FYI......Autopilot for DJI 2.0 (24)

Wow. Totally sweet. That's what I'm talking about. Can you set your points first on the ground and curve and bezel or do you have to fly a route first and then alter those points. Does it I clue an altitude feature? What is the lowest altitude way point can be flown. I like 6 to 10 foot flight for various street level shots. Currently GO is limited to 33 feet.
Check out the screen recording for a view of waypoint setup in this review-> Autopilot 3.0 Beta - Waypoint Mode review and demo | DJI Phantom Forum

Lowest altitude is going to be zero if you dare...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450631413.732357.jpg

P3 Standard and Inspire 1 Pro support is now available in the 3.1 beta. Let us know if you see any issues.

We discovered a DJI firmware issue that prevents the aircraft from executing Return-to-Home (RTH) on RC signal loss when any third-party app is connected via the SDK. Our testing does show that RTH will activate when the critical battery level is reached (configured in DJI GO), but this may result in the loss of your aircraft if the home location is too distant. DJI indicated that this issue will be resolved in the next firmware update, but they have not given us a timeline. Until then, we strongly recommend that you do not operate Autopilot (or any third-party app) near the edge of signal range.

We have posted this notice on our homepage as well.

We added a new option in Build 89 for Grid missions. Draw an area with the Waypoint Drawing tool and then choose Grid from the Pattern menu. Then choose the number of rows in the grid and rotate and resize the grid to suit your area. Finally, change the Focus Strategy to Direction and choose Pitch -90 degrees. You can also set the Camera on Engage to Start / Photo / Interval. The Interval is specified in the camera settings menu.

We added a new option in Build 89 for Grid missions. Draw an area with the Waypoint Drawing tool and then choose Grid from the Pattern menu. Then choose the number of rows in the grid and rotate and resize the grid to suit your area. Finally, change the Focus Strategy to Direction and choose Pitch -90 degrees. You can also set the Camera on Engage to Start / Photo / Interval. The Interval is specified in the camera settings menu.

Nice that sounds useful for mapping and photgrammetry :)

Here is another example showing the same thing with Camera Triggers and setting the interval:

The most recent version of the SDK now allows control over the C1 button, so we are looking for feedback on how you would like use both C1 and C2. When making a suggestion, be specific about which Mode(s) it applies to and if there is any difference when Engaged vs Disengaged.

I'm kind of on the fence with the RTH being fixed.
If I'm flying a waypoint mission and I go out of range I want the flight to continue as I always set the final waypoint at my home point.
If it does an RTH most of my missions will fail.

I'm kind of on the fence with the RTH being fixed.
If I'm flying a waypoint mission and I go out of range I want the flight to continue as I always set the final waypoint at my home point.
If it does an RTH most of my missions will fail.
You can have it continue with LCMC mode. The issue without the FW fix is it would just stop with loss of RC signal in the normal mode.

You can have it continue with LCMC mode. The issue without the FW fix is it would just stop with loss of RC signal in the normal mode.
Just to clarify, LCMC is still in beta it will be released soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie