FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

Reactions: dirkclod
You can eliminate some of that glare if ya use those black stickers on the bezal of your camera Porky if ya talking about stuff like this
View attachment 25843 That ring was from reflecting off the bezel to the back of the filter .Looks like this
and is very helpful :) View attachment 25845
Nope not the same dirk, I'll dig out a pic &I show ya.

Reactions: Clampit
It does work very well and J Dot gonna be selling them soon.. his threads are worth reading ! Right @J Dot ?
BaHahaaa I jus woke him up :D
What I love about the one I got now is you can add all this stuff and I love doing the mods . The P3 pretty much has all of them already as far as the distance and stuff and a better camera . Is just a different animal .
I hate since it came out though a lot the really smart folks have moved on over there to the P3 section and don't look back here or most don't .
Don't get me wrong as there's still plenty of smart folks here but we did lose some . Right @Marlin009 ?
BaHahaaa just woke him too :D
They gonna kill me :eek:

Yeah, it would appear so. Shame.

Here ya go... The day I got mine, kid with a new toy comes to mind:D

View attachment 25883
I'm sure I'll be the same way when it gets here. My girlfriend just shakes her head and says boys and their toys when I talk about all the things I'm doing with my P2V and the things I am planning on doing. Taking her to a nice park in central Pennsylvania this weekend to show off, take some video and let her have the sticks to give it a try. She's too scared to try it out around here with all the trees.

I'm sure I'll be the same way when it gets here. My girlfriend just shakes her head and says boys and their toys when I talk about all the things I'm doing with my P2V and the things I am planning on doing. Taking her to a nice park in central Pennsylvania this weekend to show off, take some video and let her have the sticks to give it a try. She's too scared to try it out around here with all the trees.

Lol,
My wife, the same, she crashed my first v222 quad, no biggie, but total loss ( first a tree, then into the pond ) I retrieved it, but all shorted out ) lol, now she is petrified of the phantom, even though I told her, it flies itself. Maybe one day? My 7 year old likes to fly, I take her up to around 50-60' up, then he flies it around ( once he survived a FULL VRS, totally out of control, and plummeting fast, and before I could grab the remote, he pulled out of it at around 20' up, I was pleasantly surprised ( pure terror into amazement! ) little rascal! Lol, then he flew out the rest of the battery, event free! ( of corse he only flies under my supervision. ) I figured I'd better teach him to fly correctly, then to come home to a wrecked bird, from his first solo without my permission, lol.
But he does the pre flight checklist ( normal stuff, visual inspection, blade spins, battery check, wind check, then he turns it on, waits for the sat, home lock ( I lift off to 50' ) he flies, I land after 25% warning goes off! It's fun!

J Dot

Cool Mike ! but remember this when she's flying it ! You gonna be
like this :D
look.jpg

Reactions: Clampit and J Dot
Lol,
My wife, the same, she crashed my first v222 quad, no biggie, but total loss ( first a tree, then into the pond ) I retrieved it, but all shorted out ) lol, now she is petrified of the phantom, even though I told her, it flies itself. Maybe one day? My 7 year old likes to fly, I take her up to around 50-60' up, then he flies it around ( once he survived a FULL VRS, totally out of control, and plummeting fast, and before I could grab the remote, he pulled out of it at around 20' up, I was pleasantly surprised ( pure terror into amazement! ) little rascal! Lol, then he flew out the rest of the battery, event free! ( of corse he only flies under my supervision. ) I figured I'd better teach him to fly correctly, then to come home to a wrecked bird, from his first solo without my permission, lol.
But he does the pre flight checklist ( normal stuff, visual inspection, blade spins, battery check, wind check, then he turns it on, waits for the sat, home lock ( I lift off to 50' ) he flies, I land after 25% warning goes off! It's fun!

J Dot
Sounds like you have a great pilot in the making! I wonder what he wants under the tree this Christmas:D I'll let you know how it goes with the girlfriends fist flight with the Phantom. She's flown one of my Syma's (I've got the x5c, x5w and x8w all great for the price) but they are so squirrelly that she's handing the transmitter back to me within a few seconds LOL. She has seen how well the P2V flies and like you said just about flies itself but I have 2 acres with a bunch of trees as do the neighbors and she's scared to death of putting it up into the top of one of them. And I must admit I have done exactly that a few times with the Syma but it always manages to blow down after a few days. One of them once was up a tree for 2 weeks and even got rained on before it came down. Two days in a plastic bag with some rice and it was ready to go.

Reactions: dirkclod and J Dot
Lol,
King of TAGS!
I'm AWAKE, I'm AWAKE!
( forgot to add PLUG-n-PLAY )ha, Ha, HA! I also love screwing with stuff, and trying new exciting things with my bird! Hate the crap that fails, but love the stuff that works! I swore ( when I bought my P2v ) I was only gonna fly, I was not going to fool with it, well that went out the window! I think you will like my latest BIG idea, @dirkclod, gotcha! :D

I will let you in on the secret, in a pm!
It's a GOOD ONE! ( ones ).

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot
J Dot when will you be selling those slow yaw switches that Dirk was talking about? I'll be first in line to buy one:D

J Dot when will you be selling those slow yaw switches that Dirk was talking about? I'll be first in line to buy one:D
Mike like I was saying the alerts to some of these threads aren't working but if ya ask like I did in back post like this @J Dot he will see what ya are asking when he logs on ! :)

Mike like I was saying the alerts to some of these threads aren't working but if ya ask like I did in back post like this @J Dot he will see what ya are asking when he logs on ! :)
Cool trick I'm learning all kinds of things here thanks Dirk:rolleyes: So I'll ask again in this post:p
@J Dot will you be selling the slow yaw switches anytime soon? I'd love to have one and will be first I line:D

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
Cool trick I'm learning all kinds of things here thanks Dirk:rolleyes: So I'll ask again in this post:p
@J Dot will you be selling the slow yaw switches anytime soon? I'd love to have one and will be first I line:D

Hello MD7,
I was going to start listing them tomorrow ( evening( ish )). I had 3 colors, but am having a hard time locating Yellow ( there is a problem at NKK, and they are back ordered for 3 months now. RED, or GREEN, is readily avail. I do have Red, or green, our friend ( Luv My TJ ), got the last Yellow! Shoot me a conversation request, and we will talk some more.
Thanks for the reply, and THANKS TO ( @dirkclod ) for the alerts! As always, he is ON TIME ( like Rolex )
:D
I have no idea what is going on with my alerts, if you LIKE a post, they come through, but if you REPLY or QUOTE, it is hit and miss! But glad we have Dirk to keep us straight!

Talk soon
Your friend
J Dot
( Take care, Fly safe!:) )

812DAC4F-C813-4A55-8893-4EA7B5E51354_zpscwuemo53.jpg

2F36B893-1F47-4709-A2F6-349ABF711321_zpsh3i0yp1p.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics