FYI......Autopilot for DJI 2.0 (24)

You make some good points, that's actually pretty fair. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel ripped off or cheated or anything like that and I bought autopilot without having to think about it too much, it's a useful app...but i can understand the point of view of people who might.

I too bought the app and bought all the other features. There are some valid points and I too do not feel like I was ripped off. The new pricing schedule sounds good. I do appreciate the openness.

Thanks,
Alan

Hi,
Do you have some release dates pour version 2.2 and 3 ?

I already love the app and can't wait to have the new features!

Reactions: huntjock
Those who paid $19.99 and have not upgraded to the other flight modules will we be grandfathered in to the new price point or will we have to pay $10 bucks more AFL?
All the in app upgrades will become free, and you will get new versions of the app for free as well.

Do you have some release dates pour version 2.2 and 3 ?
The beta for 2.2 is slated to start at the end of this week. As for 3.0, we can't say until we have 2.2 out the door.

I purchased the app and all the in app upgrades less than a week ago and I am not upset. Actually I am very pleased with my purchase and having free access to future upgrades makes it fair enough to this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: huntjock
Another note on the upcoming price change: In app upgrades will become free today, and the base price of the app will increase on Friday.

Not! just throw away 5 euro!!

We are about to release the next beta build including saved Flight Plans. You can save Flight Plans on your device (locally), or register an account with us (free, only requires a valid email address) and sync Flight Plans between devices. Enjoy!

Downloaded latest version and took it for a couple of orbits this morning.

1. I got a really weird twitch in the gimbal. It tilted the horizon 9 degrees (according to the on screen telemetry) to the right. This happend a couple of times before i reached the orbit but the orbit worked as usually.
2. 10 minutes into the session i suddenly lost telemetry (happend once before) and i had to restart the app.
3. After the mission i tried to download to healthydrones but all i could get out of the app was two missions i flown a couple of weeks ago.

Feedback on the new save feature and account sync. This is great but i would like to se a "Save as" and a "Save" button. One of the reasons to save a mission is to save some sort of alteration i have done to a previous created mission. Hence save as.

I got a really weird twitch in the gimbal. It tilted the horizon 9 degrees (according to the on screen telemetry) to the right. This happend a couple of times before i reached the orbit but the orbit worked as usually.
Can you reproduce this / send the video / send the flight telemetry?

10 minutes into the session i suddenly lost telemetry (happend once before) and i had to restart the app.
What device are you using? Do you think it may be related to overheating?

After the mission i tried to download to healthydrones but all i could get out of the app was two missions i flown a couple of weeks ago.
Pull the files from the flights directory (not flightrecorder anymore). We will be updating the documentation closer to release.

Can you reproduce this / send the video / send the flight telemetry?

What device are you using? Do you think it may be related to overheating?

Pull the files from the flights directory (not flightrecorder anymore). We will be updating the documentation closer to release.
Im not allowed to post a file with the extension used in the log file. I changed it to a txt file to be able to post it, hope it works.

Have you removed the option to export to healthydrones? I cant seem to be able to do it anymore.
I use a ipad mini 2 retina with cellular connection with all the latest firmwares, ios, apps etc.

Attachments

• telemetry.txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 404
Im not allowed to post a file with the extension used in the log file. I changed it to a txt file to be able to post it, hope it works.
It works (it is just text). The log does show the gimbal roll sporadically tilting to 7-9 degrees. There should be an engagements folder also. Please send the one labelled to 2015-11-08-112458-177 [email protected]. I need to see if Autopilot was sending this roll command, or if the aircraft was spontaneously doing it (implying an IMU issue on the hardware side).

Have you removed the option to export to healthydrones? I cant seem to be able to do it anymore.
No, it is still supported. Did you try to upload the telemetry from the engagements folder, or the flights folder? It has to be the one from the flights folder. Note: we will be adding auto-upload in 2.2 as well to make this whole process seamless.

I use a ipad mini 2 retina with cellular connection with all the latest firmwares, ios, apps etc.
On the app crash, my guess is the app ran in to memory pressure. The iPad Mini 2 is an older and underpowered device and Autopilot is demanding a lot of it. It probably finally gave up after about 7 minutes. One thing to try (if you intend to engage for long periods), is kill all other apps and restart the iPad right before launching Autopilot to give it as many system resources as possible - or upgrade :)

It works (it is just text). The log does show the gimbal roll sporadically tilting to 7-9 degrees. There should be an engagements folder also. Please send the one labelled to 2015-11-08-112458-177 [email protected]. I need to see if Autopilot was sending this roll command, or if the aircraft was spontaneously doing it (implying an IMU issue on the hardware side).

No, it is still supported. Did you try to upload the telemetry from the engagements folder, or the flights folder? It has to be the one from the flights folder. Note: we will be adding auto-upload in 2.2 as well to make this whole process seamless.

On the app crash, my guess is the app ran in to memory pressure. The iPad Mini 2 is an older and underpowered device and Autopilot is demanding a lot of it. It probably finally gave up after about 7 minutes. One thing to try (if you intend to engage for long periods), is kill all other apps and restart the iPad right before launching Autopilot to give it as many system resources as possible - or upgrade :)

Thx i sent the file to yor support.

In the flights folder i can only see the file i attached to my previous post, telemetry.tsv, and healthydrones refuse to upload that one. There are no other files in that folder.

In the engagements folder there are two zip-files (which is the format that should be used between HD and Autopilot) but when i upload those i get an error.

I downloaded every Autopilot file possible from my ipad and none of he works. Its no biggy if you release the autosync.

Yeah i suspected it was the Ipad. Short on cash now so i have to fly with my Iphone as it seems.

In the flights folder i can only see the file i attached to my previous post, telemetry.tsv, and healthydrones refuse to upload that one. There are no other files in that folder.
I think HD can only take zip files, and since the app crashed before the flight was finished, it wasn't able to compress the data. If you zip up the directory in the flights folder, will it take it?

I think HD can only take zip files, and since the app crashed before the flight was finished, it wasn't able to compress the data. If you zip up the directory in the flights folder, will it take it?
Nope, didnt work. I will try a new flight to morrow if the weather allows it and try to reproduce the twitching of the gimbal so i can do another ttry with DH as well.

Hello. Well I have Iphone 6 Plus. 9.0.2. Before my flights I always make sure background apps are off, I do restart my iphone, and almost every time I use autopilot I get the same message about the telemetry. My P3 has the last firmware upgrade.

Here is a teaser of the upcoming Waypoint mode in 3.0, complete with multiple Focus points, Bézier curves, segment splitting, and size / rotation / position transforming.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart