Flying At Night ?

Yes. Slide it on keeping the wires to the left so they don't interfere with the battery. The battery should slide in just as it had before. You shouldn't have any problems and I've never heard of anybody reporting problems when using this kind of light connection.

However, my own head lamp became intermittent after six months. I couldn't figure out where the weak connection was so I just removed it all.

Reactions: Pete Leare
If you don't care about multi-colors and just want blue and not add any extra weight with a power supply then these will suffice. Exact one that is pictured in my Avatar pic! It says for Professional and Advanced but it fit my P3S just fine. Powers up through the two prong battery terminals like some others have stated here.

Amazon.com : DJI Phantom 3 Pro (Professional) and Advanced LED Head Light + LED Decoration Night Flight Light Strip (Blue) Koozam Products (ONLY FOR PHANTOM 3 SERIES) : Camera & Photo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So the thin terminal for the battery slips through an air vent on the side and then just slips over the battery terminals correct? Do you really have to solder it or is a slip fit okay? Also does the extra thickness of the terminal effect the 'snugness' of the battery when inserted?

No need to solder the slip fit works great and makes for a solid connection. Also the one I posted allows you to disconnect it from the outside of the drone which is a slip on and off power connector so you don't have to take the wire off the battery charging terminals anytime you don't want to use the lights. Battery still fits like a glove, no snugness issues...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pete Leare
yes just slips over nice think about mine can turn off or on plus all the different things I can due with colors weight doesn't matter bird cant tell its on there plus also have trackimo on mine so weight is no issue

yes just slips over nice think about mine can turn off or on plus all the different things I can due with colors weight doesn't matter bird cant tell its on there plus also have trackimo on mine so weight is no issue

Does the power supply that you strap on not have a heft to it? Looks like it would

what is heft

I think one of the reasons the FAA doesn't like night flying is most UAVS are invisible at night when looking down at them.
Not sure about that one. I figure it's believed that the drone operator can't see obstacles and that depth perception is impaired. I fly a lot at night and I certainly prefer it over daytime. I make sure I know the area I'm flying and I'm 100% of the time high enough not to be concerned with obstacles. At night, I see all things coming my way up there and I can keep my bird in sight much easier as well. If anything, more dopes should be banned from daytime flying than nighttime, lol. I have to do a bit more testing but I'm finding the polar pro LED kit is excellent for lights on the bird. I put mine on with the red side in front and turned the phantom red lights off. Plenty of light to me. But not to allow night flights is just wrong if you ask me. In every way it's easier for the drone pilot to see what's really going on in the sky.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
Hmmm Polar Pro told me that they couldn't be switched around.
I'd rather have the red in front too.
Why didn't they just have it be the same colors as the phantom?
Or even make it so you can choose different colors.

Any issues with GPS with the PP?

I'm a little worried about soldering my P3A so I might just go with the PP's for now but dang some of those setups look great!

Thanks for your help with this! I connected my led strip adapter cable to the battery terminals last night as you suggested - no problems, and only took a minute. However, I did not attach the actual LEDs to the body perimeter yet. I'm concerned that the adhesive backing is not strong enough and will work loose.... Velcro? Rubber bands?
Also, with these attached I'm thinking the P3 will not fit into my backpack case without some 'adjustments'. Anyway I'll have a play around and see what works.

Flying at night makes other craft more visible, and sure, the screen is far easier to see.
But night flying makes trees and power lines invisible. It is essential to know the area you are flying in really well so that you can avoid obstructions that are no longer visible when the sunsets.

There was an Inspire last summer that went for a night flight here in Seattle and tangled itself in power lines 100 feet above the floating homes on Lake Union. For a week it was there, sizzling away as power passed through it, causing intermittent brown outs in the power grid. It was finally removed a week later at a cost of $30,000 to $35,000! Pilot was never found. However now with FAA registration, that would be a hefty bill to be facing as a consequence of your night flight (not to mention FAA charges for reckless endangerment).
Wayward drone tangles with Seattle high-voltage line
So yeah, know what might be in your flight path and how to avoid it if you fly at night.

I love night flying - I've been tying glow sticks to kites and flying at night for 30 years until drones came along! lol.

that's the reason when you fly at night keep it high in the sky wont hit anything also you can use some clear scotch tape around lights if needed to hold them on better mine never did come off plus fit in case without any modding

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl