H3-2D gimbal won't point straight down - possibly caused by upgrade/calibration?

Reaction score
All -

I've looked through the various threads in this sub-forum but haven't seen anything that jumps out as what I'm seeing - hopefully someone here will be able to suggest something as I'm at my wits end with this issue.

I purchased a P2 NV (early version) from a coworker that already had the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal installed.

Unfortunately, I crashed it on my 1st flight and have slowly been getting it back together to the condition in which
I got it from him. The last issue remaining is that of the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal - no matter the position of the
gimbal switch on the back of the transmitter/controller, I cannot get it to point straight down - stops approximately 10-20 degrees from it. I suspect the issue started when, in the process of upgrading ALL the
firmware on the RC and P2, I recalibrated the transmitter. If I have the P2 NV connected to the PC and am using the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software version 3.6 OR 3.8, I see the full range of value (+/- 1000) being shown for the X1 channel readout screen - but, the gimbal will not point straight down still - it will tilt up further "above the horizon" than I think it should. I have read that you need to calibrate the gimbal first in the DJI RC assistant software - which I have done, and THEN calibrate it in the DJI P2 Assistant software - however, I cannot find where to do so within that software. The "gimbal" page in that software only corresponds to the H3-D3 model and allegedly has nothing to do with my model.

When I'm calibrating it in the DJI RC assistant software, moving the gimbal lever on the back of the transmitter/controller has it tilting just a small amount and the corresponding X1 channel readout is something along the lines of -47 to 250...instead of the +/- 1000 that you would come to expect...

Any ideas? And no, I would prefer not to upgrade to the H3-3D model....Thanks!

Daniel

Once you have finished calibrating the sticks and X1 in RC software connect the P2 to the assistant software but leave the RC on and calibrate the sticks and X1 in the P2 software. Also make sure all the sticks and X1 are in normal and not in reverse. You should make sure the RC is in Mode 2 before disconnecting from its software.

Thanks for posting. I'm having the same issues.

Are you still having problems with the gimbal tilt rotation after calibrating X1 in both the RC and P2 software??

Yes...I tried all suggestions and it didn't resolve the issue...I finally did what most others ended up doing - purchasing a new H3-3D gimbal....didn't want to be without a gimbal for the projected 3-4 months that it would be away at DJI being repaired.

Yes...I tried all suggestions and it didn't resolve the issue...I finally did what most others ended up doing - purchasing a new H3-3D gimbal....didn't want to be without a gimbal for the projected 3-4 months that it would be away at DJI being repaired.

You made a wise decision in replacing the H3-2D gimbal with the newer H3-3D and you'll the performance over the original unit.

Are you still having problems with the gimbal tilt rotation after calibrating X1 in both the RC and P2 software??
I found the problem. It's completely different. I had a minor crash and the back vibration dampener the little rubber round thing pulled out of the frame. I cleaned it up and pushed it back in and everything is working good now.

I found the problem. It's completely different. I had a minor crash and the back vibration dampener the little rubber round thing pulled out of the frame. I cleaned it up and pushed it back in and everything is working good now.

Good to hear you resolved the problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj