FYI......Autopilot for DJI 2.0 (24)

Version 2.1 just got approved. We will be starting the beta for 2.2 soon so remember to sign up if you haven't already.

Version 2.1 just got approved. We will be starting the beta for 2.2 soon so remember to sign up if you haven't already.
Downloaded and flew a short mission.

It says in the releasenotes that it supports healtydrones but i cant find anything in the app, on healthydrones or when i google that indicates how to download logs to healthydrones.

EDIT: To be clear, when i connect my ipad to Itunes and choses the app, like i have done before with DJIGo and Autopilot, no files to save appear in the right window. How do i get the files from the Ipad in the new version, 2.1?

A word on 2.2: Waypoints is planned for the 3.0, which is the next major released scheduled after the 2.2 update. 2.2 is going to bring Saved Flight Plans and a switch to Google Maps, both of which are critical for Waypoints to be functional.

It says in the releasenotes that it supports healtydrones but i cant find anything in the app, on healthydrones or when i google that indicates how to download logs to healthydrones
I am having Eran produce some instructions now.

EDIT: To be clear, when i connect my ipad to Itunes and choses the app, like i have done before with DJIGo and Autopilot, no files to save appear in the right window. How do i get the files from the Ipad in the new version, 2.1?
It should just show up under "Autopilot Documents". Email [email protected] if you can't find it still.

Cruise Mode video is now available.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In addition to the Google Maps switch and Saved Flight Plans, 2.2 will bring an entirely new feature called Airspace. Airspace allows you to connect up to 8 devices which can then share both their location and/or the location of any connected aircraft. This creates many possibilities which we will document in an upcoming video on this feature, but we just wanted to give you guys a sneak preview. This video was shot with an Inspire in Follow Mode behind a Phantom 3, also in Follow Mode behind a car.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Oregon Guns
Fixing an unbalanced Phantom 3 battery.

A few weeks ago I had a battery that gave me a couple errors. For instance one time it said something to the effect of "overcurrent discharge" and another time it said "damaged cell land immediately". So I was just getting ready to return this battery on warranty and the DJI customer support agent had me try something first. He asked me if I would charge up the battery completely put it in the craft turn the craft on and let the battery discharge over the next few hours. And he asked me to do this two or three times. So I did and also say that I put a fan on to cool the gimbal and heatsink areas. I followed the directions and went to the process three times then charge the battery up and gave it a flight and sure enough that fixed the problem with that battery. I hope this helps somebody.

With features like Airspace and Waypoint Mode on the horizon, we want to make another big announcement about Autopilot relative to pricing.

The TLDR version
No more in-app upgrades and base price increasing to $29.99.

The full explanation
As many of you know, Autopilot is currently priced at $19.99 with five additional Modes offered as in-app upgrades for $4.99 each, for a total of $44.94. We chose to price Autopilot in this way because we are a software start-up without the ability to offset the cost of developing new features by making margins on hardware sales, and we wanted to ensure that new feature development would be sustainable.

We realize there are several downsides to this pricing model, such as:
  • It can create a barrier to entry on using some of the best features of Autopilot, and in the end we want the maximum amount of people to be able to enjoy the best of what Autopilot has to offer
  • It can create a sense that we are trying to nickel-and-dime, or even mislead users - neither of which are true, but the perception may still be there
  • The actual in-app purchase workflow can be annoying, especially if you bought the app intending to buy all the in-app upgrades from the start or you are attempting to activate a mode in the field when you don’t have an internet connection
Having said that, it is worth noting that in the same way we listen to the community and implement new features based on feedback, we are willing to listen to feedback on pricing and make changes when appropriate. Additionally, we now have two quarters of revenue history to inform our decision, which greatly increases our confidence in making a pricing change that is both beneficial to the community, and sustainable* for us.

Here is the new plan:
  • Airspace and Waypoint were originally going to cost $9.99 each, bringing the all-in cost of Autopilot to $64.92. Instead we are going to offer both of these features for free.
  • All existing in-app upgrades will go away and every feature in Autopilot will be included with a purchase of the base app.
  • The base price of the app will increase to $29.99 (less than half of the $64.92 listed above)
We believe there are many benefits to this new plan, with the two most important being:
  • It allows us to thank our existing users for believing in Autopilot and being early adopters (you don’t have to pay anything more to get the latest features)
  • It negates all of the downsides listed above with the in-app upgrades
* On the sustainability of the new plan: we have noticed that new sales of Autopilot continue at a steady pace, in large part due to the community spreading the word (and we thank you for that), and also because DJI continues to sell new hardware. As long as both of these conditions continue, we feel comfortable that sales from new users will offset our ongoing R&D costs and we want existing users to receive the benefit of that.

Reactions: 2nd2non
Great! But what about those who already paid $44.94?

I guess the takeaway for us early adopters is that it's not worth it to support developers by buying apps early :|.

Edit: I've changed my mind, I think that the one time purchase, inclusive of new features is pretty awesome. I don't regret buying it at all.

Last edited:
I guess the takeaway for us early adopters is that it's not worth it to support developers by buying apps early :|.
Copilot also lowered its price and refunded the difference to early adopters, using PayPal...

Really? I'm sure they appreciate those who paid more then what the current asking price is but that should not prevent them from structuring their current offering to make it appealing to potential customers as well as benefit them from a business position. It happens all the time. Things go on sale. Prices drop. Get over it.

You saw value in those features and benefitted from using them during the time between your purchase and the price change - that is, value was delivered to you by AFL.

You could look at it this way, or you could look at it like this: we aren't going to charge you an additional $20 for Airspace and Waypoint Mode (or other features), which have cost us significant time and resources to develop. As with any pricing change, we realize that we can't make everyone happy 100% of the time, but we hope you can appreciate our transparency, and what we are trying to do.

Copilot also lowered its price and refunded the difference to early adopters, using PayPal...
I can't speak for the Copilot developers, but I have to assume that by making their price change so quickly after launching, it was an admission that their product wasn't actually worth that much. The price change that are suggesting is coming from a completely different perspective. We still believe the features are worth the price that many of you have already paid, otherwise we wouldn't be increasing the base price of the app.

Reactions: apsphoto
we aren't going to charge you an additional $20 for Airspace and Waypoint Mode (or other features),

You make some good points, that's actually pretty fair. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel ripped off or cheated or anything like that and I bought autopilot without having to think about it too much, it's a useful app...but i can understand the point of view of people who might.

Don't get me wrong - we all love Autopilot, also us early adopters. It just leaves a slight sour feeling. That's all.

I think for me, that sour feeling is mitigated by the prospect of not having to pay for new and upcoming features. As they are described, Airspace and Waypoints a going to kick some serious ***.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers