Dual Battery Mod

Is there a difference on flight times with VPS on or off? I know it's not usable on higher altitudes but is the drone smart enought to actually power it off in this case?

I get 20 min with my stock battery. Why would I want to void my warranty and go to all the work for 1 or 2 min?

It's only a 1yr warranty on the main board and shell. Everything else is 6 months or less. So in all reality your up at 6 months, boards rarely fail and the shell cracking has largely been eliminated.

Also someone in this thread is getting close to 30 minutes, 10 additional minutes is huge.

That's what this hobby is all about. I honestly have more fun upgrading my phantoms than I do flying them anymore...lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I know what you mean. I definitely ended spending 10x more time tinkering than I do flying lol. For me everything is addictive the distance , the flight time and tinkering with everything trying to find the perfect combination of weight and battery power. Also finding the best type of antennas and orientation for my bird side amp and antenna modifications . And then there's the whole filming and editing side of things too which was the reason for me getting into this hobby in the first place. Everyday I'm amazed by the people in this hobby. There's a lot of very smart people in this hobby and they have truly inspired me to continually try new things. But most importantly not to take it so seriously and to just have a fun and safe time , always first .

Here is mine with 2 1800mah lipos. I replaced the shell last night and this gave me an excuse to just to it already. I soldered leads to the mainboard to an xt60 parallel conector. Also added a rpsma to ufl to replace the stock 2.4ghz antenna in the right leg using a circular polarized antenna in its place. First off it flies like the extra batteries are not even there. In face when I full throttled straight up it took off so fast I thought I goofed and wired it in series by mistake :) Brought it back down due to heavy wind. But yeah it flies awesome. I will get a duration flight tonight and see what happens.

Hi there. Do you have a link where you got the antenna wires and the antenna ???
Thanks.
I want to add a bird side antenna.

Here is mine with 2 1800mah lipos. I replaced the shell last night and this gave me an excuse to just to it already. I soldered leads to the mainboard to an xt60 parallel conector. Also added a rpsma to ufl to replace the stock 2.4ghz antenna in the right leg using a circular polarized antenna in its place. First off it flies like the extra batteries are not even there. In face when I full throttled straight up it took off so fast I thought I goofed and wired it in series by mistake :) Brought it back down due to heavy wind. But yeah it flies awesome. I will get a duration flight tonight and see what happens.
Right legg antennas are only rc antennas. Video antennas is in the left leggs. I have measured. Fpvlr gave you the wrong information. He has edited his page now.
Air side booster mod kit - FPVLR

Ok been messing around with the 2 batteries and I am confused with 2 venom 2300s according to the battery percentages in the app there was no increase in flight time and I landed at 25 percent. After landing the voltage in the venoms were at 15.8. So is the app reporting from just the smart battery and not taking into account the extra batteries?

Ok been messing around with the 2 batteries and I am confused with 2 venom 2300s according to the battery percentages in the app there was no increase in flight time and I landed at 25 percent. After landing the voltage in the venoms were at 15.8. So is the app reporting from just the smart battery and not taking into account the extra batteries?
From my experience the pilot app is only equipped to handle 25 minutes so when you start it'll say hundred percent for a longer period of time and it won't show any minutes on the counter for two or three minutes and then it'll show 25 and start counting down. I haven't used venoms yet but my other batteries won't show 25 minutes for about three or four minutes

Now i am wondering if my lihv batteries are charging correctly. I just tried 2 1800mah lipos non lihv from my storm drone and flight time was an improvement over the 2300 lihv. I am using a hyperion super duo 3 with charger set to lihv but it is only charging the 2300 to 1500mah. Am i missing something? I also have the hyperian g6 1800 and still the regular lipos offer more flight time. Can anyone help with this?

I am getting much better rsnge with stock antennas on my other phanton. Like much better. Ive tried several from fpvlr. I will order new stock antennas and correct it back.

Attachments

• 20160206_090127.jpg
    20160206_090127.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 378
Put the antenna on the other side. Your antenna is mounted on the rc receiving side.
20160202_164854.jpg
video signal measured at antenna 2. The rear leg on this side has also video signal(antenna 3).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West