Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Heres a link to a video I made a while back, not from the house but gives an idea of what we Kiwis a re up to. Just wish I had more time to edit them better!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also a page from another farmer here Brett Sanders

Heres a link to a video I made a while back, not from the house but gives an idea of what we Kiwis a re up to. Just wish I had more time to edit them better!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also a page from another farmer here Brett Sanders

It seems to work well. The sheeps don't like drones! From inside the house you would need to tune your system to your needs. Do you only fly LOS or are there trees, the hills and other obstacles? What distance? Etc... The Lcom 5 Watt is a goid choice. It's not cheap but given time you save and quality it pays off.

Will be pretty much line of sight, The odd tree here and there, be nice if I could go behind a few hills but don't expect that to happen!

Will be pretty much line of sight, The odd tree here and there, be nice if I could go behind a few hills but don't expect that to happen!
I get around certain hills bubut not all. Depends on the reflections it seems. The amps are helping indeed. It's fun to see how the sheeps react as you approach them.

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
That's the one. Just disconnect the dbs from both amps and plug in the magnetic omnies and enjoy.

Great thread Jeremiah

I'm a new convert and after reading the thread I purchased the MaxxUAV Evolite Kit Plus from Jakes European distributor Frederick. The Sunhan amps appear to be working ok and when using the supplied DBS antenna I get solid blue lights on both amps when connected to my P4 remote.

However, after purchasing the L-Com magnetic omnies you use in your car I only get a blue light on one amp (RH side) the other remains white. Swapping antennas makes no difference. If I connect back to the DBS antenna both lights are blue again. I am now totally confused even though I have read through the thread twice.

When connected to the L-Com antennas should I have both amps showing blue or have I got a faulty amp?

Any help would be appreciated.

Great thread Jeremiah

I'm a new convert and after reading the thread I purchased the MaxxUAV Evolite Kit Plus from Jakes European distributor Frederick. The Sunhan amps appear to be working ok and when using the supplied DBS antenna I get solid blue lights on both amps when connected to my P4 remote.

However, after purchasing the L-Com magnetic omnies you use in your car I only get a blue light on one amp (RH side) the other remains white. Swapping antennas makes no difference. If I connect back to the DBS antenna both lights are blue again. I am now totally confused even though I have read through the thread twice.

When connected to the L-Com antennas should I have both amps showing blue or have I got a faulty amp?

Any help would be appreciated.

That's normal. If you manage to read through this thread fullt there is already info on this.in short: The omni antennas are fine. The dvs antennas also but they seem to "crosstalk". The actual issue is that the Sunhans amps don't display Rx. Only Tx. Further, their trigger point for the Rx and its noise level is at the edge of possibilities. There seem to be quality differences. I got 3 different Sunhans amps, Rf-linx and L-com amps. Another issue is the Cable dampening. You gotta get you Rx side amp close to the antenna . Only then it makes difference. The Sunhans work ok then. If you got trees and obstacles (none LOS operation) you'd need to tune more on the system... Also Europe RC is throttled down...

Will try the l coms next but I've never tried my roof mounted maxxrange 8.5 miles before I turned around. Runnung 2 dgi batteries 5700mah each then x 2 tbs 4000 mah 10c 6s in parallel to each DJI battery. I need a 9000 mah lihv then ditch one of the DJI batteries. 10 miles is my goal.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Reactions: IBV
You want to go for a serious battery mod it seems..:)
There is also a bird side antenna mod. If that P4 thing wouldn't be that small.. It seems there is more place in a matrice 600.. All the mods, antennas, etc together would be worth an upgrade soon..

There is also a bird side antenna mod. If that P4 thing wouldn't be that small.. It seems there is more place in a matrice 600.. All the mods, antennas, etc together would be worth an upgrade soon..

You mean upgrade the m100 to the m600? M600 is just to big for what I do I think.

Also, can you send me a link for the antenna mod for the m100? I need to figure what leg the antenna is in cause a have a bunch of 2.4 stuff laying around.

Also, can you send me a link for the antenna mod for the m100? I need to figure what leg the antenna is in cause a have a bunch of 2.4 stuff laying around.
I meant antenna birdside mod for the P4...
I'll send a link once i get back to Office. Got it in a mail.

With the l-com antennas, do they like channel selection on auto or do they operate better with the channels available in the 32 channel hack?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

With the l-com antennas, do they like channel selection on auto or do they operate better with the channels available in the 32 channel hack?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hard to say but this depends lots on the surrounding usage of the channels by other equipment. Channel 20-22 seems working well for me.

Jeremiah Nelson, I have your l-com setup with amps and was wondering if you are using the stock GL-300C for the 22,000 ' flight? Do you run custom channel and lower your bit rate to 4 or leave it on auto when going for long range? I love this set-up, I've flown from inside the car while my girl drives around town, even through dense urban areas I get great range.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe a little premature and off topic but would an indoor setup work with the Mavic & DJI goggles?

Lol good question! I just came back to post about that issue. I have one on order. I was told it will ship overnight to me next week from Carolina Drones. So if anyone is looking they still have more. But we will see. I see no reason why sma connectors cannot be installed. In fact its the first thing I am doing day one. If it works I will leave one in the house and get another to leave stock.

Reactions: jhax01

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.