Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Finally got to fly a little today. 3 different runs.
1 - I run the Lcoms + sunhan amps, which is this video. Video feed wasn't as clear as I had hoped. Started to glitch close to 2500 feet. Went close to 3000 each run.
2 - I run the Lcoms straight to the remote. Lost it all at 2780 feet, same spot, same run.
3 - I run the DBS02 antenna with amps. Solid and clear all the way through. Clean vid with no glitches. Got to 3100 feet then dropped below the tree line.

Edit: this wasn't a max distance test. Just flew to that distance because that's where some trees were. Had full bars except for when I dropped behind trees with Lcoms alone, not amped. Same location I flew 2.66 miles stock. So yeah, just a little tree penetration here.

This was a very windy day. I really shouldn't have been flying buy I just couldn't help myself!! I was surprised in the difference of the video feed between the Lcoms and the DBS02, but, I know every location will have a different outcome probably. I'm curious as to what the RF Linx will do. I didn't have time to install and mess with the settings today but hope to get to do that soon.

This vid is off the sd card. The glitching shows up in the cached version.

Windy and nervous, but had a blast!! I'll have to search hard to find good places to test. I'm in the hills and This place was about the flattest place around. Hope this works.

Awesome stuff. Nice low flying!

Reactions: ChrisCT and JohnnyB
Not having luck with the phantom 4 pro. First one the radio completely bricked during the update. Carolina Drones reluctantly sent me a new one. Frank said he's sold 50 of things with no issues as if it was my fault. Anyway, flew the replacement outside with a non modded radio this morning and got a disconnect 100 ft up. Return to home sent it 80 ft away from takeoff. Would not reconnect all I could do was stand under the tree. She came tumbling down so fast the landing gear ripped apart and the shell cracked.

Next time I will order on amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.PNG
    IMG_0701.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 309
Not having luck with the phantom 4 pro. First one the radio completely bricked during the update. Carolina Drones reluctantly sent me a new one. Frank said he's sold 50 of things with no issues as if it was my fault. Anyway, flew the replacement outside with a non modded radio this morning and got a disconnect 100 ft up. Return to home sent it 80 ft away from takeoff. Would not reconnect all I could do was stand under the tree. She came tumbling down so fast the landing gear ripped apart and the shell cracked.
Dude, that sucks !!

Oh yah, love the Crown Vic's guys !! I don't look the part in a Subaru...lol
I live in a GM ghost town. Ol boys in there Chevy trucks giving me the eye. :D
If they only knew i worked at a GM dealer as a Tech for 15 years... That's why i own a Subaru...lmao
LMAO!! If you start hearing banjo's... RUN!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Turbomania
Yes it sucks!!! The dude I bought the case from, his also bricked. Sent it back yesterday! Sorry Jeremiah!!

Not worried DJI has much better customer service. Not knocking these guys but this purchase should have been made from a place with hassle free returns. It's my fault for not doing so. Sure it's a huge hit for them.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Crown Vic... scaring stoners since 1995....
Dude, cried when i read this !!! Funny as hell !!
Imagine someone reading this whole thread to learn something, it's all over the place... hehe, we are good entertainment...
Sorry to jack your thread all up Jeremiah...

Turbo

Reactions: hotashes
Still a virgin.Darn weather...

Only place I can think of is keep a check on UK EBay. Rrally hope you can find a set hotashes. To me, the quality difference would be worth the export. But all depends on you... Quality vs bargain. I personally would go quality. Good luck buddy! Hope u can find them.
Edit: just seen u said case.. sorry. I was speaking of Lcoms... Which I hope u can get too. I lucked out on the case. Got off of a forum member here. Keep an eye out in the classifieds here too. I waited 3 months for a deal.

Just seen the edit, what is the case name/brand so I can keep an eye open? Thanks man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tested my l com antennas at the lake down from my house and got out to just over 8000 ft. before I lost signal. Using the 3 watt sunhan amps and gl 300c controller. Not sure if this is normal for these antennas or not, so can't wait to see what you guys can do with yours. Waiting on some cables to test my roof setup. Hope to get a lot further out with those.

Dude, cried when i read this !!! Funny as hell !!
Imagine someone reading this whole thread to learn something, it's all over the place... hehe, we are good entertainment...
Sorry to jack your thread all up Jeremiah...

Turbo

No worries.
I tested my l com antennas at the lake down from my house and got out to just over 8000 ft. before I lost signal. Using the 3 watt sunhan amps and gl 300c controller. Not sure if this is normal for these antennas or not, so can't wait to see what you guys can do with yours. Waiting on some cables to test my roof setup. Hope to get a lot further out with those.

Yeah I've been 8.5 miles in the car with the l coms using one black 3 w suhan on video only. Channel 21 and adjust quality downlink to lowest setting.

Jeremiah I thought that is what you said before about the l coms. I have not had that good of results with mine yet. Not real sure that I don't have something else going on either with the remote itself or my amps are bad.

Jeremiah I thought that is what you said before about the l coms. I have not had that good of results with mine yet. Not real sure that I don't have something else going on either with the remote itself or my amps are bad.

Try just one amp at a time on video only and re test. You don't need one on control. Hell today I flew 7 batteries in a row before I realized I didn't even put both antennas on the car. Control was on floorboard and I was 2000 feet away behind trees with full signal. Start there.

Reactions: Bear501
(Waits at front door for UPS driver coming with my set of L-cons)

Reactions: hotashes
Alot depends on interference in your area. These things rock.
I went out long one time with my car set up ( Omni's ) over water. I turned around for battery. Just posted the video on my You Tube Channel.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Best part, check out details. 1 message when it switches to GPS. not 1 disconnect in almost 4 miles..
I don't fly distance much, the best part was not having to aim anything. Sit back in the car and fly :)

Alot depends on interference in your area. These things rock.
I went out long one time with my car set up ( Omni's ) over water. I turned around for battery. Just posted the video on my You Tube Channel.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Best part, check out details. 1 message when it switches to GPS. not 1 disconnect in almost 4 miles..
I don't fly distance much, the best part was not having to aim anything. Sit back in the car and fly :)

Nice turbo, although I would guess you ended up using the map for direction rather the fpv as you left the lake and headed for the fields ha ha. Good distance though...

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West