Flying from inside house or car anyone?

well....almost up and running. I had the rig little more than propped up against the pole rather than mounted up where it will eventually go. Seems it's been freezing cold, windy, raining, snowing or dark ever since I got enough parts together for a test flight. I still want to do some tinkering before I climb all the way up for a final mount. I turned both amps up to full blast and haven't even had the chance to try again with lower power just to see what difference it makes. Gotta love winter I guess. I'll get there but it will take some time.

Keep at it. I did a Christmas light tour for the family while we all sat in the living room. Covered serious ground too. Seen reports of phantoms cracking in cold weather but I've had her out in single digits just fine with no problems. Definitely test before final install. After 2 yrs I still fly almost daily u will be hooked!

Keep at it. I did a Christmas light tour for the family while we all sat in the living room. Covered serious ground too. Seen reports of phantoms cracking in cold weather but I've had her out in single digits just fine with no problems. Definitely test before final install. After 2 yrs I still fly almost daily u will be hooked!

Jeremiah you are just hardcore man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delete

well....almost up and running. I had the rig little more than propped up against the pole rather than mounted up where it will eventually go. Seems it's been freezing cold, windy, raining, snowing or dark ever since I got enough parts together for a test flight. I still want to do some tinkering before I climb all the way up for a final mount. I turned both amps up to full blast and haven't even had the chance to try again with lower power just to see what difference it makes. Gotta love winter I guess. I'll get there but it will take some time.
I hear ya, winter is getting in the way of drone time...
With those directional antenna's you can probably leave the gain @ 20

Got my Jake setup and my RF-Linx / Lcom setup is finally complete! Now I can finally install in the car and do some bush-whacking! I'm going to try both combinations amps + Lcoms. Wanted the other so I could fly out of the car too. Now for a day off to fly!

0554c773a57158d505129716eb22f351.jpg

Ain't she pretty!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got my Jake setup and my RF-Linx / Lcom setup is finally complete! Now I can finally install in the car and do some bush-whacking! I'm going to try both combinations amps + Lcoms. Wanted the other so I could fly out of the car too. Now for a day off to fly!

0554c773a57158d505129716eb22f351.jpg

Ain't she pretty!

Bush-Whacking... lmao
She is pretty !! needs some tree bark on it :)
Nice case by the way !!

Reactions: JohnnyB
Bush-Whacking... lmao
She is pretty !! needs some tree bark on it :)
Nice case by the way !!

Talking of case, where can I get one in the uk of this spec lol. I really appreciate you guys on that side of the lake may find it hard to help me but anything is better than nothing. Happy flying.

Talking of case, where can I get one in the uk of this spec lol. I really appreciate you guys on that side of the lake may find it hard to help me but anything is better than nothing. Happy flying.

Only place I can think of is keep a check on UK EBay. Rrally hope you can find a set hotashes. To me, the quality difference would be worth the export. But all depends on you... Quality vs bargain. I personally would go quality. Good luck buddy! Hope u can find them.
Edit: just seen u said case.. sorry. I was speaking of Lcoms... Which I hope u can get too. I lucked out on the case. Got off of a forum member here. Keep an eye out in the classifieds here too. I waited 3 months for a deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotashes
It is illegal to fly an unmanned aircraft from inside a car in every country that has established UAV laws.
It is also illegal to fly from within your home.
Every country in North America and most European nations have LOS and altitude laws.

The type of flying that is advocated here breaks several laws, not only in the US, but most countries.
Common sense alone should alert you to how unsafe this is.
Common sense should remind us that we are facing the restrictions we are because of this exact type of behavior.

I will not stand by and watch my hobby be banned because of a handful of rogue pilots who think they are above the law.
It's MY hobby too... And I will fly from my car, from my house and any other way I feel like should be done.... Oh.. I fly responsibly too even if Big brother and other idiots say I can't, they don't own me or MY hobby.

It's MY hobby too... And I will fly from my car, from my house and any other way I feel like should be done.... Oh.. I fly responsibly too even if Big brother and other idiots say I can't, they don't own me or MY hobby.

same here happy flying and who cares about the haters. They honestly can't help themselves.

X2

Reactions: JohnnyB and jhax01
I fabricated a panel set up with 8 watts. Works great, but I like your mag mounted so much I just bought 2 of them. Will incorporate the 8 watts to see how many birds I can cook... from my car or house. Thanks for sharing your set up.
20161202_065434.jpg

Bad Azz tripod set up !! Thanks for sharing... Do you fly distance ?? or Tree Trimming :D

Last edited:
And when I fly from inside This set up is used. (I built a perm mast mount after this pic. was taken (3 watt. Sunhaus set)(20ft. pvc. mast)
20161106_050216.jpg
20161010_085214.jpg
)

Bad Azz tripod set up !! Thanks for sharing... Do fly distance ?? or Tree Trimming :D
It will go quite a ways.. but I build my set ups for penetration, video feed lock strengths.

BTW, I drive a Crown Vic black detective's car... This mag mount twin ant's will look like I'm doing NBC (Nuclear, Biological,Chemical) investigations... and they might be right...

BTW, I drive a Crown Vic black detective's car... This mag mount twin ant's will look like I'm doing NBC (Nuclear, Biological,Chemical) investigations... and they might be right...
LOL, perfect car for that..
feel free to share some video, we love FPV vid's. well.... I love them, I post too many, I think they are getting sick of mine.

Hopefully be shooting some snow video today. Maiden voyage for my new Black P4 ( Black Betty ) Go big or go home :)

Reactions: pricey4907

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka