Dual Battery Mod

Put the antenna on the other side. Your antenna is mounted on the rc receiving side.View attachment 43021video signal measured at antenna 2. The rear leg on this side has also video signal(antenna 3).
Just spoke to tony,
He said the older phantom 3 had the video signal on the compass leg, and the just released new phantoms have switched the video signal to the Opposite leg.
can someone else please confirm if that is true ....
Thanks guys,....Kevin

I am really confused as to what side the 2.4 antenna is on now lol. My control link is solid as a rock no matter the range. I am pretty sure mine is in the right spot because changing antennas some preform better than others. Mine is the older one so it should be on the compass side.

I am really confused as to what side the 2.4 antenna is on now lol. My control link is solid as a rock no matter the range. I am pretty sure mine is in the right spot because changing antennas some preform better than others. Mine is the older one so it should be on the co.mpass side.
Yes, thats where mine is and mine is older too,...this is what Tony just told me....

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Yes, thats where mine is and mine is older too,...this is what Tony just told me....
Ok thanks, so do you have better range with different antennas? Because my stock p3 is **** near hitting 6 miles while the p3 with the mod can do about 3.

Ok thanks, so do you have better range with different antennas? Because my stock p3 is **** near hitting 6 miles while the p3 with the mod can do about 3.
I'm having problems out of my air side video amp too. Tony did my modification for me . I was getting better range before the mod. I'm going to send my bird in to tony and see if he can figure out what's going on. Maybe a bad cable or something . I have an older p3 pro and my video amp is on the back right leg. I guess worse case I can just go back to stock antennas because I was easily getting over 4 miles with just my antenna modification on my controller and now I'm getting less than 2 miles . But hopefully Tony can figure out what is going on with my bird , it's too cold to fly most days anyway .

I just ordered the bird side mod. I am not going to be happy with a decrease in signal. I have had bad luck with FPVLR. Are there 2 antennas for boath the video and RC A total of 4 ??? So just altering one should not decrease the signal. Rite ??

Hey nice I too have the same charger but my lipos g6 2 have puffed been replaced then the other 2 are just starting very little puffing.i now have the 2400 g6 but have not charged them yet.dont know why this is happening.i have nanotechs 1800/1600 no problems.keep intouch let me know how ur doing thax
I was looking at same charger to charge 2 hyperion g6 2400 on AC was wondering how long it took as i was hopefuly looking at 1 hour so same as main battery. Thanks

I just ordered the bird side mod. I am not going to be happy with a decrease in signal. I have had bad luck with FPVLR. Are there 2 antennas for boath the video and RC A total of 4 ??? So just altering one should not decrease the signal. Rite ??

Don't do it. It will reduce your range.

I'm having problems out of my air side video amp too. Tony did my modification for me . I was getting better range before the mod. I'm going to send my bird in to tony and see if he can figure out what's going on. Maybe a bad cable or something . I have an older p3 pro and my video amp is on the back right leg. I guess worse case I can just go back to stock antennas because I was easily getting over 4 miles with just my antenna modification on my controller and now I'm getting less than 2 miles . But hopefully Tony can figure out what is going on with my bird , it's too cold to fly most days anyway .
Yeah man i hear ya. The mod does not work at all. Its not your cable. Ive totally replaced the cable. No go. The only thing that increased my range on that bird was removing the amp. Good thing i had 2 p3s i was very unhappy with that mod.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
well it seems after the last update dji has reduced the signal.this is what i have been told and i do notice decreased range.anyone want to confirm this

Yeah man i hear ya. The mod does not work at all. Its not your cable. Ive totally replaced the cable. No go. The only thing that increased my range on that bird was removing the amp. Good thing i had 2 p3s i was very unhappy with that mod.
Well that sucks. I might just have tony take it all off and make it stock again . At least those stock antennas are cheap and it should be an easy fix back. O well that kind of the risk we take when we start modifying these things. I should've waited until more testing was done before getting this mod. Did you have any trouble putting your bird back to stock . Tony modified 3 out of 4 of my stock antennas on my phantom.

well it seems after the last update dji has reduced the signal.this is what i have been told and i do notice decreased range.anyone want to confirm this

I have been telling myself for a long time future updates will reduce range. But idk i am killing it now on channel 21 with the hack. First i didnt think it worked then i tried channel 21.

Well that sucks. I might just have tony take it all off and make it stock again . At least those stock antennas are cheap and it should be an easy fix back. O well that kind of the risk we take when we start modifying these things. I should've waited until more testing was done before getting this mod. Did you have any trouble putting your bird back to stock . Tony modified 3 out of 4 of my stock antennas on my phantom.

I totally took my light bridge apart it was a pain re routing the 4 antennas however if you only mess with the one cable its fine. If you have the older p3 the antenna ulf connection is on the left side inside the visual positioning unit when the battery is facing you

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart