First crash - Looking for replacement parts

Reaction score
Learned my lesson the hard way today, but I now have a great feeling of what "too much wind" feels like. I knew I shouldn't have taken off, but figured I could handle it, wanted to show a friend before heading back home after a long weekend. Big gust of wind and smack into a tree before I could even react.

I think I lucked out overall, the repairs look like they 'could' be quite simple. I need a new gimbal mounting plate, and the wire harnesses. The gimbal itself and camera seem to be in working order, but I won't know until I can fire things up.

I've spent some time trying to find a decent online vendor for parts and had no luck. A few on Amazon, but shipping and handling said it could take up to a month for them to arrive and I'm too impatient.

Hoping people can recommend a solid online distributor for these parts.

Attachments

• IMG_8348.JPG
    IMG_8348.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 551
Which parts are you having trouble finding?

FYI, most of the replacement parts can be found here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lefty63
Just switch the plastic clips to the opposite side from where it broke and use gorilla glue on the mount. Then plug the camera back in and make sure it works. That's how I fixed mine in minutes, then I ordered the cf mount from China for next time.

Amazon.com: Yosoo Carbon Fiber Camera Anti Vibration Damping Plate Mount Absorbing Board for DJI phantom 3 Professional and Advanced: Toys & Games

And after looking, your camera cables pulled apart - Amazon.com : DJI Part 42 Cable Set for Phantom 3 Quadcopter : Camera & Photo

The body doesn't look bad and from the pic, the camera looks like it survived. A new led cover isn't going to stop you from flying. Basically just the ribbon pack and some glue. Then test the p3 before you buy any parts that are working fine.

You should throw away the props and put your spare set on, unscrew the camera mount to glue it and while the camera is off, fire it up as is and see if she still flies. You can fly just fine without a camera. Test it w/o props first and if she fires then try a flight. The P3 is a lot more nimble without the camera and you can really get some speed out of her when flying bare bones, the weight of the camera makes a noticeable difference.

Last edited:
I had a crash a week or so ago, and the damage was pretty much identical to yours. Bird/bat strike

I bought the cable set and anti-vibration plate from B&H Photo Video. They were on my doorstep within three days of placing my order.

Be warned that replacing the one cable will mean pretty much disassembling the entire aircraft down to the bare shell. BUT, your cable can be repaired. The ends of the wires are tinned with solder, which makes them stiff enough to push back into the holes on the connector, where they sort of lock into place. I chose to do that instead of the complete disassembly required to replace it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Oh, and the LED cover is going to be very hard to find. Nobody sells them. I lost one shortly after I got my P3A, and ended up buying a used one from some place for like $10. I will see if I can find a link to the site if you would like. He may have another one to sell.

Wow, amazing tips. I feel kind of sheepish for not finding these parts last night, but I did look, I promise. I ordered everything off of Amazon as I have a prime account, so we'll see.

I have the LED cover in my car, I didn't realize what it was until you guys pointed out it was missing.

I also think I'll try to see if I can't stick the wires back in as someone else suggested, sounds easier than replacing the cables.

I'll update things once my parts arrive early this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18