Limp Gimbal

Reaction score
My P4 standard has a limp gimbal and shows video feed but is non-responsive. It doesn't do the startup sweep but shows as connected on the GO4 app. It was damaged when I put an approved lens filter on it for a flight and hasn't worked since then. Could this be the flex cable, or the motors on the arm? I've read it may possibly be the board on the gimbal arm. Is this something that is relatively simple to replace myself if not what should I expect on cost for repair and/ or parts?

Thanks,
Rob

Could be the tilt motor or the board, both available on ebay and fairly easy to replace. Watch youtube vids for how too. You might see how others fixed the problem too.

Could be the tilt motor or the board, both available on ebay and fairly easy to replace. Watch youtube vids for how too. You might see how others fixed the problem too.
Thank you for the reply! The board looks like it's super easy to fix, not sure about the motor but I'll check it out on youtube. Which one should I replace first?

Thank you for the reply! The board looks like it's super easy to fix, not sure about the motor but I'll check it out on youtube. Which one should I replace first?
Just a guess but tilt motor first. Attaches behind camera. The other board works yaw and roll. Watch some vids beforehand.
@Droneted might have more on this topic if he pops in.

The board on the back of the Yaw are could be the issue. The only issue you may have after replacing it is the yaw may not point straight ahead. I don't think the filter had anything to do with it. I do repair these if you are interested. Not terribly expensive

Reactions: Capt KO
Just a guess but tilt motor first. Attaches behind camera. The other board works yaw and roll. Watch some vids beforehand.
@Droneted might have more on this topic if he pops in.
I replaced the
The board on the back of the Yaw are could be the issue. The only issue you may have after replacing it is the yaw may not point straight ahead. I don't think the filter had anything to do with it. I do repair these if you are interested. Not terribly expensive
I replaced the board no improvement. I ordered a flex cable idk if that would help. Is there a way to know which or the motors would need replaced? How much is your charge to repair?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl