Flying from inside house or car anyone?

We need video evidence...lol
I hear yah about wanting to fly, weather has become an issue here on top of my awesome new work schedule.
Midnight to Noon.. WTH :)
My problem is, one of my rf linx injectors I ordered is bad, (which you know) so as far as only using one amp for the RX side, I don't have a way to hook up the other Lcom to my remote only having N type cable ends and my magnet base cable end is also N Type. Breaking rules I had to order a set of N type male to SMA female couplings until i can find another injector. Can't fly period right now. [emoji20] And letting out truth, this is THE main reason I was asking about a switch that could switch from stock antennas to anything else that requires an SMA end. At least I could still fly when something goes down. I guess I could down my remote and hook up my stocks again but don't really want to have to do that. The coupler is a backorder.. December 12-20 expected delivery.. [emoji33]

In the mean time, my bird is glossy clean, everything inspected, ask all the stupid questions I could think of and have read a bazillion threads on this site and others... And my poor bird, setting staring at me with wings spread ready to fly.. bad times Turbo.. bad times. [emoji22]

I think I'll go in rut when I do finally hear the sound of the motors firing up again!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

My problem is, one of my rf linx injectors I ordered is bad, (which you know) so as far as only using one amp for the RX side, I don't have a way to hook up the other Lcom to my remote only having N type cable ends and my magnet base cable end is also N Type. Breaking rules I had to order a set of N type male to SMA female couplings until i can find another injector. Can't fly period right now. [emoji20] And letting out truth, this is THE main reason I was asking about a switch that could switch from stock antennas to anything else that requires an SMA end. At least I could still fly when something goes down. I guess I could down my remote and hook up my stocks again but don't really want to have to do that. The coupler is a backorder.. December 12-20 expected delivery.. [emoji33]

In the mean time, my bird is glossy clean, everything inspected, ask all the stupid questions I could think of and have read a bazillion threads on this site and others... And my poor bird, setting staring at me with wings spread ready to fly.. bad times Turbo.. bad times. [emoji22]

I think I'll go in rut when I do finally hear the sound of the motors firing up again!

wasn't it only the USB missing on your injector?
Anyway, there was a seperate injector fir sale some week ago on ebay..

Yes. USB missing. To my understanding, (whatever that's worth) from factory the gain is on max, and without USB no way to know or change. As far as the lights, it was all lighting up but lights were on, on both RX and TX side. I'm shipping it back today I guess and asking for either an exchange or refund. For $127 , it should be right and they should make it right.

I missed that on eBay. My luck.

Oh, and when I swapped cables from good injector to other amp, the amp would not connect to the amp software on laptop. So those two items I'll put together and ship back.

IBV, I know little compared to you guys, did your comment mean that this is an easy fix? If I can get it in my head, I can fix about anything but I do have to understand it first. A lot of what's said does go over my head because most of these post are spoken to people that already knows and can relate. This is like learning a new trade. I have to start somewhere and appreciate "all" the help I've gotten so far. I'm trying hard.

Reactions: hotashes
I'm at the very beginning, awaiting a clear indication what parts I need to order so I can clean modify my controller on my phantom 4. Anyone?

A list would be good of all the parts I will need to order. I'm based in uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at the very beginning, awaiting a clear indication what parts I need to order so I can clean modify my controller on my phantom 4. Anyone?

A list would be good of all the parts I will need to order. I'm based in uk

Welcome to the forum hotashes. Great bunch of guys here. Lots of knowledge.. more than I can handle evidently..lol

Here's a start... Pg 18

http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/80567/

The rf linx amps are getting hard to find at a cheaper price on ebay so you may have to look for a different amp for now.

I know it's a lot of reading but this thread and the antenna jungle thread has about all you should know. The link I posted will get you to the right thread for a list. It's where I started for my list + help from others.

Back a few pages here are some list too.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotashes
1a98bf9e19cbbac11a63a881f667c80f.png
. Are these ok?

Well, report of how it's going so far. Not so good. I didn't even notice or pay attention to the sticker while I was screwing the injector to the wood...

And when I took off the sticker to find the USB port, this is what I find...

Johnny-
A couple cheap injectors on ebay right now.
RF LINX Tunable Indoor Bi-Directional Amplifier DCF-2400-12V SKU133982 | eBay
RF LINX DCF-2400T REPLACEMENT PARTS KIT | eBay

edit- actually the $33 one may not be one to get. It has a sticker like yours did.
Of course you could just swap with the good one you have to set the power then switch back. once it's set you don't need USB anymore.

Last edited:
Johnny-
A couple cheap injectors on ebay right now.
RF LINX Tunable Indoor Bi-Directional Amplifier DCF-2400-12V SKU133982 | eBay
RF LINX DCF-2400T REPLACEMENT PARTS KIT | eBay

edit- actually the $33 one may not be one to get. It has a sticker like yours did.
Of course you could just swap with the good one you have to set the power then switch back. once it's set you don't need USB anymore.
Thanks so much dirt. Super nice of ya! Ordered the 68 one. One of the amps was bad too. Tried for a few hours to get it to connect to the software and it never would. (Using good injector) So I sent the bad set back today. They already gave me a refund. Good of them. Just want something that works.. know what I mean. [emoji16]
So.. an amp and I'm set. May have one if he'll still sell.

Reactions: IBV
I tested my tower RF Linx setup a little yesterday. Not too bad for 3200 feet away on the other side of woods.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm thinking did Jeremiah lose he's drone due to the rth bug? He has not been here for ages now?

Has this topic been discussed? What about the P4P and 2.4/5.8ghz? vs just 2.4 on the P4? What do I need for antennas if I go with a P4P?

Nothing different. Just switch off the 5.8Ghz on the P4P.
The japanese use lower frquencies for the matrice. Dont know for the P4P, but this is a much better frequency band for long range and penetration. Would be interesting to hear if somebody ever used a japanese version in US/EU.. They run around 900Mhz..

Has this topic been discussed? What about the P4P and 2.4/5.8ghz? vs just 2.4 on the P4? What do I need for antennas if I go with a P4P?

Somebidy posted about satelite link for fun..
but it seems these Canadian guys are up to it soon.. Defiant Labs Launch Next Gen Drone DX-3 - sUAS News

and actually almist unnoticed: The inspire 2 got a control option via 4g/LTE network!
Flying from inside your house or car gets another perspective then when flying right behind the next houses, mountains or these irksome trees! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.