Reactions: dirkclod
Oh Yeah?
Don't see no ( On-Off ) Tab! :rolleyes:
LOL!
Seriously, look good Brother!
Better than Ver.1.0
B703120E-CED7-4809-9D51-29B51A6AB1B7_zpshbm1ktkx.jpg

J Dot
:D Got that too :):D:) Like ya evolved bro :)
Can't wait ta see V4 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: J Dot
@J Dot, @dirkclod, @Squiddley
Guys is this Tx compatible with our P2V's?
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus V3 5.8GHz Remote Control Transmitter with thumb wheel

Please tell me that it is cause it's going to be here on Saturday LOL. I should have asked before I ordered it:(

I also ordered the FE700 range extender and was wondering if you guys have any tips on getting my bird to talk to the new Tx and wifi extender. Go easy on me cause I'm still a newbie:rolleyes: sort of anyway LOL. But I'm willing and able to jump in with both feet and try any mod within reason:D

I've got my plate full with the near gear on its way and I can't wait to get the new yaw switch from J Dot. Thank you again Bro! Now if Keri at RPG who has had my money for a month now :mad: would ever ship my gimbal I'd be a happy camper.

Thank you in advance my friends for helping out a fellow P2V addict:D

Yes it is and I have it . The wheel is sweet . You will just have to bind it to your bird and is not hard . Lot's of YT's on it . The same with the RE700 .
I will find you the YT's and post them back here in a few . The switch is great JD makes and easy to install ya just have to take your time .
Looks cool too :)
lighted switch.gif

Added / There are lots of YT's on both of these but I use this guy's the most. Is a member here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1-HUeRKBGiKZrVhiOEtGjQ

Reactions: J Dot
Thanks Dirk I've been on the road for work the last two days and on the drive home this evening I was thinking about how I was going to spend the weekend adding the new gear. Then I got a sick feeling that I may have bought something that wasn't compatible. Thanks again you made my day and I'll be able to sleep tonight LOL. And I really need it I covered about 700 miles the last two days.

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
@dirkclod

Just checking so I can sleep LOL. I just looked again it its a DJI-P2VP-16. Is that the same as yours?
Thank you again buddy;)

@dirkclod

Just checking so I can sleep LOL. I just looked again it its a DJI-P2VP-16. Is that the same as yours?
Thank you again buddy;)
The model # on the back of mine is npvt581 but it is a V3 TX for the Plus . Works fine Mike .
Now get ya rest bro :D

The model # on the back of mine is npvt581 but it is a V3 TX for the Plus . Works fine Mike .
Now get ya rest bro :D
Thanks now I can nod off thinking of installing all the new gear thinking of all the fun I'll have:D

Ive got the new TX with scroll wheel Mike works excellent love the scroll wheel Ive also got the RE700 range extender and love the distance I can get now without cutting out, like Dirk said theres a pile of videos on Youtube on how to do it, not that hard, when you get your gimbal unless you get the longer landing gear your gimbal will hit on the ground when it initialises or at least mine does anyways but thats where the scroll wheel comes in handy as soon as it hits just scroll it up and your good to go makes it way easier to use with it.... anyways if you have any problems Im here Ill try and help ya out with anything ive learnt so far just give me a shout, sorry been out of the loop for a while was on holidays the past week and just got back home so just catching up on here lol

No worries Squid thanks for responding. I've checked on setting up the Tx and the RE700 and it looks pretty easy. Can't wait until they get hear. I just wish Rotorpixel would hurry up and get the gimbal shipped. But then again I would rather wait a few days as they test them to make sure all is in order with them prior to shipping. It would just be nice it they answered emails:mad: and provide an ETA. As far as the gimbal hitting the ground I'll be ready with the thumb wheel the first time I turn it on. But I did pick up these nice snap on leg extensions that give me an extra inch and a quarter clearance and they snap on and off easily so the P2V still fits in my case;)

With that thumb wheel I always cut my TX and extender on and then as soon as I start the battery I roll the wheel up all the way . When power hits the gimbal all it does is shake a little then I let the wheel go . If ya don't the camera just points straight down .
Now when ya do get the gimbal it's just not as simple as putting it on and going . You do have to calibrate it and comes with instructions
and ya might have to go into assistant to change some settings but we will deal with that when the time comes.
You will also have to just use It some to see just how tight to make the screws at each corner to tune it in were ya happy with it .
If you look at your camera now see how it is centered in the front of your bird . Well it will be over to the left of that when you install
the gimbal and is normal .
And you thought ya was on easy street already huh .:D BaHahahaaaa
Really not hard but there is a few things ya have to do .:)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Thanks Dirk I appreciate your input and by no means do I think I'm on easy street LOL. I have a lot to learn and spend a ton of time reading posts form you Squid, J Dot and Porky. I also spend a lot of time watching Simon Newton's on the kitchen table videos. That guy is awesome and really presents his videos well.

I was out flying a few batteries a little while ago and I think I caught a fox on video that has been running around the neighborhood lately. Won't know until I watch the video cause I couldn't fly FPV where I was do to all the trees and bushes. Heading out again to see if I'll be lucky enough to catch a few photos of him he's a real sharp looking red fox and not scared of the Phantom. If I do get any good shots I'll post a pic here.

Take care and thanks again bro;) I'm sure I'll be shooting you guys questions while hooking up all my new gear:D

@dirkclod
Hey Dirk I did catch the fox on video:D It's not National Geographic quality LOL but you can see him clearly. I've seen the little guy just about every evening the last few weeks when I've been watering the garden. I'm going to try and get some still shots and better video tomorrow evening. Hopefully it won't be as windy and I can get something worth posting.

Forgive the excitement but all I've managed to shoot so far has been landscape stills and video buzzing around the neighborhood. Since switching over to Naza mode and messing around with control lock and home lock my videos have gotten much better and the RPG will make a tremendous improvement too! Once the **** thing gets here:D:mad: that is LOL.

It will and lots have had to wait a lot longer than you . Killing ya ain't it ! Did me and got it and within a week I dropped it from 250' and had to send it back in to be fixed :)
Naza mode is the only way to go IMO and use HL every time I go up just to check if my HP is set right . I also use HL to just bring it back to me when I go long if I lose FPV . Makes me way more confident on BLOS trips out :)

Reactions: Clampit
Sorry for jumping in after a long time but have you got your RPG yet? Have you had any updates with Keri?

It will and lots have had to wait a lot longer than you . Killing ya ain't it ! Did me and got it and within a week I dropped it from 250' and had to send it back in to be fixed :)
Naza mode is the only way to go IMO and use HL every time I go up just to check if my HP is set right . I also use HL to just bring it back to me when I go long if I lose FPV . Makes me way more confident on BLOS trips out :)
Yep it's killing me:mad: Waiting on the postman now for the Tx and RE700. Hope it comes today so I have something to play around with LOL. All the features of Naza mode sure do make things a lot easier and boosts your confidence for sure.

Sorry for jumping in after a long time but have you got your RPG yet? Have you had any updates with Keri?
Hi Porky no worries;) Not a word from Keri:mad: I've been emailing every 3 or 4 days and no response:mad: It's been 6 weeks since I ordered and over a month since the money transfer went through. The last I heard from him was around 7/15 and he said they would be shipping by the end of the month.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl