Firmware upgrade for H3-2D

Nothing yet, I've contacted my dealer (dronefly.com) but they're sort of notoriously slow about responding. As soon as I get any kind of a reply or useful information I'll post it here.

havasuphoto said:
From what I've read, you have to update the remote control on the Phantom 2 first, then go into the software and run a calibration of the X1 channel. After you've updated the remote control, you should be able to upgrade the IMU/GCU.

FWIW I followed this procedure and mine is working fine. I did have to redo the x1 calibration twice to get the travel correct on the gimble... but no issues with updating the firmware.

Good luck...

I heard a rumor that you can downgrade to 1.4 and fix it. Anyone had any luck with that yet? I am going to try that I think

ultramaze said:
I heard a rumor that you can downgrade to 1.4 and fix it. Anyone had any luck with that yet? I am going to try that I think

Ive read the same thing but i have no idea how to downgrade..... the assistant software wont let me do it any pointers?

scoot001 said:
ultramaze said:

Ive read the same thing but i have no idea how to downgrade..... the assistant software wont let me do it any pointers?
The rumor I read was a down grade to 1.0. On the DJI Phantom wiki site is older versions of the assistant software. However, I can't comment on how it's done, nor can I even recommend you try.

scoot001 said:
ultramaze said:

I have a friend who has a Phantom 1. He said he thinks if I plug in my P2 gimbal into his P1 and do a firmware "upgrade" in the assistant software, that it will actually downgrade it for me. He did it before with his P1. I am going to try it out and see what happens. Ill let you know as soon as I know...

I've had some news from the guys I bought my pahntom 2 and gimbal from....

they've spoken to DJI and they have said i could try to downgrade the software. Unfortunately i have no idea how to do it. There isnt an option to do it with the latest phantom assistant.....

Can anyone tell me how to downgrade?

cant believe dji get this sort of thing so wrong, was there any release notes to say you must update the rc first.My gimbal was a bit iffy since the 1.06 update to be honest

shortyuk said:
cant believe dji get this sort of thing so wrong, was there any release notes to say you must update the rc first.My gimbal was a bit iffy since the 1.06 update to be honest
Yes, it was right in the release notes with instructions, specifically to update the remote first!!! Then calibrate the remote, then do the firmware.

ok i couldnt resist it, i have done the update, and to be honest although i havent flown it yet, everything seems spot on, i did have to use the rc assistant a second time though to calibrate x1, after that the gimbal seems ok, and to be honest it seems a massive improvement, the pitch control now is silky smooth and much much slower :)

shortyuk said:
ok i couldnt resist it, i have done the update, and to be honest although i havent flown it yet, everything seems spot on, i did have to use the rc assistant a second time though to calibrate x1, after that the gimbal seems ok, and to be honest it seems a massive improvement, the pitch control now is silky smooth and much much slower :)
And your aircraft model is?

havasuphoto said:
shortyuk said:
And your aircraft model is?
sorry its a phantom 2

by the way when i connected to the phantom 2 software assistant, i didnt see any warning to upgrade the rc first, which is terrible on djis behalf, i did however see a warning in the rc assistant , but whats the point in that ?????????

scoot001 said:

they've spoken to DJI and they have said i could try to downgrade the software. Unfortunately i have no idea how to do it. There isnt an option to do it with the latest phantom assistant.....

At least you heard from your dealer, more than 5 days since I've contacted drone fly, and 4 days since contacting DJI support and no reply yet.

bitboy said:
scoot001 said:

At least you heard from your dealer, more than 5 days since I've contacted drone fly, and 4 days since contacting DJI support and no reply yet.

to be honest i havent heard anything from dji either and its been almost a week now. just lucky my dealer had a telephone number to contact them on i suppose. still havent been able to fix it as yet but after speaking to the dealer im going to take it down to them on thursday and if they cant fix it then they will replace it for me. so ill see how it goes on thursday and let you all know whats happened.

scoot001 said:

I am going to try this soon but apparently if you plug your gimbal into a Phantom 1 and run assistant software and "upgrade" the gimbal...it will actually downgrade it for you. Try that. Let me know if it works

Got tired of waiting for someone with a Phantom 1.2(GCU, IMU, PMU, and iOSD), to update there firmware(IMU 1.8, GCU 1.6). So, I took my aircraft apart, and plugged the micro-usb cable in, and did it.
It works fine. It's must smoother starting and stopping. However, the X1 channels manual sensitivity is still not adjustable in Naza-M.
But, before I upgraded my firmware, I ran Naza-M, and did a manual calibration of the X1 channel. After the firmware upgrade, I again went back in Naza-M and did another manual adjustment of X1.
It's smooth.....it's still not 1.40 smooth...and, it still won't tilt up past horizontal. But, it's a step in the right direction.
Also, the Gimbal still has a "hiccup" every now and then-that just doesn't make sense too me. It's like a "kick", or tic, or sorts.

Hoping for another firmware upgrade soon, to fix that, and to make the tilt even smoother, and give us the ability to rotate the camera up past horizontal(to protect the lens).

I did the 1.8 update last night and it's smooth. It's quicker than the 1.4 I upgraded from and as mentioned it doesn't go past horizontal (that works for me - I don't care to see the props) Have no issues with that or Iosd mini.

bitboy said:
scoot001 said:

So I heard back from the support team at Dronefly (pro tip, if you want support email them at [email protected] and not [email protected], otherwise you won't get a reply). They said they've run into this glitch before and recommend that I send in the gimbal and remote for service. Nothing they could recommend from a self-service perspective.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj