Get Flight Logs without App

Reaction score
I recently had my Phantom 3 Standard crash. It seemed like it lost image connection and then just fell out of the air. It's in pretty bad way... The camera is completely missing and one of the motors is just dangling.

I want to access the flight logs stored on the drone to see if I can figure out what went wrong. However, when I try to enter Flight Data Mode through the app, I don't see anything when I plug the drone in via USB. I suspect that it may be so damaged internally that it can't connect with the controller.

Is there any way to access the drone's internal logs without using the app?

You are plugging the USB port in the front, (not in gimbal plate)?
Those flight logs are extremely large.
You would be best to load up from your mobile device to this link, https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and share it here and few members will let you know what may have happened.

Here is what a log would look like, Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

With the google earth plugin, you get a 3D image, with the data.
GEarth1.JPG

also,
msinger, has pretty good list if haven't found it yet.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

Mine fell from the sky, battery died on a landing, head wind killed the battery on a RTH.
They changed my main board, and fixed the camera. $300.00, I doubt my board would have worked either. From what I understand the SD card in the phantom is glued in, maybe somebody will confirm this..

Rod

I am plugged in to proper USB port, but it's not coming up on my Mac or PC.
It's been a while since I tried it, but if I'm not mistaken, you have another step to do. You have to go into the Go app and turn on a setting, in order to get the data off the bird. I can't remember the name of the setting, (flight data mode maybe).
I'm sure someone else will chime in if that's not it.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Well, @mdowney,
He said he goes to "enter Flight Data Mode through the app" but he says he has no camera. The WiFi signals start at the gimbal / camera. So I guess he is making a WiFi connection, because I don't think you make it that screen in the app, without the app connected to the camera. :confused:

Well, @Joshua Horn, how far are you getting?

Rod

Well I can't even find it in the app, with everything connected, what ever, Monday?

Well, @mdowney,
He said he goes to "enter Flight Data Mode through the app" but he says he has no camera. The WiFi signals start at the gimbal / camera. So I guess he is making a WiFi connection, because I don't think you make it that screen in the app, without the app connected to the camera. :confused:

Well, @Joshua Horn, how far are you getting?

Rod
Thank you. I scanned his original post, and did not see it......until now.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94