Firmware upgrade for H3-2D

Reaction score
Early this morning I saw new firmware v. 1.8 for H3-2D gimbal.

Date:
H3-2D Firmware Version:

IMU: GCU: CMU:

H3-2D Assistant Software Version: H3-2D User Manual Version:

January 9, 2014

1.8 1.6 1.0 1.02 1.16

Now it's gone. Any ideas?

I tried this firmware update, it now my H3-2D is not controlled by the controller, if that makes sense. It only faces downward. I have emailed DJI, since its stupid they do not have a phone number to call for tech support, and see what they say.

Did you first update the RC with the RC Assistant (not the Phantom 2 Assistant)? There is a warning in the instructions stating that the controller must be upgraded first.

I might have the same problem. I used the RC Assistant and updated my remote firmware, and afterwards my X1 controller is haywire. I can't get it to calibrate or work correctly. I've been messing with it all night :-(

It worked FINE before the upgrade. I only performed the upgrade because I have a new Zenmuse coming TOMORROW for my 1.1.1 Phantom 2 and wanted to ensure everything was ready for it.

So now I'm sure that if I install the gimbal, it will go nuts until this is fixed. So frustrated.

rmklaw said:
Did you first update the RC with the RC Assistant (not the Phantom 2 Assistant)? There is a warning in the instructions stating that the controller must be upgraded first.

You are completely right, I did the Phantom update first and I am sure that was what caused all my problems. I do not remember seeing the warning, but I completely trust you that it was there, I was just in a hurry.

Thanks for the post

Got mine fixed. Had to hook the remote up USB, go back into RC assistant and calibrate. On step where it tells you to rotate the sticks through all positions, do that and them use a screwdriver to rotate the X1 level min to Max back and forth before telling it finish. That fixed my problem. From there I unplugged and reassembled the remote, then went into the NAzA software with my phantom powered and plugged in USB, and ran the Basic / RC / X1 calibrate to teach it the new range given the remote gimbal lever in place. All set now.

adam12hicks said:
I might have the same problem. I used the RC Assistant and updated my remote firmware, and afterwards my X1 controller is haywire. I can't get it to calibrate or work correctly. I've been messing with it all night :-(

It worked FINE before the upgrade. I only performed the upgrade because I have a new Zenmuse coming TOMORROW for my 1.1.1 Phantom 2 and wanted to ensure everything was ready for it.

So now I'm sure that if I install the gimbal, it will go nuts until this is fixed. So frustrated.

Believe me I feel your pain! As the previous post said, you have to do the RC update first or it will not calibrate right. I can only tell you what I did to fix mine.

I have a laptop that had none of the assistants or drivers installed on them. I installed the drivers, then both assistants on the laptop

I then (not knowing it needed to be done first, just lucky) updated the RC from the "DJI Phantom RC Assistant". It will show you have the current version but re-install it. Then I calibrated the RC in the "DJI Phantom RC Assistant"

Then I re-installed the Phantom and Zenmuse updates from the "DJI Phantom 2 Assistant"

Then I calibrated everything in the "DJI Phantom 2 Assistant"

One note, when you calibrate the X1 move the X1 lever REALLY SLOW!!

Hope it works out for you!!

OK, I see now where there is a new firmware update, from version 1.60 to 1.80. BUT, there are no notes anywhere?
what am I missing here?
Before I crack the case on my Phantom to plug into the GCU to update my firmware-what exactly does 1.80 "fix"??
Thanks

EDIT; nm, I found the "notes". It basically says; "optimized user experience when using Phantom 2 remote control and Zenmuse H3-2D pitch controller.

SO, my question to the Phantom 1 drivers out there is this; have you upgraded your Phantom 1 to 1.80, AND, if so, does it slow down, the tilt speed, or enable it's adjustment speed in the Naza-M Assistant? Has the start/stop of the tilt's jerkyness been fixed?

I NEED HELP!!

I upgraded my Phantom 2 with zenmuse (which was working perfectly fine) to 1.08.

I then saw that my gimbal IMU was available to update. I clicked update and EVERY SINGLE TIME it fails. Not only that but now my gimbal is totally limp!!

I guess I should have updated the TX first. I now know that from reading these forums. But I feel screwed cause I have no idea what happened...or how to fix it. The gimbal doesn't work at all now. It just dangles there...hopeless. :cry:

Please help :cry:

ultramaze said:
I NEED HELP!!

I upgraded my Phantom 2 with zenmuse (which was working perfectly fine) to 1.08.

I then saw that my gimbal IMU was available to update. I clicked update and EVERY SINGLE TIME it fails. Not only that but now my gimbal is totally limp!!

I guess I should have updated the TX first. I now know that from reading these forums. But I feel screwed cause I have no idea what happened...or how to fix it. The gimbal doesn't work at all now. It just dangles there...hopeless. :cry:

Did you reset the power? It took me several "tries" to get the GCU updated on my Phantom 1.
BUT, I'm not touching this firmware upgrade until someone with a Phantom 1.00 and a GCU does the update first, and tells me exactly what it does in that situation.
I feel your pain.....good luck.

In my situation, I have to take all the screws out of the Phantom 1, to plug the micro-USB into the GCU for the upgrade-so it's a major PITA. And, last time, I had to take the aircraft apart 3 times-just to confirm something. So, I'm sitting this one out for a bit.

I wish I was wise like you and waited and just kept the default firmware. It was working fine until i updated it. I feel so screwed. BOO!

ultramaze said:
I wish I was wise like you and waited and just kept the default firmware. It was working fine until i updated it. I feel so screwed. BOO!
Don't feel bad. I made the mistake of upgrading from 1.40, without waiting....big mistake!!!! I'm stuck with 1.60 for now.
BUT, I'm not taking my Phantom apart again, for 1.80, until someone else with a 1.0X does it first, and reports back.
I'm watching 2 threads on different forums....so, I'm gonna sit this one out for awhile.

Also-I use the Futaba T8J radio, and it's VR Knob to control my tilt....so, I'm not sure yet how that factors into the equation. I have yet to find anywhere, where I can adjust the sensitivity of that knob on my remote........

ultramaze said:
I NEED HELP!!

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. Failure trying to upgrade the gimbal IMU to 1.08 and a completely unresponsive gimbal. I've tried re-upgrading all the other components, which works fine, but still no luck upgrading the Gimbal IMU. Were you able to solve this issue?

bitboy said:
ultramaze said:
I NEED HELP!!

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. Failure trying to upgrade the gimbal IMU to 1.08 and a completely unresponsive gimbal. I've tried re-upgrading all the other components, which works fine, but still no luck upgrading the Gimbal IMU. Were you able to solve this issue?

I haven't figured it out yet. I emailed DJI directly and am just waiting for a response from them. I took my gimbal off and the Phantom 2 still flys great, so I am enjoying that for now until I fix the gimbal issue....Ill keep you posted as soon as it gets solved...

havasuphoto said:
ultramaze said:
Don't feel bad. I made the mistake of upgrading from 1.40, without waiting....big mistake!!!! I'm stuck with 1.60 for now.
BUT, I'm not taking my Phantom apart again, for 1.80, until someone else with a 1.0X does it first, and reports back.
I'm watching 2 threads on different forums....so, I'm gonna sit this one out for awhile.

Also-I use the Futaba T8J radio, and it's VR Knob to control my tilt....so, I'm not sure yet how that factors into the equation. I have yet to find anywhere, where I can adjust the sensitivity of that knob on my remote........

I have a Turnigy 9XR on its way and hoping that it will work fine with it all. What should I do? Just wait around until DJI fixes it?

ultramaze said:
bitboy said:
ultramaze said:
I NEED HELP!!

I haven't figured it out yet. I emailed DJI directly and am just waiting for a response from them. I took my gimbal off and the Phantom 2 still flys great, so I am enjoying that for now until I fix the gimbal issue....Ill keep you posted as soon as it gets solved...

Thanks, Ultramaze. It seems like a bit of a land mine, I can't believe we're the only ones having this problem. Hopefully DJI will release a fix ASAP.

Just incase anyone is interested, I've upgraded two screenshots from the Phantom 2 Assistant software...I've contacted my dealer but no response yet.

Attachments

• p2a.png
    p2a.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 752
  • p2a_fail.png
    p2a_fail.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 669
ultramaze said:
havasuphoto said:
ultramaze said:

I have a Turnigy 9XR on its way and hoping that it will work fine with it all. What should I do? Just wait around until DJI fixes it?
Yep. Or, like me-don't do any firmware upgrades-ever, until you've combed the Forums and made sure that plenty of other people have successfully done the upgrade, and had no issues.
As for your remotes capabilities-I have no clue if that will solve anything. The adjustments to manual X1 tilt speed in the software-do nothing!!!
And, I'm not able to adjust the sensitivity of my VR knob-so I'm stuck with the jerky, fast tilting version 1.60 until???

bitboy said:
ultramaze said:
bitboy said:
Thanks, Ultramaze. It seems like a bit of a land mine, I can't believe we're the only ones having this problem. Hopefully DJI will release a fix ASAP.

Just incase anyone is interested, I've upgraded two screenshots from the Phantom 2 Assistant software...I've contacted my dealer but no response yet.

I have literally the EXACT same issue. Let me know when you find out what the problem is. I contacted DJI two days ago. They haven't responded.

From what I've read, you have to update the remote control on the Phantom 2 first, then go into the software and run a calibration of the X1 channel. After you've updated the remote control, you should be able to upgrade the IMU/GCU.

That's all I've found so far. Not touching this firmware with a 10 foot pole until a Phantom 1.0 driver has tried it.

havasuphoto said:
From what I've read, you have to update the remote control on the Phantom 2 first, then go into the software and run a calibration of the X1 channel. After you've updated the remote control, you should be able to upgrade the IMU/GCU.

That's all I've found so far. Not touching this firmware with a 10 foot pole until a Phantom 1.0 driver has tried it.

That would be correct. However...bitboy and myself didn't do that and now we are screwed. Hopefully there is some way to correct our mistake. Otherwise I may have to get a new gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20