Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Why had all you can take? Wires got wrapped around your feet?

Lol.. not having time to fly with all the work and spring/summers things I do. About caught up so game on soon.

Reactions: Turbomania
My Dad just landed his drone on top of a 100ft. fir tree. He took off with a 50% battery and it according to him initiated forced landing. He didn't know what was happening and it came down in the top of the tree where it is now sitting. I plan on going up to his house with mine to "Rescue his with mine. Not looking forward to it. I told him to take mine first and fly up/next to the stranded drone to get recon footage of the situation first so I can plan a strategy. This should be.... fun....(Not really)...

Hate that for pops. Video the recovery... Interested what you'll come up with.

Cool thing about your setup, you don't have to take none of your DBS stuff off your remote.. just unhook DBS antenna cables from the amps, screw in the cables from the L-coms. That's it. No messing with the rpsma on the remote.

Here's the thing, though - I should use some kind of quick-release adapter (like the Amphenols) because SMAs are so fragile...but just one end of one of the Amphenols is $30!!! Anybody have any cheaper solutions?

Yes:
Amazon.com : 2PCS Right Angle 90-Degree Gold Plated RP-SMA Male to RP-SMA Female RF Coaxial Coax Adapter : Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: 2PCS RF connector adapter RP-SMA female to RP-SMA male: Electronics

2Pcs RP-SMA female jack to RP-SMA male Plug RF coaxial adapter connector Wifi | eBay

Just pop these on controller and only connect/disconnect end to antennas/amps. That way you are saving precious cycles that can be used elsewhere.... (Only .25db loss).....
OR.........
Wipe di-electric grease on threaded connectors and wipe clean. This will reduce the wear and tear factor many times.

Gramm, I can't thank you enough for this - ordering now!! I'm sure it will make sense how to hook it all up when they come in. So basically this way I'm only putting wear and tear on these cheaper adapters and not the amps/antenna lines - is that the gist?

Also, sorry for being so dense - do I want the L-Coms with SMA jack ends or SMA plugs? I'm away from my drone or I'd just unscrew one and look...

THANK you!!!

And just to be sure, do I need to order *two* of either of these so I can hook up either my DBS antenna or my L-Coms? I appreciate it SO much...

OK, figured out that I needed the SMA plug L-coms and got them ordered. Getting everything else ordered, but man - the RP-SMA female to RP-SMA male adapters are a $10 part with $25 shipping!! I've been looking for an alternative but it seems it's always RP to non-RP - any brilliant ideas?

Can't wait to get this up and running!! Thanks again for all the help.

Hey all - I've been following this epic thread off and on for what seems like a year! Finally ready to pull the trigger on some of the L-Coms to mount on my truck to do better with my P3P. I've also got the Maxxrange Evolite Kit Plus, so I'm already good with the gold Sunhans amps.

Here's the kicker: there are times when I absolutely have to be able to be mobile on foot, using the DBS-2 panel antenna. So, I do need to be able to swap back and forth between the L-Coms and the panel antenna. I know that SMAs are fragile and finnicky and connecting/disconnecting them a lot will cause issues.

So - is there any better way for me to do this than get the L-Coms with SMA jack ends (is that right?) and pony up the big bucks for Amphenol QMA adapters so I can quickly and securely go from one to the other?

Many thanks, all - can't wait to get this setup live!
A known issue indeed.. With many solutions. I often change from car to home to mobile with dbs02 and also tripod. Sometimes Sunhans, mostly Rf)lunx amps.
I got the connectors at the bottom front of the RC. It gives less stress on the RC chassis, balances better and is out of way when fast changing between the setups. I got a 2nd RC with N male pigtails out.SMA is rather irksome in the field...

And just to be sure, do I need to order *two* of either of these so I can hook up either my DBS antenna or my L-Coms? I appreciate it SO much...
2 are needed. And yes, this method reduces the times connected to the harder to replace internal cable connectors.

My preliminary drone rescue grapple hook design. I will be testing it out with a flying phantom.

Many thanks, Gramm - do I need to order two of everything or just one part in particular?
Two antenna connections= 2 of everything they get connected to, two, too.........

Sorry, I realized I've not been clear. These do come in packs of 2 and of course there is both a receive and a transmit antenna. What I'm wondering is do I need two sets (of two) of any of these in order to be able to easily connect to two different antenna systems? So basically, which parts of this stay connected to the amp side and which stay connected to the antenna side?

Thanks again!

Sorry, I realized I've not been clear. These do come in packs of 2 and of course there is both a receive and a transmit antenna. What I'm wondering is do I need two sets (of two) of any of these in order to be able to easily connect to two different antenna systems? So basically, which parts of this stay connected to the amp side and which stay connected to the antenna side?

Thanks again!
IF the page states (2), then you'll only need one set.

But I've been know to "overbuy" and now I'm up to my armpits in adapters......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl