Flying in fireworks.

After a very busy last few days, I can finally sit down. WOW, you guys are putting up some cool videos. I wish I had addressed how long shows generally are related to your battery. Most shows are gonna be about 17 to 20 minutes long. Some are longer of course but usually only at the request of the customer. Its a guess unless you can talk to the display operator and ask. We usually start shows with a mini finale then slow down a little and work back up to another mini finale, and then when people think its over we really let em loose for the real finale. So we will have the drone up to get the beginning and then land it for the slower part and then right back to the same spot 3/4 there for the two finales. A little editing and it all looks like the same flight.

Well after a long anticipated week waiting for this night. Weather turned out great. Hounded you all for tips etc...
Didn't happen! My 6 year old has a very high fear of fireworks, balloons etc... thought we could make it to beach but I saw no chance of it so I decided I would launch from house. Only 1/2 mile away and can still get great shots of all the shows throughout the city. I could count 5 I could see just from my place. Would have been a beauty from 300+ feet up.
All set, batteries charged etc... and then the call from my girl. I had to abort mission to comfort her.
Oh well. Maybe next time ( New Years)

Hope all enjoyed.

Mike

DJI_0006-edited.jpg

Here is a still that I got with the drone. I will come back and post a link to the video when I get it uploaded. The video of the fireworks turned out better than I expect until the finale. The finale was a little overexposed. I landed at 35% and swapped batteries. I got back into the air just in time for the finale. It probably would have made it on one battery, but it would have been too close.

I was disappointed with my Hood , there was always some good works a street over , so I planted myself at 135 ' & waited . Most fireworks were a couple streets over & on the horizon , which was pretty cool seeing them all off in the distance . I have to down load the chip to see how well the video looks & if anything worthy , I will post it .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga