Flying Gun Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted. I did a search and didn't find one. This is horrible for the hobby.

Horrible for the hobby... or the the person who did that?

MSN has a headline that FAA is looking into it.

It always nice to see people practicing good, solid, gun safety fundamentals.

That doesn't look like a Phantom 3 though....

Reactions: Ari
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/07/21/gun-drone-bullets-shots-video

An 18-year-old wiz kid is under investigation by the FAA for attaching a semi-automatic handgun to a drone and firing.

Austin Haughwout is a mechanical engineering student who has invented lots of stuff, but this one could get him in trouble. He fired into the Connecticut woods and recorded it on video, which caught the interest of the FAA.

Apparently police there determined there's no state crime, which is pretty interesting.

So, if shots are fired into the woods, someone IS listening.

It's news on tmz. Bad for our hobby.

Why....? What is wrong with people. I could see trying something like this....maybe, only for self amusement. but it's a whole new thing to post it online and show the world. Peeps are soooo stupid and definitely gonna ruin the hobby for us all

Why does every stupid person mean that the hobby is going to be ruined for everyone?

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!!!

There's always going to be people doing something stupid, but this is probably not a violation of §91.15 "Dropping objects":
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.
Never in a million years I ever thought that I would be defending a gun nut. But if he is a responsible gun owner in the woods where discharging a gun is not illegal and he takes precautions to avoid any injury or damage - then what is the problem? Take the gun off the drone and you're OK with that? You don't see what he is shooting at - it could be a target in front of a dirt berm at a shooting range. You don't know that there aren't any safety precautions built into his system. You know nothing but the sensationalist fear mongering, and you should know better than to add to it.

Sam
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/07/21/gun-drone-bullets-shots-video

An 18-year-old wiz kid is under investigation by the FAA for attaching a semi-automatic handgun to a drone and firing.

Austin Haughwout is a mechanical engineering student who has invented lots of stuff, but this one could get him in trouble. He fired into the Connecticut woods and recorded it on video, which caught the interest of the FAA.

Apparently police there determined there's no state crime, which is pretty interesting.

So, if shots are fired into the woods, someone IS listening.

It's news on tmz. Bad for our hobby.

It's the same Kid that got his *** whooped by a girl in CT at some beach where he was flying his drone. Chick was a psycho and I originally thought the poor kid. But after this stunt I think he's just an *** hat.

huck375yunq35jeryai4_400x400.jpeg

Sam

It's the same Kid that got his *** whooped by a girl in CT at some beach where he was flying his drone. Chick was a psycho and I originally thought the poor kid. But after this stunt I think he's just an *** hat.

that dude showed some amazing restraint... taking his aggression out by building the gun-quad?

Reactions: dtitus6297
Why does every stupid person mean that the hobby is going to be ruined for everyone?

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING!!!

There's always going to be people doing something stupid, but this is probably not a violation of §91.15 "Dropping objects":
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.
Never in a million years I ever thought that I would be defending a gun nut. But if he is a responsible gun owner in the woods where discharging a gun is not illegal and he takes precautions to avoid any injury or damage - then what is the problem? Take the gun off the drone and you're OK with that? You don't see what he is shooting at - it could be a target in front of a dirt berm at a shooting range. You don't know that there aren't any safety precautions built into his system. You know nothing but the sensationalist fear mongering, and you should know better than to add to it.

We prefer enthusiast to nut. :D

Reactions: snowghost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl