Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Tried to fly today and my bird would not connect to the app. Not sure what is going on. Never had this issue before. Thought maybe my antennas on the roof was damaged so hooked up panel antenna and still nothing.

Tried to fly today and my bird would not connect to the app. Not sure what is going on. Never had this issue before. Thought maybe my antennas on the roof was damaged so hooked up panel antenna and still nothing.
Have you recently modded the controller connections?

Try re-linking. If that doesn't work, see my video:

Reactions: JohnnyB
Thanks. Yeah that's the thing. I have not done anything to it or the app since the last time I flew. Now I have updated the bird, reloaded the app, and restarted my tablet still nothing. Will try the re link thing next. Have to look that up, been to long since I messed with that.

Just hooking/unhooking can sever the cable inside the controller if the base of the adapter wasnt FULLY tight and seated. You may not notice it spinning when disconnecting the externals.

Also, uninstalling the app leaves files left over. Search for any DJI files and delete them. (That will delete settings too).

Thanks. Yeah that's the thing. I have not done anything to it or the app since the last time I flew. Now I have updated the bird, reloaded the app, and restarted my tablet still nothing. Will try the re link thing next. Have to look that up, been to long since I messed with that.
Linking: P3

Linking: P4

Thanks for all the help guys and suggestions. I got my hands on a extra tablet today and it worked just fine. Not sure why my other tablet quit working cuz nothing has changed with it either. Oh well at least I know it's not something wrong with my bird. I got lucky and was able to get a test flight in before all the storms roll in for the next week.

Latest flights. Putting the amps direct out to antennas really does the trick.

OK, I've read through 14 pages. And there's just no way I'm going to get through 104 pages. But Yes, Jeremiah definitely seems to be The Man.

I'm a newbie, and I have very little understanding of all the techie side of what you guys are talking about. I recently purchased my first big drone, a P4P.

I see everyone talking about 2.4ghz, but doesnt it switch between 2.4 and 5.8? I'm not looking at getting way more range than I already get, but I'd love to fly from my car, and put on some external antennas. What's the simplest way to do this. I love what you guys are doing, and maybe one day I will get that far, but for now I just want simple.

Any suggestions?

OK, I've read through 14 pages. And there's just no way I'm going to get through 104 pages. But Yes, Jeremiah definitely seems to be The Man.

I'm a newbie, and I have very little understanding of all the techie side of what you guys are talking about. I recently purchased my first big drone, a P4P.

I see everyone talking about 2.4ghz, but doesnt it switch between 2.4 and 5.8? I'm not looking at getting way more range than I already get, but I'd love to fly from my car, and put on some external antennas. What's the simplest way to do this. I love what you guys are doing, and maybe one day I will get that far, but for now I just want simple.

Any suggestions?
For running external antennas you'll need to install this first:
DJI - Clean Install Kit
Then you will be able to attach any SMA type cable to an external.
This is one antenna for the P4P although sold out they'll be back in stock soon most likely:
ItElite - Range Booster (Phantom 4 Pro / Inspire 2)

Last edited:
This is what is involved with modifying the controller connections. It is easier than it sounds. Just take care and do it slow:

This is what is involved with modifying the controller connections. It is easier than it sounds. Just take care and do it slow:

I'd rather not void the warranty, which i'm sure opening the remote up would do. Why cant I just connect to where the antenna's screw in?

Also, again, for the ARGtek unit, why do I have to swap between 2.4 and 5.8 antenna's? when the factory ones seem to do both?

I apologize for how naive these questions must be. But thank you for humoring me thus far.

If you want to keep your warranty intact you will need to purchase a second controller to modify with screw type antenna connectors.
The stock antenna's don't screw in.
I am not familiar with 2.4/5.8 switching on the P4P. On the P4 we only use 2.4 Ghz...

I am not sure of the method DJI used for stock antenna base connection housing to controller. How ever the mod cables link I sent and use myself , if you do it right won't void the warranty as you could replace the stock ones (If you don't break them) back into the controller and DJI will not be aware of the mod. You MUST be extremely careful of the thin data ribbons inside the controller. There are no replacements available for those.

Just wanted to share my brainstorm idea for mounting the L-comm antenna to the roof with the ability to move them to different locations freely. I found these roof truss mounts (home depot) then attached a 40LB 1"x2" magnet worked perfectly...

Attachments

• 20170507_081218.jpg
    20170507_081218.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 290
  • 20170507_085043.jpg
    20170507_085043.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 291
  • 20170507_081209.jpg
    20170507_081209.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 249
  • 20170507_085124.jpg
    20170507_085124.jpg