Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Thanks for the advice. Some of it is a little over my head, but I think I have the basic understanding. I am using 50' of the lmr and then going to try two 10' lengths of rg58 just cause I have it on hand. If I lose to much signal with the rg 58 then I will buy something else. I also already have the sunhan amps attached to my remote. Hope they will pick up the slack on the control side.
Just use both sunhans until you get both LTX's. I'm pretty sure that's what Jeremiah was using in his car set-up getting 20,000'+.
Not trying to speak out of place but wouldn't it be better to keep the amps matched?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Just use both sunhans until you get both LTX's. I'm pretty sure that's what Jeremiah was using in his car set-up getting 20,000'+.
Not trying to speak out of place but wouldn't it be better to keep the amps matched?

Yeah I have the same setup as J for my car. As for using the amps that was kind of the question that I floated out there and IBV answered it. I think the main takeaway is the rf linx does not need any other amp added. So going to use the linx on the video side and use just the sunhan on the control side. And not offended by anyone asking questions. I am like you, just stumbling my way through all this.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Yeah I have the same setup as J for my car. As for using the amps that was kind of the question that I floated out there and IBV answered it. I think the main takeaway is the rf linx does not need any other amp added. So going to use the linx on the video side and use just the sunhan on the control side. And not offended by anyone asking questions. I am like you, just stumbling my way through all this.

This should work Bear. Like you said Jeremiah was using an amp just on the video side.
Anyone heard from that guy ?? I PM'd him... nothing..

No need to match the amps.- at least my tests shown that one Sunhans on Tx and 2400LTX on Rx is working. 2LTX is perfect though..

Ok, with everything out of the box's finally, I realized I have a power supply missing from one box. But luckily, I looked around the house and found a 12v 2.0A supply. This should work until i get my battery pack that will power both injectors.

My question, should the amps be powered first before firing up the RC and the bird? Or the other way around? I don't want to fry nothing. I think from factory gain is preset to max so I want to make sure the first time firing these baby's up is safe.

Last edited:
Turbo, few pages back, you mentioned 20 on RX and 10 on TX. This still what you're running with the Omni's?

Ok, with everything out of the box's finally, I realized I have a power supply missing from one box. But luckily, I looked around the house and found a 12v 2.0A supply. This should work until i get my battery pack that will power both injectors.

My question, should the amps be powered first before firing up the RC and the bird? Or the other way around? I don't want to fry nothing. I think from factory gain is preset to max so I want to make sure the first time firing these baby's up is safe.

Amps first...;-)

Amps first, good. I can turn gain down first before powering everything else. Am I worrying to much? Lol Guess you can tell I'm excited. First day, first tryout. Only problem is, in the neighborhood I've got one path over my neighbors property, the rest I won't fly around and probably all have WiFi. Didn't really have much problems stock, but probably will have now. We'll see.

Wife is loving me right now! [emoji16] Actually she hasn't said a word. At-a-girl!

1480174098177.jpg

Oh, I have different cables to try out. I went this way first, total 15' of lmr195. I have also got cables for a direct mount antenna to amp w/lmr400 for amp to injectors. I can't mount in the car yet.. power supply...

Turbo, few pages back, you mentioned 20 on RX and 10 on TX. This still what you're running with the Omni's?

I turn down the RX gain from 20 to 12, The TX I leave at 3.98 Watts.
It won't hurt anything if you don't, I just picked up a bunch of WiFi noise at 20, Smeared the video just a bit.
If you get her fired up, could you take a screen shot of each amp. I only have the TX power slider on 1 amp, IBV explained why but I still don't understand why it doesn't switch amps when I swap cables at the controller..

Here is a link to that post. near the bottom. I posted screen shots
Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

Last edited:
Don't turn on the controller or amps without the antenna attached.
You probably know that. just making sure...

Turbo

Johnny,

I'm a neat FREAK when it comes to wiring. Could you shorten those wires with just one service loop?
Haha.. I am too Boyd! This is a first out of the box temporary setup for today's first power up trial. It will be neatly installed in my vehicle.. I promise. :)

Reactions: BoydBros
Oh, I have different cables to try out. I went this way first, total 15' of lmr195. I have also got cables for a direct mount antenna to amp w/lmr400 for amp to injectors. I can't mount in the car yet.. power supply...

If your car got 12V you can directly connect. The plugs are standard DC plugs.

Reactions: BoydBros
Well, report of how it's going so far. Not so good. I didn't even notice or pay attention to the sticker while I was screwing the injector to the wood...

IMG_20161126_111616810.jpg

And when I took off the sticker to find the USB port, this is what I find....

IMG_20161126_111641364.jpg

Just a hole. Nothing there to plug into. Little disheartening after waiting this long but not the end of the world I guess. The amp that the good injector was hooked to wouldn't get recognized by the software. I switched amps and got a reading with software.
So, If they don't have a replacement, Guess I'll be like bear, with one amp. Let's see what happens when I ask for a refund.

Ends up, I have one good set. If I can't find another, I'll sell to Bear. Seems we have the last two.. lol
Also, one of the power supplies was missing. Didn't know if you caught that. The battery power supply came in just before I took the stuff outside so I just used it.

Only bright side to this, wife is fixing a big deer roast. :)

Last edited:
That stinks, hope a few become available.
Good deal on the Roast !!
Was hoping to junp on here and see you had flown it...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures