Dual Battery Mod

I totally took my light bridge apart it was a pain re routing the 4 antennas however if you only mess with the one cable its fine. If you have the older p3 the antenna ulf connection is on the left side inside the visual positioning unit when the battery is facing you
Do you basically just need to open up the ofmd module and reattach 4 new dji antennas and reroute them back onto the legs of the phantom .

Well i changed my shell. There is a metal plate inside vps that the antenna wires are routed through a certian way. I got into a hurry and disassembled every thing including the lightbridge. I had to study that plate and figure it out.

I wonder if I just removed the amp but left the modified antennas alone. Do you think that fix my range issues.

...UOTE="Jeremiah Nelson, post: 667515, member: 32139"]It helped mine a little. But its easy to do. Try it and see. Nothing has beat my stock antennas yet and ive tried them all in every orientation i could possibly think of[/QUOTE]
if you ask me I really think this is BS!
this mod should have been thoroughly tested before anybody selling it on there website,...at this point we all don't know if it really works ......right side back, left side back, left side front, right side front,......right corner side left..ect....WTF

...UOTE="Jeremiah Nelson, post: 667515, member: 32139"]It helped mine a little. But its easy to do. Try it and see. Nothing has beat my stock antennas yet and ive tried them all in every orientation i could possibly think of
this mod should have been thoroughly tested before anybody selling it on there website,...at this point we all don't know if it really works ......right side back, left side back, left side front, right side front,......right corner side left..ect....WTF[/QUOTE]

Haha no **** i was told in testing people reported night and day difference with this mod. I like the idea of having sma connector of antennas tho. I may play around with that phantom and experiment a little more.

this mod should have been thoroughly tested before anybody selling it on there website,...at this point we all don't know if it really works ......right side back, left side back, left side front, right side front,......right corner side left..ect....WTF

Haha no **** i was told in testing people reported night and day difference with this mod. I like the idea of having sma connector of antennas tho. I may play around with that phantom and experiment a little more.[/QUOTE]
Great,...i did a test flight 10 minutes ago and got 1.3 miles out and all strong signal out and back,...i will try again tomorrow. For for a long as flight, ...also keep us posted too.....
Thanks Kevin

Reactions: phantom13flyer
It helped mine a little. But its easy to do. Try it and see. Nothing has beat my stock antennas yet and ive tried them all in every orientation i could possibly think of
I have done the exact same thing. I have tried both CP and linear antennas and every combination and every different position too.

It is 4 antennas. 2 for rc and 2 for video. I'm pretty sure its antenna 2 and 3 that is video on all models. Tony told me it was antenna 1 and 4 on all models 2-3 weeks ago and i got worse range. Then i connected the booster on the other side just to try and i got a huge imrovment. Then i bought the power meter just to confirm it. Fpvlr edited his page to antenna 2 and 3 just a couple of days ago still not mention nothing about a new or old modell.

It would seem Tony is not sure. Why would he sell a product that is untested ??
Earlier he said: "antenna N1 is for sure video and antenna n4 needs more investigation". You dont investigate outputs, you measure them. I sendt tony a mail and asked if he had found out about n4 and he said I could choose freely between 1 and 4. The same day he edited his page to antenna 1 and 4. And a few weeks later to the antenna 2 and 3

Last edited:
It is 4 antennas. 2 for rc and 2 for video. I'm pretty sure its antenna 2 and 3 that is video on all models. Tony told me it was antenna 1 and 4 on all models 2-3 weeks ago and i got worse range. Then i connected the booster on the other side just to try and i got a huge imrovment. Then i bought the power meter just to confirm it. Fpvlr edited his page to antenna 2 and 3 just a couple of days ago still not mention nothing about a new or old modell.
Then this would mean the video antenna is still stock but why would i have such a noticeable reduction in video transmission if control antenna was changed? Also, how and why would tony put out this mod out as it was? Any testing quickly shows a reduction in range.

Last edited:
[IOTE="Jeremiah Nelson, post: 668054, member: 32139"]I am adding connections to the back left side now. I will report back this afternoon.[/QUOTE]
"" the back left side"... how are you viewing your phantom 3, looking at it directly from the front or looking at it with the back of the battery facing you?
Thanks Kevin.

OK same results. Found a rpsma to ulf but its a little short so cant get very good antenna orientation as of now. Got out 7000ft and lost signal. I will order a longer one and reconnect the amp.

Attachments

• 20160207_092154_resized.jpg
    20160207_092154_resized.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 520
  • 20160207_102029_resized.jpg
    20160207_102029_resized.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 466
[IOTE="Jeremiah Nelson, post: 668054, member: 32139"]I am adding connections to the back left side now. I will report back this afternoon.
"" the back left side"... how are you viewing your phantom 3, looking at it directly from the front or looking at it with the back of the battery facing you?
Thanks Kevin.[/QUOTE]

Kevin I am looking at the phantom from the back with the battery facing me. I just uploaded a pic that shows where the number 2 antenna is located for the 2.4 in the left leg. I am pointing a screw driver at the ulf connection where it goes.

[QUOT E="Jeremiah Nelon, post: 668164, member: 32139"]"" the back left side"... how are you viewing your phantom 3, looking at it directly from the front or looking at it with the back of the battery facing you?
Thanks Kevin.[/QUOTE]

Kevin I am looking at the phantom from the back with the battery facing me. I just uploaded a pic that shows where the number 2 antenna is located for the 2.4 in the left leg. I am pointing a screw driver at the ulf connection where it goes.[/QUOTE]

Ok, got it....that means mine is on the back right side which would be N3 correct?
And according to Tony we can use N2 OR
N3 right?.....Your thoughts Jeremiah

[QUOT E="Jeremiah Nelon, post: 668164, member: 32139"]"" the back left side"... how are you viewing your phantom 3, looking at it directly from the front or looking at it with the back of the battery facing you?
Thanks Kevin.

Kevin I am looking at the phantom from the back with the battery facing me. I just uploaded a pic that shows where the number 2 antenna is located for the 2.4 in the left leg. I am pointing a screw driver at the ulf connection where it goes.[/QUOTE]

Ok, got it....that means mine is on the back right side which would be N3 correct?
And according to Tony we can use N2 OR
N3 right?.....Your thoughts Jeremiah[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think lars confirmed that a few pages back. Props to him for figuring that out. I didn't even think to try because tony said that 2.4 was in the right rear leg. I wish I had all my time back messing with this. What the hell was tony thinking?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn