FAA, police investigating gun firing drone

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
There one here who believes the video is a fake.

I didn't realize this video came from the kid that was assaulted by a psycho chick in Connecticut for flying his drone at a beach area. Thought the kid (Austin Haughwout) was just a poor nerd that got attacked.

Felt bad for him cause he technically didn't break any laws and the girl did come off as a bit looney and she got off with a slap on the wrist.

But mounting a gun on a quad copter just puts him in a whole new class of *** hats.

I'm sure there's FAA laws against this. I'm from Canada and am not fully aware of the US state laws. But seeing things like this and all the bad media online makes me think rules and regs are gonna come down hard even for the hobbyists.

I'm just learning about this as a hobby and am hoping to get my Phantom3A sometime this week.
With all the negative media means the times are gonna change with laws in both Canada and US with the FAA and Transport Canada.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
wow, same kid...

he sure is getting in the news...

Kinda out of their jurisdiction, No???

Had a couple good laughs & pretty decent special effects :)

Even tho there are FAA laws that say no civilian aircraft can have weapons installed that fire live ammo All the kid has to say is that the video was faked or firing blanks and hes all set. also this is the us so he don't have to prove he didn't do any thing or that he didn't break and laws and the burden is on the goverment to prove it. and they can even say him talking on line about is any sort of proof being that bragging and lieing is not considered proof of any thing and people do brag and fib on the web all the time.

Tho for the life of me I cant seem to figure out what the heck the big deal is its just a freaking gun. and its not like he harmed any thing at all. and I dont know were the goverment gets the ideal it can regulate what some one does with a gun esp when it comes to putting them on a drone or other civilian air craft considering that its now considered common use by the military to arm planes and even drones and the 2nd amendment only protects some ones right to own military grade weapons that are considered to be in common use any way. So the only way the goverment can say this is not legal or covered under the 2nd is if they want to argue that pistols on an aircraft is not at all common in the military being they usually tend to put rifles and rockets on them not pistols.. So really if he was smart he would of put a rocket or maybe something cool like a mini gun on one..

Tho the fact that he is the same kid that was attacked by a nut case just proves the legit want or need for things like this being if he had that drone that day maybe he would of been able to off used it to defend him self from the criminal who even threatened his life that day.. Which is all any one needs to know if being attacked by a stranger.. .If they say they want to kill you there is no way to know if they dont mean it and no reason any one should have to wait till they kill you to used deadly force to stop the attack. If it became real common and was allowed then most *** holes out there would not even consider trying to attack any one flying a drone if they thought there could be some repercussions to it. just like how its just as true today as ever about how an armed society is a polite society the opposite is just as true and an unarmed society just invites politeness.

I was raised to never screw with any one thats a stranger and to never just assume they are unarmed cause they could be armed and because of this its keep me from ever trying to mess with anyone or to ever try to attack someone or to judge them on there size as to if its worth it to jump them or try to commit a crime against them. which along with just being raised not to be a thug and not be polite to people helped some to. AND TODAY many people are taught the exact opposite and think that most people dont have a right to have weapon and thus must not have one so its ok to try any thing they want to any one as long as they feel they are bigger then the victim and thats why our society is so messed up and crime so high in areas were its not legal to carry. and why crimes if much lower and in some places almost non existent in places that have very loose restriction on law abiding gun owners right to carry.

I was sure the posting would flush the gun nuts. This is the thinking that creates a need for laws...

I didn't realize this video came from the kid that was assaulted by a psycho chick in Connecticut for flying his drone at a beach area. Thought the kid (Austin Haughwout) was just a poor nerd that got attacked.

Felt bad for him cause he technically didn't break any laws and the girl did come off as a bit looney and she got off with a slap on the wrist.

But mounting a gun on a quad copter just puts him in a whole new class of *** hats.

I'm sure there's FAA laws against this. I'm from Canada and am not fully aware of the US state laws. But seeing things like this and all the bad media online makes me think rules and regs are gonna come down hard even for the hobbyists.

I'm just learning about this as a hobby and am hoping to get my Phantom3A sometime this week.
With all the negative media means the times are gonna change with laws in both Canada and US with the FAA and Transport Canada.
She's a loon and he will soon be in county jail for something stupid. Neither one seems to possess an ounce of common sense.

I was sure the posting would flush the gun nuts. This is the thinking that creates a need for laws...
stupid.jpg

you can get further with a gun and a kind word than with just a kind word...
take the cannoli, leave the gun...

Pretty Funny!! :D No doubt ****, kid got his azz kicked, And in my opinion actually deserved it for posting a Vid of it. Hey everybody here's a video of a gal kicking my ARSE! :eek: Girl or not, if a gal took a swat at me, I hope she has good dental insurance! :cool:

Reactions: VenomX15301
There is more to the story- the kid got arrested for fleeing (well not in his mind) the police during an unrelated incident. He filmed it, it was up on his YouTube.

Even tho there are FAA laws that say no civilian aircraft can have weapons installed that fire live ammo All the kid has to say is that the video was faked or firing blanks and hes all set. also this is the us so he don't have to prove he didn't do any thing or that he didn't break and laws and the burden is on the goverment to prove it. and they can even say him talking on line about is any sort of proof being that bragging and lieing is not considered proof of any thing and people do brag and fib on the web all the time.

Tho for the life of me I cant seem to figure out what the heck the big deal is its just a freaking gun. and its not like he harmed any thing at all. and I dont know were the goverment gets the ideal it can regulate what some one does with a gun esp when it comes to putting them on a drone or other civilian air craft considering that its now considered common use by the military to arm planes and even drones and the 2nd amendment only protects some ones right to own military grade weapons that are considered to be in common use any way. So the only way the goverment can say this is not legal or covered under the 2nd is if they want to argue that pistols on an aircraft is not at all common in the military being they usually tend to put rifles and rockets on them not pistols.. So really if he was smart he would of put a rocket or maybe something cool like a mini gun on one..

Tho the fact that he is the same kid that was attacked by a nut case just proves the legit want or need for things like this being if he had that drone that day maybe he would of been able to off used it to defend him self from the criminal who even threatened his life that day.. Which is all any one needs to know if being attacked by a stranger.. .If they say they want to kill you there is no way to know if they dont mean it and no reason any one should have to wait till they kill you to used deadly force to stop the attack. If it became real common and was allowed then most *** holes out there would not even consider trying to attack any one flying a drone if they thought there could be some repercussions to it. just like how its just as true today as ever about how an armed society is a polite society the opposite is just as true and an unarmed society just invites politeness.

I was raised to never screw with any one thats a stranger and to never just assume they are unarmed cause they could be armed and because of this its keep me from ever trying to mess with anyone or to ever try to attack someone or to judge them on there size as to if its worth it to jump them or try to commit a crime against them. which along with just being raised not to be a thug and not be polite to people helped some to. AND TODAY many people are taught the exact opposite and think that most people dont have a right to have weapon and thus must not have one so its ok to try any thing they want to any one as long as they feel they are bigger then the victim and thats why our society is so messed up and crime so high in areas were its not legal to carry. and why crimes if much lower and in some places almost non existent in places that have very loose restriction on law abiding gun owners right to carry.
You worry me.

Reactions: SteveMann

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj