Firmware upgrade for H3-2D

havasuphoto said:
shortyuk said:
cant believe dji get this sort of thing so wrong, was there any release notes to say you must update the rc first.My gimbal was a bit iffy since the 1.06 update to be honest
Yes, it was right in the release notes with instructions, specifically to update the remote first!!! Then calibrate the remote, then do the firmware.

I got lucky with that. I saw the upgrades available in the Phantom 2 Assistant software then applied them. There was no warning that the transmitter also needed to be upgraded ; I came across the release notes when browsing the website and then did the transmitter flash and calibration, then checked the calibration using the Assistant software afterwards. Fortunately despite having done it in the wrong order, nothing broke.

I'm glad I read all the posts before I did this upgrade to my new P2 that I just got Friday . Mine is working good now. I'm going to put the gimbal on tomorrow and forget about the upgrades for now , since it's flying good.

adam12hicks said:
Got mine fixed. Had to hook the remote up USB, go back into RC assistant and calibrate. On step where it tells you to rotate the sticks through all positions, do that and them use a screwdriver to rotate the X1 level min to Max back and forth before telling it finish. That fixed my problem. From there I unplugged and reassembled the remote, then went into the NAzA software with my phantom powered and plugged in USB, and ran the Basic / RC / X1 calibrate to teach it the new range given the remote gimbal lever in place. All set now.

This worked for me! Thanks! I think it was the rotating the potentiometer from end to end (i did it with case open) that did it. Smooth as new now.
Thanks Adam.

Has anyone found a solution to the gimbal going totally limp after upgrading the firmware? I followed all the steps but now my PT2 assistant shows no firmware installed and it fails every time I try to upgrade the firmware to v1.8.

So frustrated! Should've just left it as it was but now I have no working gimbal!

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm in NZ so sending it back for service is a major.

same issue here. read all the forums, did the calibration on the RC, but the upgrade for IMU firmware fails every time.

Man that sucks.... I'm still trying to resolve the issue. On hold to DJi North America now, expensive phone call - hope it works!!!!

This is so confusing.

If I buy a new Phantom 2, is there any way to do the necessary PHANTOM updates while skipping the ZENMUSE updates that are causing people so many problems? If so, how to do one without the other?

Took an hour to get through by phone to DJI. While waiting I combed the forums for all the known "solutions" but none worked for me (took RC apart, reuploaded software to it, calibrated X1 with screwdriver etc. but firmware 1.8 to gimbal failed over and over again). DJI didnt offer any over the phone solutions, just wanted me to ship them the gimbal and RC to office in LA. They acknowledged it was an issue but didnt sound like they had a easy remedy. Got an RMA by email and sent it out yesterday. At my expense! This was brand new out of the box and never flown. So now I sit and wait to see how long it takes to get back. Silly when you think about how easy a firmware upgrade should be.

I had a crash and now I cant get full tilt up anyone have any suggestions on calibration of the gimbal ? everything works fine just wont come up quite as far as it did before crash and it goes past 90 looking down

Still having enormous problems with my Phantom 2 following upgrade to firmware 2.0 - which I suspect is due to upgrading the aircraft firmware at the same time as upgrading the RC (and probably not helped by trying it on both Mac and the Windows version running on Parallels on the Mac). All I want to do now is wipe (or rollback) the firmware and start again. Does anyone have any ideas?? I note that it used to be possible to do this on the Phantom 1 last year through a back door - but the username and password is either invalid for the Phantom 2 or has been changed. Very grateful for any steers.......

PS - not sure if this is related to my previous post, but in the PH2 Assistant, on the titlebar running along the top I have "DJI PHANTOM 2" and the two toggle boxes toggle between "Phantom" and "Naza-M". Should "Phantom" read 'Phantom 2", and if so could it be that the PH2 Assistant is recognising my aircraft incorrectly??

Many thanks to all those who have helped me trying to resolve my issue of aircraft not starting up on CFC which I suspected was due to a problem with the link between RC and aircraft. It was - but solving the issue with the PH2 assistant, recalibrating the RC, recalibrating the IMU and compass did not help. I referred to DJI, who were both prompt and very helpful, and sent over the following remedy to manually recalibrate the transmitter:

ResizeImage.aspx

frogster said:
PS - not sure if this is related to my previous post, but in the PH2 Assistant, on the titlebar running along the top I have "DJI PHANTOM 2" and the two toggle boxes toggle between "Phantom" and "Naza-M". Should "Phantom" read 'Phantom 2", and if so could it be that the PH2 Assistant is recognising my aircraft incorrectly??

PS This problem still persists - I am sure that PH2 should have "Phantom 2" in the toggle box, and I can set only two positions for the gimbal using the gimbal slide lever - up (horizontal) or fully down. Connected? I suspect so. Ideas?? Very welcome. I have already tried recalibrating using the PH2 Assistant.....

As a follow up...4 weeks later still no response from DJI other that in an email that it was "sent to Repair Dept" on Apr 4.

Update Part 2:

Here's some stellar customer service for you—"stop bothering us, we're busy". They received my "unit" on March 26.

Your unit has been received and logged into the system. The repair department is currently backed up and we should be working on your unit within the next 1-2 weeks. Should any issues arise or if we need you to make a payment prior to repairing, we will notify you via this ticket. Please note that if your unit is still within the current turnaround time frame (this varies); please do not contact us for a status update as this can impact repair time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Francisco T.
DJI Repair Team

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor