Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Somebidy posted about satelite link for fun..
but it seems these Canadian guys are up to it soon.. Defiant Labs Launch Next Gen Drone DX-3 - sUAS News

and actually almist unnoticed: The inspire 2 got a control option via 4g/LTE network!
Flying from inside your house or car gets another perspective then when flying right behind the next houses, mountains or these irksome trees! ;)
I can see it now.... Verizon II Pro.. [emoji33]

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: IBV
Settle down people. Let's keep it on topic.

As an aside, if anyone has a concern about a user's UAS activities and you feel it falls outside of FAA regulations and their ongoing disregard for safety presents a danger, it's very easy to report the activity to a local FSDO. A flight safety inspector will happily take it from there.

Hope he's not where I think he is, (I know a whole lot of people in several FSDO''s and was a Safety Counselor and gave 67 rides to those who had incidents in full scale copters for a time) when he meets the SI he'll quickly drop the invulnerability and anti-authority attitude that seems to be spreading in the UAS community.

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again: If you believe you can bridge the rules and compare it to speeding, you will be in for a rude awakening when the FAA comes knocking - Federal Regulations are not like pleading with a local police officer to not give you a ticket and it's done.

Welcome to the National Airspace System gang; you have a lot of learning to do to co-exist with those of us in full size aircraft. One of them is that the rules are not advisory in nature.

Rant over, I've better things to do...

Well I got my antennas put up today. Went for a quick test flight and did not get very far before I lost connection. Was using RG58 for my extension cables from the lmr 400 just cuz I had them lying around. I was told it probably wouldn't work, but I had to at least try. So now I got some 240 on the way and we'll see how the next test goes. Also I don't suppose it would hurt to leave the RF linx plugged in, would it?

Last edited:
Never lose my drones lol

Good man.... If only it was to get your attention pal, I'm looking for close quarters help in setting up for the car rig. I'm in uk and for a start wasn't sure if I should order the L-COMS from USA or see it there was a uk or European equivalent considering shipping costs etc? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good man.... If only it was to get your attention pal, I'm looking for close quarters help in setting up for the car rig. I'm in uk and for a start wasn't sure if I should order the L-COMS from USA or see it there was a uk or European equivalent considering shipping costs etc? Thanks

Not sure it matters where they come from.

Not really sure about what's available in the uk. I would just track down a set of the l coms.

Reactions: hotashes
Heres a link to a video I made a while back, not from the house but gives an idea of what we Kiwis a re up to. Just wish I had more time to edit them better!

Also a page from another farmer here Brett Sanders

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this video! You scared the sheep into an area that you wanted them to be in.

Kurt

So you guys think this will work as antenna? http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ANT2409v2_IG_23Apr08.pdf
8f333de08e119c924e7a5ce31d344bd5.png

Anyone try a p4pyet on their indoor setup? Got mine last week and it was doa. Frank at Carolina drones hopefully sending out a replacement today or tomorrow.

About 3:21 in the video. Deer to the right. Prancing off to the right.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Been away for awhile but seen some phantoms in the woods haha here is one from a month ago. I didn't edit or anything it's just fun for a change as apposed to distance runs. Keeps u on your toes and great for learning good control.

About 3:21 in the video. Deer to the right. Prancing off to the right.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
If you're talking about mine, I don't see anything but leaves then. a little while later at the top of the big hill there's one standing in the clearing looking at me. You could be right though. I'll watch the hi-res version tomorrow night and see.

Been away for awhile but seen some phantoms in the woods haha here is one from a month ago. I didn't edit or anything it's just fun for a change as apposed to distance runs. Keeps u on your toes and great for learning good control.

Welcome back !!!
Nice work picking your way thru there !!
Do you have any idea how much money you have cost me ?? LOL :)
I enjoy flying FPV much better than distance...

Turbo

Reactions: JohnnyB
I tested my tower RF Linx setup a little yesterday. Not too bad for 3200 feet away on the other side of woods.

Glad to see your rig up and running !! Nice video !
Did you adjust the amps at all ??
On a side note, Received my bird side amp. Video side only. Just need to find time... Thanks for the info and great install video dirtdroner !!

Reactions: JohnnyB

Welcome back Jeremiah!
Hey I remember early on you were using the smaller sunhan 3w amps in your car set-up. Are you still using the same? I know everyone experiments and ends up different sometimes....
I'm like Turbo, this thread = $$$.. lol I'm hooked!!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Glad to see your rig up and running !! Nice video !
Did you adjust the amps at all ??
On a side note, Received my bird side amp. Video side only. Just need to find time... Thanks for the info and great install video dirtdroner !!
well....almost up and running. I had the rig little more than propped up against the pole rather than mounted up where it will eventually go. Seems it's been freezing cold, windy, raining, snowing or dark ever since I got enough parts together for a test flight. I still want to do some tinkering before I climb all the way up for a final mount. I turned both amps up to full blast and haven't even had the chance to try again with lower power just to see what difference it makes. Gotta love winter I guess. I'll get there but it will take some time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka