Flying from inside house or car anyone?

LOL, perfect car for that..
feel free to share some video, we love FPV vid's. well.... I love them, I post too many, I think they are getting sick of mine.

Hopefully be shooting some snow video today. Maiden voyage for my new Black P4 ( Black Betty ) Go big or go home :)
Cool, post it, snowy here too. 24 degrees. In order to not clutter thread here are mine. Lots of tests, examples... garbage, but a couple I think are ok. : Grammaton Cleric

Yup, you have snow, cool vid. cruise ship in dry dock is very cool also !!
Too funny, I have a dashcam video from yesterday also, car spinning out in the snow.
This thread is already cluttered. no worries. we make people search for there info.. 50 pages :O
My Channel, Mid Michigan Phantom4
Someone subscribe.. I have zero :( You Tube doesn't love me...lmao :)

BTW, I drive a Crown Vic black detective's car... This mag mount twin ant's will look like I'm doing NBC (Nuclear, Biological,Chemical) investigations... and they might be right...
Yep, I got a white crown Vic.. nice when people get out of your way on the interstate.. these antenna's will add to the effect.. lol man, nice screen in the car! You guys are gonna break my bank!! Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Too funny, I have a dashcam video from yesterday also, car spinning out in the snow.
This thread is already cluttered. no worries. we make people search for there info.. 50 pages :O
Watching first video now. You bought L-coms 8.5 too? I just bought them. You did well flying through the " Grabby trees"! I lived in Flint/Lansing for a year... summer great, winter...... glad I don't live in Michigan......

Yep, I got a white crown Vic.. nice when people get out of your way on the interstate.. these antenna's will add to the effect.. lol man, nice screen in the car! You guys are gonna break my bank!! Lol

Crown Vic... scaring stoners since 1995....

You are very good at FPV flight. Cheers! (The look of a person seeing the Phantom speed by with no pilot in sight is the best.)

Break the bank, just don't break the drone!!

Finally got to fly a little today. 3 different runs.
1 - I run the Lcoms + sunhan amps, which is this video. Video feed wasn't as clear as I had hoped. Started to glitch close to 2500 feet. Went close to 3000 each run.
2 - I run the Lcoms straight to the remote. Lost it all at 2780 feet, same spot, same run.
3 - I run the DBS02 antenna with amps. Solid and clear all the way through. Clean vid with no glitches. Got to 3100 feet then dropped below the tree line.

Edit: this wasn't a max distance test. Just flew to that distance because that's where some trees were. Had full bars except for when I dropped behind trees with Lcoms alone, not amped. Same location I flew 2.66 miles stock. So yeah, just a little tree penetration here.

This was a very windy day. I really shouldn't have been flying buy I just couldn't help myself!! I was surprised in the difference of the video feed between the Lcoms and the DBS02, but, I know every location will have a different outcome probably. I'm curious as to what the RF Linx will do. I didn't have time to install and mess with the settings today but hope to get to do that soon.

This vid is off the sd card. The glitching shows up in the cached version.

Windy and nervous, but had a blast!! I'll have to search hard to find good places to test. I'm in the hills and This place was about the flattest place around. Hope this works.

Last edited:
1 - I run the Lcoms + sunhan amps, which is this video. Video feed wasn't as clear as I had hoped. Started to glitch close to 2500 feet. Went close to 3000 each run.
2 - I run the Lcoms straight to the remote. Lost it all at 2780 feet, same spot, same run.
3 - I run the DBS02 antenna with amps. Solid and clear all the way through. Clean vid with no glitches. Got to 3100 feet then dropped below the tree line.

This was a very windy day. I really shouldn't have been flying buy I just couldn't help myself!! I was surprised in the difference of the video feed between the Lcoms and the DBS02, but, I know every location will have a different outcome probably. I'm curious as to what the RF Linx will do. I didn't have time to install and mess with the settings today but hope to get to do that soon.

Windy and nervous, but had a blast!! I'll have to search hard to find good places to test. I'm in the hills and This place was about the flattest place around. Hope this works.
Very cool. Noticed the cars go slowly by the "cop car" with antennas sticking up in your "Speed trap". I get the same thing in my black Vic.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Hope to get farther than 3,000ft with the L-coms as My FPVLR with 3 watt Suhaus goes way beyond that. Also my home built mast type whips go farther than that. (they are on a 20ft tall mast though)(And the far point altitude was 250 ft.)

Last edited:
Hope to get farther than 3,000ft with the L-coms as My FPVLR with 3 watt Suhaus goes way beyond that. Also my home built mast type whips go farther than that. (they are on a 20ft tall mast though)(And the far point altitude was 250 ft.)
Guess I should've been a little more clear.. I only flew that distance by choice because that's where a line of trees were that I could duck behind. I'm positive I would've been limited by battery.

Attachments

• i151^cimgpsh_orig.png
    i151^cimgpsh_orig.png
    615 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Thank you for clarifying range. Two of these puppies cost $200. The 4dbi versions are $69 each. With or without amps, I expect them to be performance freaks. Plus they'll look great on my black Vic lurking quietly.

I'll test first no amps, then 3 watt amps, finally..... 8 watt amps. Flown on a planned way point mission so the results are consistent.

Edit: this wasn't a max distance test. Just flew to that distance because that's where some trees were. Had full bars except for when I dropped behind trees with Lcoms alone, not amped. Same location I flew 2.66 miles stock. So yeah, just a little tree penetration here.

Cool Video !! Glad you finally got a day off to do some flying...
Great place to test a new set up...
The panel antenna will kick the Omni's butt on clear video and pretty much anything else. The down side is you have to aim it. All the good stuff is aimed at the bird and it's not hearing 360 degree's of video noise on the receive side. Hope that made sence...lol
The RF Linx will have Video cross talk issue's with the Omni's also.
But it can be dialed out or down.
Good $hit :)

Turbo

Oh yah, love the Crown Vic's guys !! I don't look the part in a Subaru...lol
I live in a GM ghost town. Ol boys in there Chevy trucks giving me the eye. :D
If they only knew i worked at a GM dealer as a Tech for 15 years... That's why i own a Subaru...lmao

Cool Video !! Glad you finally got a day off to do some flying...
Great place to test a new set up...
The panel antenna will kick the Omni's butt on clear video and pretty much anything else. The down side is you have to aim it. All the good stuff is aimed at the bird and it's not hearing 360 degree's of video noise on the receive side. Hope that made sence...lol
The RF Linx will have Video cross talk issue's with the Omni's also.
But it can be dialed out or down.
Good $hit :)

Turbo
Haha.. I guess a guy could make a huge set of parabolics out of a garbage can and aluminum foil to go behind the L-coms..lol Then turn the car to aim.. haha

Reactions: hotashes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West