Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Well, report of how it's going so far. Not so good. I didn't even notice or pay attention to the sticker while I was screwing the injector to the wood...

View attachment 69419

And when I took off the sticker to find the USB port, this is what I find....

View attachment 69420

Just a hole. Nothing there to plug into. Little disheartening after waiting this long but not the end of the world I guess. The amp that the good injector was hooked to wouldn't get recognized by the software. I switched amps and got a reading with software.
So, If they don't have a replacement, Guess I'll be like bear, with one amp. Let's see what happens when I ask for a refund.

Sad to hear but don't worry. You anyway only need one amp to use more regulary when measuring. Of course it would be great to have for adjustments while testing... Strange thing.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Yeah I have the same setup as J for my car. As for using the amps that was kind of the question that I floated out there and IBV answered it. I think the main takeaway is the rf linx does not need any other amp added. So going to use the linx on the video side and use just the sunhan on the control side. And not offended by anyone asking questions. I am like you, just stumbling my way through all this.
Thanks Bear. I went back today and read probably over 80 pages combined between this thread and the antenna jungle and realized just how little I know. I make remarks and ask questions mostly trying to figure it out myself. I suppose what was throwing me off in my case, I didn't have another amp to throw into the equation. Wasn't sure if just plugging the antenna straight to the remote, along with the other antenna and amp on the RX side, would benefit me any? Not having other amps, not sure what this would do. I need every comment, so hope I do not offend either. Thanks buddy. Johnny

Reactions: hotashes
You have a PM....
I just got back from testing that Alien tech amp on my mag. Mount Omnis.
I ran 3 set up's
#1 Alien Tech Amp with Omni's...
Worked great... Surprising little alien guy..lol

#2. Alien Tech on Video side only. Other Omni direct to controller.
Also worked great. Could not tell a difference.

#3. No amp. Both Omni's direct to controller.
Worked 10 times better than ecspected !!
A difference from amped of coarse. Not as much as one would think.
These antennas all by themselves are impressive !!
I would run that RX Linx on the video side and controll direct to omni.
You will like !! :)
By the way. Propgaurds look dumb but are the **** for FPV in the woods..

Turbo out. :)

I probably should have mentioned. This wasn't in the open. I parked in the woods. Video later. It's honey do time :)

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have a PM....
I ran 3 set up's

Glad test went good. Gives me a little more confidence. If I have enough time I'll test more when I get home.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have a PM....
I ran 3 set up's

Glad you got good results with your setup. Which Omni's are you using? I know I could look back in this thread and see, but I am to lazy for that. Also how far out from the antennas are you going? Last, how much and what cables are between you and the antennas?

Glad you got good results with your setup. Which Omni's are you using? I know I could look back in this thread and see, but I am to lazy for that. Also how far out from the antennas are you going? Last, how much and what cables are between you and the antennas?

L Com 8.5 Dbi Omni, mounted directly to an outdoor RF Linx Amp, 10 ft of LMR-400 to a 12 volt Injector. From there i run 10 ft of Ultra Flex LRM-195 to the controller.
That's my not so portable home set up. :) I do take it portable though. It's a work in progress.
What i tested this morning was very portable.
A battery/amp combo, from Alien Tech, mounted to the controller. I use the same L Com Omni's screwed to L Com Magnetic bases with 10ft of LMR-195 with SMA RP connectors
.The Magnetic base cable hooks to the amp out or the controller.
I can go farther than my battery or ba*#s care too. lol
These systems are built more for penetration than distance, Though both are similar in a way. For me, tree penetration, some it's penetrating in WiFI congestion.

Last edited:
L Com 8.5 Dbi Omni, mounted directly to an outdoor RF Linx Amp, 10 ft of LMR-400 to a 12 volt Injector. From there i run 10 ft of Ultra Flex LRM-195 to the controller.
That's my not so portable home set up. :) I do take it portable though. It's a work in progress.
What i tested this morning was very portable.
A battery/amp combo, from Alien Tech, mounted to the controller. I use the same L Com Omni's screwed to L Com Magnetic bases with 10ft of LMR-195 with SMA RP connectors
.The Magnetic base cable hooks to the amp out or the controller.
I can go farther than my battery or ba*#s care too. lol
These systems are built more for penetration than distance, Though both are similar in a way. For me, tree penetration, some it's penetrating in WiFI congestion.
Thank you for the information on what you are using. I have the L com as well, but have not had a chance to try it out of the car. I do did a quick little distance test which I stay at 200' or so and just had the antennas sitting on my deck basically. I to use amps, sunhan. And I have a few little trees a little ways behind my house and I still got out to 11'000'.

Reactions: Turbomania
@turbo.. how about an alien vs rf linx test

LOL, Talk about bring a knife to a gun fight ;)
I was going to run the RF Linx too yesterday but ran out of time.
Not same day, but i have ran them in the same spot, there is a difference, just not major like one would think. On paper these RF Linx are 20 times the amp the cheaper amps are. Me thinks you can only cram so much signal into a wooded area. It's been said. it's not all about power output/received when playing this game. o_O

Thank you for the information on what you are using. I have the L com as well, but have not had a chance to try it out of the car. I do did a quick little distance test which I stay at 200' or so and just had the antennas sitting on my deck basically. I to use amps, sunhan. And I have a few little trees a little ways behind my house and I still got out to 11'000'.
Nice !!! at 200' too, gota like that.

LOL, Talk about bring a knife to a gun fight ;)
I was going to run the RF Linx too yesterday but ran out of time.
Not same day, but i have ran them in the same spot, there is a difference, just not major like one would think. On paper these RF Linx are 20 times the amp the cheaper amps are. Me thinks you can only cram so much signal into a wooded area. It's been said. it's not all about power output/received when playing this game. o_O
Lol.. figured you'd like that

So I got into the rf linx amps today and there is no USB cable in the box. Not sure what end it takes. Little help?

USB mini
upload_2016-11-28_21-1-15.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys wasn't sure it looked bigger than that. I didn't have one laying around of course cause that would be to easy.

Legit question..
Is it possible..
Could you..
Would you even want or need to..
Tie 2 different types of antennas together? Such as..
Stock + L-coms.. or
L-coms + DBS

Just wondering if it's possible.. Or even a switch of some sort to switch from one to another even.?

Directional + Omni.??

Be cool to have back-up of a directional if your not pointed right, or if your coming over top of your head you wouldn't have to point the remote upwards.. bla bla Just random thoughts this morning.

Johnny[emoji41]

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94