GIVEAWAY: Phantom 4 (winner = lalvar40)

Excellent first step for any new business! Holding a focus group in order to evaluate the demand for different level services you may want to offer in a new business is something i have done successfully in my own business as well. My background is in Training and Education. I own the largest medical education company in the United States, Empire Medical Training .We teach physicians different techniques and procedures for their office, so i am experienced in providing education to large groups. The teachings are different but the concept is the same. I have also participated in many advanced business training programs during my training in Grad school as well as post grad training with Anthony Robbins and Jay Abraham. I can share some of that with you. First of all, its best to offer multiple products in order to accommodate the most amount of customers. Offer a simple online training program that is in in-expensive and available to all individuals. Conversely, offer a private training program where either you or your rep will travel to the customers location and provide onsite training. This is exactly what we do. (we call it preceptorship training). The customer will tell you exactly what they want. Make sure you let the customer know they will be receiving detailed manuals and training materials they can use for reference. Customers love books and actual materials they can hold as compared to electronic downloads which everyone can do . For that training , you can charge upwards of $5,000 per day and there are plenty of individuals who see the need for this service. The point is to offer the most in-expensive product, coupled with a mid range and expensive training option as well. You can also provide An online video course with instruction on the basics from A to Z on how to fly a drone, how to maintain and repair simple problems that occur daily, how to make quality videos, how to comply with local state and federal regs, techniques for flying, how to make videos when you are on vacation including transporting the drone, understanding local laws while your travel, and much more. The topics themselves are not that difficult. Also, i should mention and you may know this, more important then the actual topics is the marketing that you will be doing and the ease with which your customer can get this information, specifically i am referring to training options. Once you train a few people, you will start to learn quit easily what additional topics you may want to add based on demand from your clients., For the advanced photographer, you can offer more advanced techniques using a video on these techniques. There are so many topics but what is most important is to b able to offer a variety of training options that will appeal to the mass of individuals and customers out there. Providing one specific video or training option, like what you see suggested in these posts, may or may not be the right topics but more importantly you are only targeting a smaller number of potential customers. You want to be able to focus on and market to the millions of individuals who have an interest in Drones, Photography, Hobby, Professional , and much more so creating on one method of training will limit your exposure to this vast audience. Its important to be able to target the largest group of individuals and attract as many customers as you can with a variety of training options. Naturally a top notch website with video testimonials and sample training options is key to success as well. Your customers need to know this is not just a quick idea you threw together and you have to separate yourself from others offering this trainaing, what makes you different? What is your USP? Unique Selling Point. Some examples of USPs can be the best quality, the cheapest, the easiest to access, the best refund policy, etc, etc. You can also distinguish yourself by offering a "university style curriculum" which means that the topics are not limited to only one or two but you offer training that will help individuals in a lot of different areas. Also, let customers know that you are committed to providing this service on an ongoing basis and that your curriculum will constantly be updated wit new information as laws and technologies change, and , as members continue to ask for new topics they are interested in learning. By the way, having a 100% money back guarantee eliminates the risk for your potential client during their initial decision process and will help you sell much more than you would have before! (Much of these statements and ideas are not my own original ideas or concepts but rather methods i have learned from experts in business for which i have implemented successfully in my own business) Hope this has helped! Stephen Cosentino

I struggle with making camera adjustments when in the air and usually use the wheel on the back right hand side of my remote control to adjust my settings.

I would welcome training that showed how to adjust the camera settings quickly so as not to waste valuable battery life. The photography terms should be explained in a "Photography For Dummies" format so that everyone is able to u dears tank not only the concept but the steps needed to get that perfect still or video.

Thank You!

I'm giving away a brand new Phantom 4 to one lucky Phantom Pilots member!

View attachment 45630

Interested? Here's what you need to do:
  • I'm putting together a Phantom training program (for the Phantom 3 & 4) and am interested in hearing what you would like to see included in that program. You could tell me what you would like to learn, how you would like it to be presented, etc. I'm basically just looking for suggestions related to what you would expect/want to see. There are no wrong answers :)

• Only your first post will be considered. Feel free to edit your first post if you would like to add any thoughts to it.

• DJI starts shipping the Phantom 4 on March 15th. I ordered this Phantom shortly after they started selling them this afternoon, so I expect that my order will be shipped within the first week they start shipping. This giveaway will run until the day I receive this Phantom on my doorstep.

• I will personally pick the winner by choosing my favorite comment in this thread.

• The Phantom will be shipped to the winner the following business day after I receive it (I'll cover the shipping cost).

Thank you to everyone who has supported me by purchasing products at PhantomHelp.com. Your support has allowed me to spend time helping members here, put together a list of the best Phantom tips & products, develop free 3D printed products (like the CSC Safety & Phantom 3 battery covers), create a free DJI GO & Litchi flight log viewer, hold giveaways (like this one), and beyond!

If you like the work I'm doing and would like to continue to support me, please consider purchasing your Amazon/eBay/DJI Phantom products from PhantomHelp.com. Each purchase you make earns me a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you again for helping me do what I enjoy :)

Any tips on Orientation would certainly help people like myself who have gotten close to an object
then selected wrong move and "BUMP" I lost my first P3ADV by crashing from roof height!!
Sold it for spares and Bought another same day. Expensive mistake to make

Above all else, a training session for UAV's should be fun.
The most asked questions about it seem to revolve around the legality of the hobby and how to achieve the best results from media created with a camera drone.
I think it is also important to focus on safety. When and Where to fly. How to be a good drone ambassador. How to maintain good control of a quad and keep track of its orientation. A lot of people who buy a phantom have no experience with a quadcopter and no experience with digital photography.
I think it should also have a focus on composition. How to frame a shot. What do the settings for the camera do? When is it appropriate to use what setting? How can you improve the visual quality of video and photos?
Hands on experience is also a must.
I have several toy quads I use to teach people about the control style of most quads. Give them something cheap and low risk to practice on before letting them loose on a bigger bird.
I have trained a few people to fly and I try to inject as much humor as possible into a lesson. One thing I like to say to a beginner is never go full stick at first. Just like the line in Tropic Thunder "Never go full ******. " Of course you may not want to use that line for everyone. The point is when you're in control of something that could cause personal injury or property damage, panic is not allowed.
I have thought about teaching an introductory course for aerial photography. My girlfriend is a college professor who could help me with lesson planning. One thing I know I'll do is to buy a cheap quad for every student and give it to them at the end of the lesson. Something like a Syma X__. If they can safely fly one of those, they'll have a much easier time operating something like a phantom. It also adds value far beyond the cost of a cheap toy quad.
Post production is also something to discuss, but it seems like too many people have already said that here. There are also so many options available, that it will be difficult to find a universal way to explain that. Personally, I would make that a second lesson possibility separately from an introductory course.
I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. If you need any guidance in lesson planning or instruction in general, I will do my best to help. Okay, I'll ask my professor girlfriend.

Hello msinger -

Good of you to take this on. If it prevents a single crash it will be worth it!

Assuming you will be utilizing this (phantompilots.com) format and that the instruction manual remains as brief as the one I received with my Phantom 2, a breakdown of several potential categories might include:
  • Congratulations on purchase.
  • Safety and FAA regulations
  • Unboxing - List all components in the box.
  • Assembly - Special attention to things like gimbal attachment, wiring, etc. Even focusing on propeller attachment is apparently warranted... there are accounts of props flying off.
  • Model explanation detailing all parts and functions of each.
  • Transmitter explanation detailing all controls and functions of each.
  • DETAILED explanation of LED codes.
  • Actual flying techniques - This would be a long one with several sub-categories to include calibration, autonomous functions, RTH, etc, etc.
  • Camera use and Photography/Videography techniques - It seems as if some very basic photography principles have been forgotten. Things like shooting with the sun behind you, close ups, flight manipulation while recording, etc. Editing and 'clip rates' between scenes could fill another category but might also be addressed here as a sub-category(?)
  • Care and maintenance
  • Troubleshooting
  • Resources (including this one!)
That's about it for now. You have chosen a pretty large bone to chew! Obviously this list of categories and sub-categories could be further dissected and added to. I would skip things like shell decorations, after market props, longer range modifications, and those sorts of things. The internet is loaded with those sorts of things already. I don't know of anybody who isn't aware of Youtube. Longer range? Are you kidding me?! HAHA

I'm putting together a Phantom training program (for the Phantom 3 & 4) and am interested in hearing what you would like to see included in that program. You could tell me what you would like to learn, how you would like it to be presented, etc. I'm basically just looking for suggestions related to what you would expect/want to see.

OK< I'll bite....

I would like to see you rewrite the P4 manual with common sense info, based on your many years of flying experience.

Simple.

View attachment 45630

• I'm putting together a Phantom training program (for the Phantom 3 & 4) and am interested in hearing what you would like to see included in that program. You could tell me what you would like to learn, how you would like it to be presented, etc. I'm basically just looking for suggestions related to what you would expect/want to see. There are no wrong answers :)

• Only your first post will be considered. Feel free to edit your first post if you would like to add any thoughts to it.

• DJI starts shipping the Phantom 4 on March 15th. I ordered this Phantom shortly after they started selling them this afternoon, so I expect that my order will be shipped within the first week they start shipping. This giveaway will run until the day I receive this Phantom on my doorstep.

• I will personally pick the winner by choosing my favorite comment in this thread.

• The Phantom will be shipped to the winner the following business day after I receive it (I'll cover the shipping cost).

Thank you to everyone who has supported me by purchasing products at PhantomHelp.com. Your support has allowed me to spend time helping members here, put together a list of the best Phantom tips & products, develop free 3D printed products (like the CSC Safety & Phantom 3 battery covers), create a free DJI GO & Litchi flight log viewer, hold giveaways (like this one), and beyond!

If you like the work I'm doing and would like to continue to support me, please consider purchasing your Amazon/eBay/DJI Phantom products from PhantomHelp.com. Each purchase you make earns me a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you again for helping me do what I enjoy :)

Excellent Idea, if I'm chosen or not, importance if you consider the following , since I am good example of majority of RC multirotor enthusiasts , we are neither beginners nor experts. IF you could develop a program in modules:
1) Beginner module; First time owners, what should you know to begin flying safely. Provide if possible short video on basics. Beginners learn by visual cues, I know I was there.
2) Intermeditate Module: Largest section because of the continuous updgrades, options to P3 and now P4, Include best ways to use camera for non professional family video/photography. Learning to add HDMI for FPV, adding filters and other accessories, Learning to begin using advanced features of P3, getting into manual flight modes and learning to not depend on GPS
3) Expert: Advanced Multirotor training, FPV, now with P4 safely flying at 45Mph, Mission planning, Advanced professional video /photography, for filmmakers, how to, nigth filming and so on.
There are many great opporuntiies to discuss in each. Module, making it easy for people to identify who they are and where they fit in your learning program. It's important to identify who you are before taking on the joy of flying DJI products., safely.

View attachment 45630

If I were to take a training program such as you’re proposing, I’d want a printed syllabus laying out for me what I can expect to learn during the course.

First off I’d want to be shown the FAA’s rules regarding “safe flight” of sUAVs for hobbyists with the option of deeper explanation of what the FAA expects if I plan to fly my sUAV commercially. VO’s, VLOS, distances, altitudes, distance from airports, see and avoid, and so on.

Teach safe handling of the Phantom before, during, and after it’s flight. Include eye safety and hand safety around spinning props.

Supply a pre-flight checklist.

Go over all pre-flight steps to insure the RTH will work if needed, number of satellites, IMU calibration, compass calibration, battery levels, camera memory card types, etc.

Explain all the TX’s knobs, switches, buttons, VPS, Collision Avoidance, etc.

Emphasize CSC during flight and it’s obvious hazard and then promote your CSC safety device!

I’d want to be taught flight characteristics and flight envelope details regarding the Phantom such as Bernoulli’s principal and how it applies to indoor flight near walls and ceiling and Archimedes Screw and how it applies to the props.

Include apps that are available to enhance the use of the P3P though new apps for the P4 are not out yet but will be soon.

Cover how to travel with a Phantom, shipping/transport/charging/use of the LiPo batteries is crucial instruction.

Cover what travel cases are best for the Phantom and can provide air pressure valves during airline flights.

Cover what smart devices work best with the Phantom and that DJI is now in bed with Apple so guess which devices the Phantom does and will favor?

Cover insurance for both hobbyists and commercial pilots, both for liability as well as damage to the Phantom itself. You could also include the AMA and their free liability coverage through membership with that non-profit organization.

Basically I’d want to see you train Phantom users to fly responsibly, safely, intelligently, so that they all get their Phantoms back in one piece, no one got hurt, so they could enjoy their Phantoms for years to come.

Understanding the terminology and concepts behind the technology is key to understanding its functionality. As a beginner, I can only speak to those needs, I started with my Hubsan mini and Syma XC1, and my now a P3P. Currently retired, approaching the big 70, and female! Yes, female, I spent 20 years teaching computer applications to "newbies" at a time when everyone was a newbie. I quickly learned that manuals were written by those in the know about the technology, however, they failed to address the novices lack of foundational knowledge. Subsequently, I had to write manuals for all my courses. So, considering that there are now so many newbies, I would like to see a real beginners course/manual that addresses these basics.
-- concepts of flight as they relate to drones
-- define the jargon...telemetry, what is it? How is it used? What is it telling me in the Go app
--Compass...how do I relate to the compass? That red arrow?
-- Calibration...what happens when I calibrate? How does that relate to flying
-- Limitations of the functions and features ...eg. VPS
--modes...more info especially helpful would be when to use which
Etc...what the functions do and when to use, under what conditions...and so on. Think you get the picture.
For me, if I thoroughly understand the functions and purpose, I then have real knowledge and can operate the device with confidence.
I have spent the past 2 months reading books, devouring the web and making notes. So much time to gather info...could be simplified.
Perhaps you could call it "What's it all about, Phantom?"
To all the 'pros' out there..this site is fantastic. Learning so much. Especially like the weekly summary topics. Thanks for being here.

Well I have more chance of winning this than winning the lottery or getting my wife to agree with me. Not 100% sure what your after but I will look upon this as what I would have wanted when I first got my little heli.

1. Unboxing. Removing ALL the safety brackets etc. (yes I did miss part of one). How to put the props on and ensure they are on safely. (another lesson I learned the hard way).

2. How to set up and charge the remote control. Batteries etc. Not to charge RC and battery at the same time. (who would do such a thing? :) ) How to attach you phone/Tablet etc. Which ones work and which ones do not.

3. How set up the unit. IMU calibration. Compass calibration. Ensuring the DJI app is downloaded. Updating the system to the latest. Updating the Phantom, batteries and RC. Downloading MAPS into the cache and ensuring they are there for the areas you may fly in.

4. Pre flight checks. Compass calibration again on site. Picking your safe area to fly. Awareness of surroundings and potential problems, eg metal surfaces effecting compass calibration. Setting RTH Mode height, and why its necessary etc. The L shaped system for RTH and why it does that. E.g flying over trees on the way back instead of into them. :)

5. Simple flights in beginner mode. Practicing simple flights. There and back. Circuits. Trying out the RTH mode. What each screen does and how it can help you. Radar, map etc. Also how to aline the red aircraft arrow to bring it back and that is what direction the camera is pointing.

6. Removing the Beginner mode and going for longer flights. Progressing to an out - of - sight flight and how to work out where the aircraft is and how to bring it back safely home again.

7. Practicing emergency situations and showing how the P3 acts in those situations. E. G. Fly it a short distance away and then switch off the RC, or let the battery run down whilst its not far away. Just to demonstrate the automatic safety features on the Phantom. Helps boost confidence and reduce underwear replacement.

8. Showing what the various modes do and what they are for, F mode, Atti mode, P mode. Demonstrating the waypoint, POI etc.

8. Once the pupil is happy flying then show how to take photos and videos. Its nice to have something to show for their hard work.

9. How to set up the camera for video footage and photography. What the various settings do. Perhaps trying out effects and seeing what they do. Comparing photographic results of the different settings.

10. Show how filters can help. What they do and which ones to buy, or not buy. What makes a good filter a good filter etc Demonstrating the before and after photos.

11. How to edit on the RC. How to live stream.

12. How to maintain the Phantom and everything else connected to it. Prop balancing. Lens cleaning. What to do and just as important what not to do when cleaning. Dunking in a tub hot soapy water apparently does not help.

14. Perhaps how to edit your footage on external software. How and where to post it. How to share that footage on here.

15. Accessories. Gimbal guards. Prop guards. Lens covers. Backpacks. Storage cases. Alternative software with different or improved features over DJI. Why some are a good idea and some are not so good.

16. Upgrades you can do. Both the good and the bad.

Obviously depending on the skill of the user one can start at different parts on this list.
Perhaps with a few "it seemed like a good idea at the time" video clips. At different points to make it a little more light hearted, rather than a day at school. :)

Phew. Have I missed anything? :)

lol. I wish you were my teacher at school. The way you put that is very clear and actually makes it more fun and I always learn more when I have fun. Well done. I hope you win.

i think a simple get started instructions, from un-boxing to getting in the air. A quick tutorial on the remote and the phantom how to set it up for beginners, and then flight pre-checks then actually getting it in the air and making simple movements to orient your self with the controls and how the phantom reacts, then going over what to do when we get a little out of control, maybe stop let it hover, take a few deep breaths and think.... what would be the best way to recover control of the phantom. RTH, home lock, etc. Maybe even printing up a set of small flash cards that you can flip through from first opening the box to actually flying and what can be done in event of loosing control of the phantom and what would be the best way to recover. I think a lot of the problem with new flyers like my self is we freak out when we feel we are out of control and we make things worse (yes I ran into a big pine tree toppled about 50 feet to the ground) I know I flew it into the tree with not really knowing the orientation of the phantom. If I had gained altitude and let it hover and had some kind of a reference guide (maybe flash cards) I could of accessed I may of saved my self the crash. Teaching that even though it may be out of control or drifting away isn't at all meaning you are going to crash or you need to make rash moves trying to recover . So basically maybe a couple sets of flash cards 1. set up 2. basics, set-up and pre-flight checks 3. basic movements and how to make them 4. safe landing 5. how to recover your phantom when you feel out of control (starting with maybe gaining some altitude and removing your hands from the remote sticks taking a few deep breaths and accessing the recovery set of flash cards to see which to try first, second etc...

View attachment 45630

I'm a retired USAF Missile Operator--our task was to launch and we didn't worry about them coming back. We followed a number of checklist to keep us straight--otherwise there would be just to much to remember!

As a UAV operator I'm very concerned about the safe operation of this aircraft and I want to ensure to the utmost of my abilities to have it return safely to home..

What I would like to see is SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY emphasized. Perhaps a series of drills that have the learner go through checklist steps and then repeat them a few times. Before my first flight with the P3A I studied and RTFM and created a series of checklist ( I also cobbled together from others on the Internet and tailored it to my needs) It would also be great to have recommended checklists to download and print out in a small note book format to carry to the field.

It would also be helpful to cover the DJI flight app and other 3rd party flight apps. What are the differences? Are the 3rd party apps better than the DJI in all instances?

I would like to see a full course that is arranged by modules. You could select the module you are interested or go through the whole thing. Here's an outline for the full course.

Module 1
Overview of Drone Safety and FAA Regulations
1. safety of the drone
2. Safety of environment
3. Safety of people
4. FAA regs and guidelines
5. No fly zones, geofencing.

Module 2
Overview of Drone Flight Dynamics
1. How props work aerodynamically
2. How the props work together to make the drone fly and maneuver
3. Effects of altitude
4. How the Motors Work

Module 3
Overview of Phantom Features and Capabilities
1. Sensors
2. Motors
3. Lights
4. Camera
5. Gimbal
6. Remote control

Module 4
Manual Flight Basics
1. Control Sticks
2. Manual Return to Home
3. Reset Homepoint
4. IOC overview
5. S2 switch functions
6. Manual flight home techniques.

Module 5
The Batteries
1. Features
2. Charging
3. Maintenance
4. Airline Travel Considerations

Module 6
DJ Go Flight and Features
1. Preflight check and procedures (including calibration)
2. Symbols and indicators
3. Using the Map
4. Low Battery Procedures
5. In-flight Disconnect procedures
6. Intelligent flight modes
7. Data management
8. Firmware updating
9. IMU calibration

Module 7
Litchi flight and features
3. Using the Map
7. Screen Recording
8. Data management.

Reactions: Falcon4420
Very generous of you! Great idea as well. I watched every single video I could find on YouTube while my Phantom was shipping, most of them twice. For the sanctity of our hobby I think you should designs a course that, to start, focuses on the basics. I appreciate structure, that's how I learn best. I wish there existed a course to follow that started from scratch without being boring. Maybe practicing things like taking off and landing, flying with the nose pointing in various directions. Include things like prop balancing and various maintenance then progress to things like the Go App. I would also include the various intelligent flight modes. I'm not sure everyone even knows they exist. I know this is all the basics but once someone masters all this stuff I think the individual needs/wants of that person guide them further.

Last edited:
To put it in a nutshell, I think it would be great if you had a YouTube channel directed towards flying. For instance instead of doing a voice over after your flight, it would be good if you wore a mic and talked about everything you were doing and thinking during the flight. I would like to know what your mindset is while you were flying. And I mean go into detail, what you plan on doing and if it is working and what you are going to do to fix it. What is your plan on keeping the object in frame especially if it is a moving object.
It's kind of hard to explain but sometimes people (like myself) need a hands on workshop to learn how to do it and the best way here is hearing what a pros mind set is from take-off to landing.
I haven't seen anyone do this yet and it would be a great idea if someone started a dedicated channel just for this.

First of all, great collection of info at Phantomhelp.com! Wow, I'll be back to that resource for sure.

Here are some of my thoughts on sections that should be included in a training program and any particular notes for each section. Note that I started with a P1, flying blind with a gopro on timelapse and no FPV, which I think was a big help in learning to understand how the P1 flew without the "distraction" of a live view.

* SAFETY
* Know Before you Fly campaign (USA) and other general safety guidance (not over people, inspection prior to flying, how to contact airports, etc)
* Usefull apps and mobile websites for checking TFRs, weather info, etc (tfr.raa.gov, Hover App, UAV Forecast, Know Before you Fly)​
* Basics of flight
* Explanation of Yaw, pitch, and roll
* Specific details on understanding directions when flying back toward yourself (hard one for non-RC familiar people to grasp)​
* Practicing with a "toy" first
* Recommend spending $25-50 to get a Syma or Cheerson cheap drone to learn with. They're tough, cheap, and if you can master them, the Phantom is a breeze due to it smarter capabilities, GPS, etc.
* Learning with an inexpensive starter will give people the skills needed to manually take over the Phantom any time required, not relying solely on the RTH, auto take off and auto land.​
* Overview of remote
* Provide details of all buttons, switches, and controls and what they do and when they will be useful. Recommendations of what C1 and C2 could be programmed for.​
* Overview of P3/P4 components (explain inner workings on a basic level)
* Explanation of DJI GO functions, Navigation through the settings
* PRIOR to first flight info
* Firmware update detailed instructions on how to (craft, batteries, TX)
* IMU Calibration, Compass Calibration details​
* Recommended exercises for new operators (orientation familiarization)
*Emphasis: eyes on P3/P4 at all times for first flights -- Don't focus on the screen at first
* Explain/ learn ATTI mode​
* More experienced filming / photo skills
* Video motions explained
* Manual and Auto explained
* Photo modes explained
* Long exposure photo guide​
* Recommended maintenance
* Battery cycling
* Inspections
* Motor replacement interval?
* Prop replacement interval?​
* Section on how to deal with curious / furious / Law Enforcement
* BE CIVIL
* Explain the benefits
* Show how far away everything appears in pictures if privacy is a concern
Sorry so long. Hope some of this is useful for your class. Look forward to hearing more about the class.

Here are a few ideas:

Would really like to see a section focused on the Phantom as a camera. Assume we know how to fly. There is sooo much to know about using it effectively for pictures and video.

- how to manually fly video maneuver (orbit, etc)
- best settings for different situations
- why and when to use filters
- thoughts on video quality settings
- post processing and editing
- Recommended shots / videos (how to approach a scene / challenge)
Shorting brackets for HDR and the best way to post process

Section that compiles the 100+ most common questions and their answers from Phantom Pilots. I know its all in here but its daunting to look for it sometime especially for new users. Would be great to have as a resource we could all point to.

Detailed description of features of the software. What they do, what they don't, what the risks are.

Comparison of third party apps. Which ones are best for what. Would be great to include their compatibility with OS, devices, and firmwares.

Would LOVE to see a table(s) of every firmware, remote fw, and app versions. Please Include:
- notable features added
- common bugs associated / reported with the version
- bugs resolved
- UI changes
- compatibility with OS apps and fw
- Battery fw update required?

Tips and tricks for Firmware management:
- how to setting to not auto update
- what to do if you accidentally update your app version and want to roll back (bigger issue on ios)

Risk Section:

Top 10 ways people lost/kill their Phantom and how to avoid them. Similar to the 100 questions, pull oit the common deathly mistakes and do a post mortem. Then use that perspective/learning to teach how to not repeat the mistakes.

Antenna Upgrades and other mods:

Section outlining the options:
- what they do
- how well they work
- risks to your phantom
- difficulty of install
- overall impressions

Thanks for your generosity of not only the give away but also the time and effort to create good content!!!!

Ps. Sorry about typos and formatting. Did this on my phone.

I would like to see a full course that is arranged by modules. You could select the module you are interested or go through the whole thing. Here's an outline for the full course.

Module 1
Overview of Drone Safety and FAA Regulations
1. safety of the drone
2. Safety of environment
3. Safety of people
4. FAA regs and guidelines
5. No fly zones, geofencing.

Module 2
Overview of Drone Flight Dynamics
1. How props work aerodynamically
2. How the props work together to make the drone fly and maneuver
3. Effects of altitude
4. How the Motors Work

Module 3
Overview of Phantom Features and Capabilities
1. Sensors
2. Motors
3. Lights
4. Camera
5. Gimbal
6. Remote control

Module 4
Manual Flight Basics
1. Control Sticks
2. Manual Return to Home
3. Reset Homepoint
4. IOC overview
5. S2 switch functions
6. Manual flight home techniques.

Module 5
The Batteries
1. Features
2. Charging
3. Maintenance
4. Airline Travel Considerations

Module 6
DJ Go Flight and Features
3. Using the Map
7. Data management
8. Firmware updating
9. IMU calibration

Module 7
Litchi flight and features
3. Using the Map
7. Screen Recording
8. Data management.
Exactly..this is what I would like as well

I am not going to enter this competition. It seems like, recently anyway, people have looked what others have put. Thought that's a good idea and re-phrased and re-labeled his thoughts and structure etc. I would use the word plagiarism only some would get upset. So if I entered it would just get re-hashed and put up again. You do not have to look very far back to see who I am talking about who had his structure 'borrowed'. Disappointed.

Still some of the best ideas no doubt originated in that way. Good luck to you all.

Clever thinking though by the original poster. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor