can ripped gimbal roll motor's coil damage the roll board? (P3P)

Reaction score
Hello, I have a broken gimbal, while i was trying to fix it I accidentlly plugged the flex cable upside down and the flex cable's isolation burned. I found out roll motor's coil is ripped (i think it ripped because i plugged the flex wrong way). I unplugged the motor from the board and I plugged the board to the flex without the motor and it worked and I plugged the motor back and flex cable burned again. My question is can ripped gimbal roll motor's coil damage the roll board? I bought new flex cable and motor but im scared to plug the motor and the board to the flex cable maybe it burn again.

and i measured the ohm of the roll motor's pot and it shows so much ohm, i measured the ohm of the pitch board's pot it shows 3~ ohm. is it means the roll board is damaged?

(If you needed i can send photos of the board or motor)

By plugging the cable reverted you might've fried every chip on the board. Though you likely only fried one, the one which got 12V instead of control signal (dji-firmware-tools wiki suggests this board gets 12V in). No control input would withstand that voltage.

> i measured the ohm of the pitch board's pot

Why? That's one of a few elements you probably didn't burned. Carbon pots do not go down with resistance if burned. I will let you figure out yourself why two pots (or even one pot) can measure different values of resistance.

Anyway, to avoid frying anything more, you should measure resistances on power inputs of all chips and on the MOSFETs.

You can also power on the board from external supply, if you'll figure out where the 12V is on the flex - I don't see pinout on dji-firmware-tools. Just don't short anything on the flex, or you will fry all the remaining boards.

EDIT:
Actually, while there's no pinout, there is a clean board photo without chips. Based on it, by connecting backwards, you've shorted 12V to GND - so nothing should be fried on the board. Well you did shorted CANH and CANL to 12V as well, but the real voltage there probably didn't reached dangerous levels, as your short to ground was quite firm.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl