not legal in Calif but between flying in the boonies and on private land (mine), and never going over 250' much 400' I doubt I will have a problem, and if I do I will try the good ol' boy card (retired LEO) first, if that doesn't work I will just pay the fine.

Good thing its not that bad as far as getting in "trouble" is concerned out here in California. I just honestly think California just makes a lot of money off of giving people fines and tickets. But for the most part I haven't had too much trouble if any with flying my drone in public and populated areas.

it's not just the glare it's the brightness of these devices, my iPad Mini 2 doesn't go bright enough as is the same with all other smart phones and tablets when used outside.
same thing happens with my iPhone 6+, using it normally outside i have to turn the brightness up all the way and even then it's not clear and this isn't due to the glare

the only way to get around this is to use goggles, i am looking at the "Headplay" goggles when they come out and we get an HDMI board for the P3

the only other thing I could think of is build some kind of shade cloth to go in-between the antenna's and the iPad then over my head and down the sides to
make it darker in general, would look funny but hey so will goggles

Good thing its not that bad as far as getting in "trouble" is concerned out here in California. I just honestly think California just makes a lot of money off of giving people fines and tickets. But for the most part I haven't had too much trouble if any with flying my drone in public and populated areas.
In Calif if they can't Tax it they apply a fine to it, it's all about paying for the Nanny state mentality the liberals have out here. For the most part I don't mind to much because as you stated they don't enforce or hassle anyone too much. I wouldn't fly with goggles in a public area but with no one around that's another matter. I know some of you will have issue with the "It's only a law if someone is looking" stance on this but flying with goggle is safer in my opinion, and if popped for it will pay the fine with a smile, no bitching.

With my note 4 the main problem is when its cloudy not when its sunny. Under the sun note 4 push up brightness to an extended level and screen is visible but when cloudy is really hard to see the screen...

it's not just the glare it's the brightness of these devices, my iPad Mini 2 doesn't go bright enough as is the same with all other smart phones and tablets when used outside.
same thing happens with my iPhone 6+, using it normally outside i have to turn the brightness up all the way and even then it's not clear and this isn't due to the glare

the only way to get around this is to use goggles, i am looking at the "Headplay" goggles when they come out and we get an HDMI board for the P3

the only other thing I could think of is build some kind of shade cloth to go in-between the antenna's and the iPad then over my head and down the sides to
make it darker in general, would look funny but hey so will goggles
Set the exposure to plus 1.5 on the app and lock it.

Look into getting an anti-glare screen protector for your ipad. I use an anti-glare with my hoodivision and it's very usable. The hoodivision isn't a 90 degree shade it sits at 70 degrees so that the screen reflects the black inside of the hood and not your face.

+1 Hoodivision

I've got the iPad Air 2, and it's a biotch to see it on a bright day. I think I'm going the Hoodivision route plus the Supershieldz anti-glare film. Have to do something, it's really bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers